Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Nonsense. In order to aimlessly run up and down the pitch for 90 minutes you have to be at 100%. Best box to box striker in the BPL.

I call nonsense on your nonsense.

When you say 'best box to box striker in the BPL'; you're making these poor Arsenal fans who suffer enough every season think they've actually bought a goal scorer.

Now that's just devious nonsense.

Hail.

I scored against Paul Robinson (header from a corner) playing for the County against his County, North Yorkahire. He was 5 years younger than anyone else, and brilliant. And the manager, who was also an Everton youth coach as well as being a County coach, tried to get Everton to sign him. But Leeds got there first and the rest is history

And he's still playing. Sighs, what could of been if I hadn't discovered alcohol, females and got hooked on following the red men.

Thought I'd share.

Hail.

You still would've stunk, GHH. ;)  Also, a buddy of mine used to joke that everyone in England was either a footballer or was related to one.  When I hear stories from you and MartinC, you pretty much confirm those jokes.  :P

Robbo just hit 200 appearances for Rovers this past weekend, by the by.

You still would've stunk, GHH. ;) Also, a buddy of mine used to joke that everyone in England was either a footballer or was related to one. When I hear stories from you and MartinC, you pretty much confirm those jokes. :P

Robbo just hit 200 appearances for Rovers this past weekend, by the by.

Don't believe a word Martin says.

He said Tina Shilton was better than Clemence. I believe he's a computer generated poster with a glitch.

Hail.

• Like 1

I call nonsense on your nonsense.

When you say 'best box to box striker in the BPL'; you're making these poor Arsenal fans who suffer enough every season think they've actually bought a goal scorer.

Now that's just devious nonsense.

Hail.

You mean a striker that could probably dunk a basketball but doesn't attack crosses?

In response to your earlier post, I'd take Balotelli over vacation in Monaco Falcao. Too bad Atletico Madrid/Porto Falcao drowned in the Mediteranian somewhere off a nude beach. Even if we're back in the CL I'll be shocked if he's a United player next season. Moutinho had monstrous wages too I don't understand why a similar deal couldn't have been struck to bring him in.

You mean a striker that could probably dunk a basketball but doesn't attack crosses?

In response to your earlier post, I'd take Balotelli over vacation in Monaco Falcao. Too bad Atletico Madrid/Porto Falcao drowned in the Mediteranian somewhere off a nude beach. Even if we're back in the CL I'll be shocked if he's a United player next season. Moutinho had monstrous wages too I don't understand why a similar deal couldn't have been struck to bring him in.

I honestly don't know what to make of the Falcao deal. 

On the one hand, if he's fully recovered and not affected by the injury, he's a World class forward. 

On the other, United had FAR more pressing needs and it's potentially gonna' send Rooney into another massive sulk. 

Hail. 

I honestly don't know what to make of the Falcao deal. 

On the one hand, if he's fully recovered and not affected by the injury, he's a World class forward. 

On the other, United had FAR more pressing needs and it's potentially gonna' send Rooney into another massive sulk. 

Hail. 

The thing I can think is there is a lot more wrong with Van Persie than what they're saying. Fergie knew exactly what he was doing when he decided he was over Rooney IMO but it's too late now.

I really like the Rojo signing. 

Blind, not so much. He's more average, over priced mediocrity.

And can I just say Jordan Henderson has the gayest song ever. 

Which kind of fits given my calls for him to come out on these here pages in the past. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The thing I can think is there is a lot more wrong with Van Persie than what they're saying. Fergie knew exactly what he was doing when he decided he was over Rooney IMO but it's too late now.

Yep I think there are major doubts over Van Persie's knee injury. The Falcao deal looks a good one right now having not know about the VP injury yesterday...

And I agree, Di Maria is clearly a better player than both of GHH's scouse boys, although Sterling has the makings of being top top quality player.

At least the cant attract world class players myth was put to rest. Another season outside of the CL could be another story but this year was no worry.

Seriously?

You WELL paid over the odds for Di Maria. A player NOBODY else was interested in, and got robbed blind by Madrid who knew Utd were desperate.

And it takes the last day o the window to get a loan signing who openly wanted to go to Madrid and courted them all summer long but they didn't want him. So he settled on Utd.

Over paying for a player nobody else wanted and another settling for you as his choice spurned him,

Yup, yuse are attracting Worldies alright.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

At least the cant attract world class players myth was put to rest. Another season outside of the CL could be another story but this year was no worry.

Did it? At £264/week that's more than Messi (£245/week). 

De he come for the name? Or for the money? 

Maybe you could make an argument that the two can't be separated, but he wanted to go to Madrid but even they wouldn't pay the asking price.

Attracting talent was RVP going to you guys. 

Why did Monaco want to unload him in the first place? Guardian Football Weekly podcast wasn't very high on him (and Cavani). Don't understand because Falcao scores at an amazing clip. 

Regardless, good signing for Utd. Don't know if it's "attracting talent" or "home of last resort for very talented but unwanted players". If it's the latter, not a bad problem to have. 

Monaco's owner just went through a divorce where he lost half his wealth. He bought Monaco to stash some money, but the judges didnt care.

So now he is not paying exorbitant fees and salaries to players anymore and wanted rid of high earners.

Falcao's goal numbers are elite, but if you look at the advanced figures in comparison to other strikers he doesnt stand out so much. (non penalty goals per 90 minutes and the like)

He also contributes nothing to the build up and is coming off an ACL tear. Great poacher tho.

The signing is odd because United is still a mess in defense.

Edited by JoeWolf990
  • Like 1

I agree that the signing is odd. It's certainly a statement of intent from their board and new manager...misguided as it may yet seem. Falcao is truly a top-notch talent when fit and I will add some much-needed goals to the side.

I'm also not as much of a cynic of their defenders as many pundits and fans alike seem to be. I think they've got great formation versatility along the back line as well as up front and a plethora of skill, power, and pace throughout the side.

If they're going to move up and push one of the current teams out of the top 4, I think it'd be Arsenal, unfortunately.

The problem with United's central defense is it's 2014 and not 2018. Jones, Blackett and Rojo have some serious potential but we needed someone with some command and experience. Why the plan was Hummels or best God only knows and there;s also absolutely no good reason for Vidic not to still be at the club. That thing he and Rio Ferdinand had going on in their prime was something that may never be recreated. To me they were equally as important to United's success back then as Ronaldo.

Also, the more I'm analyzing the move, the more I'm liking the Welbeck signing (cue GHH ridicule).

just that he works hard and gives us speed and power. We will probably have hte fastest front line in the league now, so thats a great thing. We needed this type of speed for years.

But he wont be scoring goals

just that he works hard and gives us speed and power. We will probably have hte fastest front line in the league now, so thats a great thing. We needed this type of speed for years.

But he wont be scoring goals

I was encouraged to see Sanchez playing on the left flank a lot last weekend. This tells me that Wenger is entertaining the idea of a Sanchez-Welbeck-Walcott front line which I would welcome. Put Mesut and Ramsey behind them and we've got some real impetus going forward. Now, Flamini shielding the back 4 is not an idea I welcome. Also not convinced of Debuchy's ability to replace Sagna and Mertesacker makes me nervous every time a forward runs at him.