Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Exactly.

I've said it before, Wenger has some Shanahan like stubbornness in him

Balo wanted to come to Arsenal. He has pictures on his social media account of him with Arsenal memorabilia

Your loss is our gain. 

Today was the start of something REAL special up front. 

He works as hard as that every week and he and Sturridge will be as deadly as Suarez and Sturridge. 

Hail. 

If the rumors are true, I find it absolutely absurd, to be polite, that Wenger turned Milan down when offered Balotteli so cheaply. 

Hail. 

Any word on Sergio?

Not that I'm one to complain after a clean sheet...

BTW... this North Londoner who used to work for me couldn't wait to start talking ****.  Called me at halftime of the City game on Monday right after we conceded.  I'm like "you know you guys BARELY got a point from West Ham and then you played QPR".

He even hit me up on twitter several times this morning.  It was quiet after the 7th minute or so, though.  Still hasn't picked up the phone.  I was even nice and texted him about how much they'd improved... went from 4-0 to 5-0 and now it's back to 3-0.

Still no answer.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Robbies (NBC USA coverage) made it a point to say that it was an entertaining game but that it wasn't a moral victory.  

I like Martinez a lot, and I'd love to have Leighton Baines in Red to be frank, but that's about it.  I had fun watching the game but they were never a real threat to win.  Chelsea put one up whenever they wanted to attack.

We do. But younger. Classier. And Spanish.  ;)

And this one can DEFEND as well as tearing it up at the other end unlike Baines. 

Hail. 

Any word on Sergio?

Not that I'm one to complain after a clean sheet...

Nothing outside of media rumor. 

Today was Simon all over. He races out and almost gifts 'Spurs an equaliser that was just lobbed over the bar. He flaps at any cross that came in. Then he makes a stunning save on half time that would of given Tottenham a wholey undeserved equalise. 

Frustrating isn't the word. 

If we're going by those standards what would you call Tottenham's defending today? The penalty that changed the game 50% dive, 50% defensive error. If you call the game against City even then this game was even too. How about Balotelli asking to take penalties? Scouse cheek I suppose.

If you don't see a complete difference in both games I don't know what to tell you save you not watching impartially. 

City barely troubled us all half Monday until Moreno's mistake. We had Tottenham pinned back all half and Loris' goal was under siege. However soft the penalty was (and it was a penalty); it was no more than we deserved and far from a game changer. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Today was Simon all over. He races out and almost gifts 'Spurs an equaliser that was just lobbed over the bar. He flaps at any cross that came in. Then he makes a stunning save on half time that would of given Tottenham a wholey undeserved equalise. 

The echo is saying United want him, too, apparently.

Fabio has some interest from Inter, too. 

If you don't see a complete difference in both games I don't know what to tell you save you not watching impartially.

City barely troubled us all half Monday until Moreno's mistake. We had Tottenham pinned back all half and Loris' goal was under siege. However soft the penalty was (and it was a penalty); it was no more than we deserved and far from a game changer.

Hail.

I dont know Lovern stopped a couple of pending chances. He looks to be your best buy thus far.

The echo is saying United want him, too, apparently.

Fabio has some interest from Inter, too. 

Lot of talk Borini will finally be gone later today. We'll see. 

Oh, just for j who's been bugging the heck out of me ..... first heard this at Preston and it's really starting to take off. Sounds better louder and faster 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKTL67vrt2E

Translation ......

Way he goes running down the Anfield Road; E I E I E

He's the greatest little winger that we've ever been sold E I E I E

600 Grandddd, Oh what a feeeee

When he's skipping round Vincent Kompanyyyyy

Raheem Sterlinggggg, Number 3111111

If you don't be quick, He's away and goneeeee

Now Jordan Henderson's new song to Simon and Garfunkles 'Mrs Robinson' is just tragic. :lol:

Hail. 

First, while I enjoy the way Arsenal plays (or tries to play) soccer in general, I still don't understand Wegner's stubbornness to spend at least some money to strengthen his squad.  Yes, Ozil got lots of money, but that was very much an abberation.  For this one time, I don't understand how he could cheapen out and let Remy go on loan to Chelsea (btw, why do they need ANOTHER striker) for 12 million for 2 years loan.  Arsenal desperately need a striker to try to compete for the league/make it out of CL group.  Big mistake.

