Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I think its anyone's guess as to whether that lot will work as a team. I bet LVG can't believe the pile of crap he's inherited & before you know it the panic button's been pressed just to preserve some form of respectability this season.

Mata looks likes a waste of money right now, to be added to the Fellaini waste.

Plus, I can see Rooney & his £200k p/w playing in midfield before too long.

Fillaini needs to play in a 3 man midfield and be given one simple task of smacking people around in front of the back 4. That at least we get some kind of use from him until he gets shipped to wherever Moyes manages next for a few million quid. Gutted we haven't signed De Jong but Blind's best position is a DM so it'll have to be him and Carrick when he comes back. As long as we're not playing our 4th and 5th choice midfielders all season long itll look better.

Still can't believe about that Algerian player who got killed by a rock thrown few weeks ago.  I don't know when a player dies young or due to something like that I just rather think God simply needed a keeper, defender, midfielder,forward,etc.  Just sad player who have died lately and haven't had to.  One dying because no doctor at a Qatar hospital to treat appendicitis and then another killed by a jerk with a rock.

..... Not sure about Di Maria being "icing" either he walks into every first 11 in the BPL.

I won't comment on the United signings unless you really want me to, but I take exception to this no less than at my own club. 

He wouldn't replace Sterling by ANY stretch of the imagination. So you're left with Coutinho and honestly, given Di Maria is at this point totally unproven in the BPL, it's doubtful you'd go with him. 

We pick up United's castoff in hopes to remain in the top 4.

Sweet.

Be careful what you wish for ..... Too late .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It is but I've come to the conclusion that AW will never buy a DM. It's against his religion.

I thought bringing in a CB wouldn't even be a question.

nah, he wanted to buy a DM (or at least a defensive minded midfielder) but he has no idea about modern values. Apparently he offered Sporting 16 million and Joel Campbell on loan for Carvalho yesterday. Sporting laughed at it.

See, that's where y'all went wrong.

If you'd of offered 1 cent over the 24 bucks, you'd of gotten him. Portuguese clubs are greedy like that.

Like when you tried to get Suarez.

Hail.

When overspending is in your club's blood. What's a million (or $200 million) here and there?

I won't comment on the United signings unless you really want me to, but I take exception to this no less than at my own club.

He wouldn't replace Sterling by ANY stretch of the imagination. So you're left with Coutinho and honestly, given Di Maria is at this point totally unproven in the BPL, it's doubtful you'd go with him.

Be careful what you wish for ..... Too late .....

Hail.

Sterling and Coutinho are better than Di Maria. Thats either scouse cheek, trolling or a state of pure inhibriation. Maybe a mix of all 3.

Sterling and Coutinho are better than Di Maria. Thats either scouse cheek, trolling or a state of pure inhibriation. Maybe a mix of all 3.

Sterling currently most definitely is,

Nobody in the league is playing better or developing at a more frightening rate. Now he's added goals to his fame he's looking unstoppable,

To deny that is just not being impartial.

I never said Coutinho was a better player. I said being as Di Maria is totally unproven in England, currently you'd take Coutinho.

Hail.

Found out that Rovers had four men out from the starting 11 against Wolves.  Not a deep squad at all, so that hurts.  Wolves have been playing very well since promotion, too.

Along with Duffy, we loaned in Jason Steele from Boro and Ryan Tunnicliffe from Fulham.  Steele should push Robinson for starting keeper, which is good.  Tunnicliffe is a holding midfielder from what I read, but really not sure of his caliber.  Makes me worried that we got him from Fulham.  Might be another depth player, but we have enough of them really.  Guess we'll have to see.

Along with Duffy, we loaned in Jason Steele from Boro and Ryan Tunnicliffe from Fulham. Steele should push Robinson for starting keeper, which is good. .... .

I scored against Paul Robinson (header from a corner) playing for the County against his County, North Yorkahire. He was 5 years younger than anyone else, and brilliant. And the manager, who was also an Everton youth coach as well as being a County coach, tried to get Everton to sign him. But Leeds got there first and the rest is history

And he's still playing. Sighs, what could of been if I hadn't discovered alcohol, females and got hooked on following the red men.

Thought I'd share.

Hail.