Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Outstanding performance. Thoroughly dominated from start to finish. Dropped the last half hour but we were coasting by then.

Sterling just gets better and better. Now he's added goals to his game he's up there with anything in the league 600 grand or 58 million. Yeah, I know which one I'm taking and the talent level is NO different. Boss song too which is finally taking off.

The two Spaniah fullbacks look superb. Solid defensively quick, and comfortable on the ball going forward. Just how cool was Moreno on his outstanding goal? There was NO way he was passing to Mario when he cut inside. And the finish was just brilliant. Lovren and Sakho will take time but stay with that now please Brendan. Even Joe Allen has a great game bossing the midfield. And then there was a dude in the 45 shirt ..... EVERYTHING we've been telling people he is. Quick. Technically brilliant. Great in the air. Strong as an ox. Great movement. Just don't give him an open goal lol. (But his play in the buildup to that wa something else.).

Yeah, y'all keep telling yourselfs Marios 'not' Wirld class.

An we'll keep enjoying our WORLD CLASS forward.

He works as hard as that every week we'll soon forget Suarez.

Boss day out following the mighty reds.

City and Chelsea. You have been put on notice.

This is a SERIOUS 3 horse race and the red entry is MUCH stronger than a year ago.

Fact: We got the exact same return after three games in 07/08.

Good news.

International break. You can't suffer more humiliation next weekend. Go to the beach and relax free from Utd ruining the weekend.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I don't overvalue a win vs Spurs... but if you didn't notice a difference between this weeks attack and last weeks you are lying to yourself, Elessar.

Love the diamond but that means Sterling and Coutinho can't play together.

Sterling can play RM for me.

What gets interesting is where do we put Lallana when he comes back?

Owned? 3 defensive mistakes in an otherwise even game.

A point would've been a blessing at the Etihad.

We weren't healthy.  Next time we meet we'll be pulling talent off the bench like City were.  Obviously not the same level, but better than Lambert.

Though Markovic has been a very good two way player for me.

Owned? 3 defensive mistakes in an otherwise even game.

Rodgers will figure out a way.

But the options all over the park are very welcome.

Hail.

If we're going by those standards what would you call Tottenham's defending today? The penalty that changed the game 50% dive, 50% defensive error. If you call the game against City even then this game was even too. How about Balotelli asking to take penalties? Scouse cheek I suppose.

You know what i'll take that back, you guys probably have 3rd locked up. Arsenal is playing like a Europa squad.

Cuz why get a striker when you have Sanogo and Podolski??

Sanchez looks great tho

Like it or not, Sanchez (seems to be) is the guy who is the CF along with Giroud. As you say, he's looked good. It's odd but for we're not in sync yet. A big part of which is that our WC guys were out for so long. Recall the beginning of last year when we had an uninterrupted pre-season—there was a lot more flow. We've trained long stretches without our starting CBs, Ozil, and Giroud. Debuchy and Alexis are new as well. 60% of your field players did not have a full preseason. Also there was continuity coming off last summer—no one left and the starters were all generally the same.

We just have to keep banking points until we start to play well. 

So I had a big glass of water next to me waiting the Arsenal game.  Then I realized there was a player name Drinkwater on Leicester.  So I took a sip every time they said his name.  Good thing his name wasn't Drinkrum or Drinkvodka.

I'm sure you drank enough of both yesterday

If we're going by those standards what would you call Tottenham's defending today? The penalty that changed the game 50% dive, 50% defensive error. If you call the game against City even then this game was even too. How about Balotelli asking to take penalties? Scouse cheek I suppose.

FWIW I said it was closer than  it looked on the score sheet, but I think he's referring to control of the game. 

We certainly had our way how we wanted it.

Maybe Real should spend another 100mil on some defenders

I think they will, once the Senate approves.

Keep telling yourself that. It's because teams let "world class" players for 16M. 

It's funny how you can label yourself "contenders" after beating spurs and being owned by City last week. I guess the standards have really dropped at Anfield.

Did we have that world class player at the Etihad?

I mean, I saw him up in the stands on the World Class Mariocam.... but was he on the pitch in Red?

Plus it took BR two weeks to read this thread and realize Johnson and Lucas have no place in the side.  He's just about caught up now. 