Nice win for Pool, but you guys shouldn't compare Spurs to any decent European side.  They are the equivalent to a semi-heavy, pretty faced girl in a local bar.  Put the right make-up on her, in a place devoid of really hot chicks, and local businessmen stay well past happy hour frequent and she looks great, especially around 11 PM.  Put same person in a big 'Club', with really hot girls and younger guys and she's standing on the side bar at 2 AM, barely aware of why she's there and hoping for an Harry Rednap type to come along and save her.

Wait until you play a couple CL games to really gauge how you play.

One thing - how did that signing of "Super" Mario go today.  Rampant for a brace, right (some posters, who remain nameless but love Rexy) predicted.  As I posted eariler, he won't score vs top sides, but will do great vs the likes of Burnley.

One thing - how did that signing of "Super" Mario go today.  Rampant for a brace, right (some posters, who remain nameless but love Rexy) predicted.  As I posted eariler, he won't score vs top sides, but will do great vs the likes of Burnley.

That's taking liberties as I'm not on record for that but regardless, his overall game and work rate was outstanding and he made a MAJOR difference to the team. 

I'll take whatever you have on that assertion he won't score against top sides and say he'll have the best goalscoring campaign of his career and will be a difference maker in the big games. 

Hail. 

According to As Falcao is on his way to ManU on a one year loan worth €11.5 millions plus option for final transfer on a 4 years deal worth €9 millions/year. Total transfer fee would be around €65 millions. Chicharito will be traded to Real.

See the look on his face, hide your joy man, it's official you and your used veyron are expendable.

4095531_instagram-copie-new.jpg

Edited by FrFan

Well damn. That's not a bad move for those guys.

No, aside from the fact they desperately need defenders and midfielders, it's liable to cause ruptions with Rooney, and all his wages on top of the loan fee (easy to see why we bailed); it's not a bad move.

Like Di Maria.

van Gaal not there next season. He'll be gone after no Europe and another Glazier panic. How's that for a prediction?

Hail.

All the goodwill gained by the FA Cup is gone.

Once we get ****slapped by City in two weeks, fans will be at AW's doorstep

I already knew he wasn't gonna get a ST or DM because he's way too stubborn but to not get a ****ing CB when you only have 3 on the team?

Beyond madness

And we're too crowded to bring Cesc back right? Lol.

Which made sense until he started playing Ozil on the left... Jesus

I already knew he wasn't gonna get a ST or DM because he's way too stubborn but to not get a ****ing CB when you only have 3 on the team?

Beyond madness

But word is Sanchez' wife loves the London shops so there is that.

Hail.

• Like 1

Beyond madness

And we're too crowded to bring Cesc back right? Lol.

Which made sense until he started playing Ozil on the left... Jesus

You'd probably feel differently if Sanchez was signed two hours ago. 

neither was henry, rvp

Regardless, there are glaring at two crucial positions.

Didn't Kos get his head split open the other day? If something happens to Chambers (which it probably will cuz Arsenal) then next man up is Monreal...who is currently the starting LB lol

Oh and meanwhile we can look forward to seeing Flamini rack up cards in the DM role

I want to win. AW doesn't. Money isn't an excuse anymore

No, aside from the fact they desperately need defenders and midfielders, it's liable to cause ruptions with Rooney, and all his wages on top of the loan fee (easy to see why we bailed); it's not a bad move.

Like Di Maria.

van Gaal not there next season. He'll be gone after no Europe and another Glazier panic. How's that for a prediction?

Hail.

Sakho and Lovren will be good by then.  And our fullbacks are quality.  Not too worried about it.  But in terms of quality he's a good player who can help them.

It's not a game changer by any means though.

You could get the "B team" (which only costs 400 mil) since Champions League is that next week.

Like Di Maria.

Hail.

I predict he shaves his and disguises himself as Howard Webb. I also predict it coming out that those Jennifer Lawrence pictures were for me. Stay tuned for more signings if youre worried, possibly also from Monaco. Edited by LVSkinz