Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Dammit. Rovers lost 3-1 to Wolves. I haven't had time to read up on what happened, but I don't like the yo-yo routine, again.

Shane Duffy undisclosed to Rovers from Everton. Being reported locally it's £ 500 k down possibly rising to £ 1.5 million.

Few Blues I've texted said he's a solid if unspectacular centre half who should do well in the Championship dog fight.

Giant apparently well over 6 ft.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Monaco setting its sights on Cruzeiro for Ricardo Goulart, and is also interested in Roberto Soldado.

I seriously have a bone to pick here.

IF we are all of a sudden looking everywhere for a keeper... then why didn't we go after a FREE Memo Ochoa?

Ochoa is talented but inconsistent. He isn't free he's (not) playing for Malaga, he was benched.

Monaco setting its sights on Cruzeiro for Ricardo Goulart, and is also interested in Roberto Soldado.

Ochoa is talented but inconsistent. He isn't free he's (not) playing for Malaga, he was benched.

He was a free agent this summer

I didn't realize they released him after his surgery.  Well he's still a world class keeper.  For note that took me a second to figure out haha.  Licked her was the breakthrough.

You like that taken out of context stuff.

It's only a back-up keeper that improves on Jones if one at all.

Hail.

Okay.  That makes me feel a little better.  Even though Mignolet has his moments on both sides of the aisle.  He's so manic.

Jones did alright during FA Cup for me but he'll never start. 

De Jong will be United's last signing if they can get it done on time. Since the back line is what it is at this point it could be a useful signing. He's one dimensional but he's very accomplished at the dimension he's good at.

Imagine what Fergie could have done with this squad.

As someone wrote today, Di Maria is the icing & Falcao is the cherry.

All Utd need now is the actual cake......

Rojo, Shaw, Carrick and Herrera have yet to play, plus De Jong might be on his way and there's Blind too. That's 4 midfielders that put Di Maria in a better position to cause havoc. Hopefully Van Persie and Falcao have 3 healthy legs between them.

De Jong is imperative IMO and if we can get him vacation time might be over for everyone. Nobody but GHH can tell me Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao and De Jong aren't a major upgrade. Not sure about Di Maria being "icing" either he walks into every first 11 in the BPL.

Welbeck had some incentive to go to Arsenal permanently if he wants to stick it to United and play close to home. Put in a couple of big seasons and get sold to City.

Big kudos to Southampton BTW. Everyone wrote them off but they kept their heads and rebalanced their squad and held onto Schneiderlin and Rodriguez which will be huge for them. They may have even upgraded on Lallana and Shaw as well with Tadic and Aldersomething.

Edited by LVSkinz

so forgive me for being stupid but I just learned Bayern referred to Bavaria in Germany.  So now it all this Bavarian stuff makes sense to me why they always called them the Bavarians.  Interesting if you are a fan of Bayer 04 since its named after the pharmaceutical company.

Long story short if they're German and put together a couple of strong seasons along with a few national team caps they'll all be Bavarian in the end.

Rojo, Shaw, Carrick and Herrera have yet to play, plus De Jong might be on his way and there's Blind too. That's 4 midfielders that put Di Maria in a better position to cause havoc. Hopefully Van Persie and Falcao have 3 healthy legs between them.

De Jong is imperative IMO and if we can get him vacation time might be over for everyone. Nobody but GHH can tell me Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao and De Jong aren't a major upgrade. Not sure about Di Maria being "icing" either he walks into every first 11 in the BPL.

I think its anyone's guess as to whether that lot will work as a team. I bet LVG can't believe the pile of crap he's inherited & before you know it the panic button's been pressed just to preserve some form of respectability this season.

Mata looks likes a waste of money right now, to be added to the Fellaini waste.

Plus, I can see Rooney & his £200k p/w playing in midfield before too long.