Give it time.  In the words of Herman Boone, "Give it time, it's like novacain, it always works". ;)

watched DCU and Real game side by side at the bar.  No real excuse for giving up 4 goals after going up 2-0. 

DCU- NY was interesting. NY had its chances and some quality ones.  DC just made its chances count.  WIn against a rival never the less.  Oh and EJ actually did something haha.

Shame I didn't get to see any Bundesliga games.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

watched DCU and Real game side by side at the bar.  No real excuse for giving up 4 goals after going up 2-0. 

DCU- NY was interesting. NY had its chances and some quality ones.  DC just made its chances count.  WIn against a rival never the less.  Oh and EJ actually did something haha.

Shame I didn't get to see any Bundesliga games.

United missed a bunch of chances too.

Should've been 5-2 DCU... but that MLS finishing (and Hamid) made it 2-0 DCU.

Red Bulls are done.  Henry and Cahill are both 100 years old. 

Keep telling yourself that. It's because teams let "world class" players for 16M. 

It's funny how you can label yourself "contenders" after beating spurs and being owned by City last week. I guess the standards have really dropped at Anfield.

My cell ran out on train. Sorry for the delay, 

Milan are in DIRE straights financially. Berlusconni is banged up again and preserving all the money he can and as such they've been having a complete clear out of anything worth anything and the big earners off the wage bill. Kaka and Balotelli were the teo biggest earners left. Kaka was released to go to the MLS., And we benefited on Mario with some hard bargaining. (Milan wanted £ 25 million at the start of the summer.). Arsenal could of had the same bargain if Wenger hadn't sat on hands as usual. 

How people refuse to admit he's a World class talent is amusing as all heck. Everyone else hates him. Liverpudlians adore him already. Just the way we like it. 

As far City, like I mentioned three defensive mistakes cost us in a very even game we were dominating possession wise without creating much. Today, with Mario on board to free up Sturridge, the attacking threat was back with a vengeance, But what was more impressive was the way we bounced back from Monday to go down to Tottenahm, who's confidence was sky high after their start, and totally take them out behind the woodshed. 

That's not standards slipping. That's the sign of a top team who'll be challenging for honors all season. 

That's the sign of Brendan Rodgers Liverpool. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Did we have that world class player at the Etihad?

I mean, I saw him up in the stands on the World Class Mariocam.... but was he on the pitch in Red?

:lol: Brilliant. 

Funniest thing today: 

The blue on the platform at Limey this AM who, in all seriousness, tried to say it showed what a fantastic side Martinez is building as they scored three against Chelsea and not many sides will score three against Chelsea this year and they are a threat to recliam the Citys' bragging rights. And he was DEADLY serious. 

After we'd all picked ourselves up off the floor from laughing and informed the poor delusional twit that not many sides will frigging concede SIX to Chelsea either (and pointed out that the £ 28 million man STILL hasn't scored as he was trying to pull Super Mario apart); he just got more and more defiant before he stormed off in the face of complete ridicule. 

Real amusing start to the day.  :lol:  :lol:

Hail. 

You know what i'll take that back, you guys probably have 3rd locked up. Arsenal is playing like a Europa squad.

Cuz why get a striker when you have Sanogo and Podolski??

Sanchez looks great tho

If the rumors are true, I find it absolutely absurd, to be polite, that Wenger turned Milan down when offered Balotteli so cheaply. 

Hail. 

:lol: Brilliant. 

Funniest thing today: 

The blue on the platform at Limey this AM who, in all seriousness, tried to say it showed what a fantastic side Martinez is building as they scored three against Chelsea and not many sides will score three against Chelsea this year and they are a threat to recliam the Citys' bragging rights. And he was DEADLY serious. 

After we'd all picked ourselves up off the floor from laughing and informed the poor delusional twit that not many sides will frigging concede SIX to Chelsea either (and pointed out that the £ 28 million man STILL hasn't scored as he was trying to pull Super Mario apart); he just got more and more defiant before he stormed off in the face of complete ridicule. 

Real amusing start to the day.  :lol:  :lol:

Hail. 

Yeah, the Robbies (NBC USA coverage) made it a point to say that it was an entertaining game but that it wasn't a moral victory.  

I like Martinez a lot, and I'd love to have Leighton Baines in Red to be frank, but that's about it.  I had fun watching the game but they were never a real threat to win.  Chelsea put one up whenever they wanted to attack.