Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Over the duration of 2014 to date he is WELL on his way to that and better than anything else in the League. Now he's adding goals to his game on a regular basis it's frightening just how good the 19 year old will become. His progress since Christmas has been phenomenal. 

Anyone that would play the as yet totally unproven in the English game Di Maria over Sterling right here, right now on current form is foolish to be REAL kind. 

Hail. 

Yes, Sterling is a good player, but best in the League.  Sorry, but those Pool 'Red' glasses are tainting your vision.  I'm sure he'll do well and maybe even get to mid to upper teens in League goals, but he's still behind the top strikers in the EPL.

BTW, if you think that he's in the class of DiMaria, you really need to get those glasses fixed.

Yes, Sterling is a good player, but best in the League.  Sorry, but those Pool 'Red' glasses are tainting your vision.  I'm sure he'll do well and maybe even get to mid to upper teens in League goals, but he's still behind the top strikers in the EPL.

BTW, if you think that he's in the class of DiMaria, you really need to get those glasses fixed.

He's not a striker, though. :lol:

Yes, Sterling is a good player, but best in the League. Sorry, but those Pool 'Red' glasses are tainting your vision. I'm sure he'll do well and maybe even get to mid to upper teens in League goals, but he's still behind the top strikers in the EPL.

Why do people write such utter bunkum about club bias to try prove a point?

Angel Di Maria is a quality footballer. He's nowhere near a £ 58 million pound footballer (but Utd were desperate and Madrid took full advantage); but a quality talent regardless. (I wouldn't put him in the top class bracket until he starts adding goals to his game but that's subjective.).

But he's as yet TOTALLY unproven in the English game. Just how hard is this for folk to grasp? Many is the quality foreign player who's arrived here and struggled terribly with the frenetic ferocity only England produces. Just ask Arsenal fans in this here thread on how hard it's been for Ozil to adapt as a glaring recent example.

Raheem Sterling, even at such a tender age, HAS proven himself in the BPL. And since Christmas has been nothing shy of phenomenal. (Liverpool's best player the second half of last season. Even above Suarez. Sterling was the catalyst.).

Which ever way you slice it, right here, right now; the prudent choice if you had the option of both players in Englamd would be Sterling.

And if you don't think he's been the best performer I'm the league in the calendar year to date, feel free to name one better.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yaya Toure is having a better 2014 than Sterling.

Agreed. Was just about to post that.

Yaya Toure has been playing this season?

WOW! Wouldn't of known that being as he's been TOTALLY anonymous thus far. Hell, even Joe Allen completely took him out of the game against Liverpool. 

Sterling OTOH has continued where he left off. 

Next,. 

Hail. 

Yaya Toure has been playing this season?

WOW! Wouldn't of known that being as he's been TOTALLY anonymous thus far. Hell, even Joe Allen completely took him out of the game against Liverpool. 

Sterling OTOH has continued where he left off. 

Next,. 

Hail.

You said calendar year.

Toure lead City to the league title over your beloved Reds, remember....

He wins.

Next.

You said calendar year.

Toure lead City to the league title over your beloved Reds, remember....

He wins.

Next.

Right.

Calendar year.

Which runs the second half of last year and the current season.

At best you could say 'equally as good as.'

The poster inferred there was better over the duration.

The question on the floor is 'who?'

Next.

Hail,

Right.

Calendar year.

Which runs the second half of last year and the current season.

At best you could say 'equally as good as.'

The poster inferred there was better over the duration.

The question on the floor is 'who?'

Next.

Hail,

Calendar year being probably 20 plus games last season and 3 this season. This season has very little weighting in this discussion.

The question on the floor has been answered. Check the 2013/14 league table & cup results to find out the most influential of the two.

Next.

But a player that's already scored more in a season by 19 than Di Maria has his whole career to date.

Just not when he's hitting the back of the Arsenal net. ;)

Hail.

Are assists still a relevant statistic for wingers/midfielders anymore? Chances created? Happy cherry picking to you sir.

I must be blind or reading something wrong but according to ESPN Sterling scored 10 goals last season and Di Maria 12 to go with 23 against a whopping 7 by Sterling.

Edited by LVSkinz

Calendar year being probably 20 plus games last season and 3 this season. This season has very little weighting in this discussion.

The question on the floor has been answered. Check the 2013/14 league table & cup results to find out the most influential of the two.

Next.

Distinguish between 'personal influence and impact on team' and 'quality of surrounding cast'; check yourself, then start again.

At best, equally as good over the duration.

Next.

Are assists still a relevant statistic for wingers/midfielders anymore? Chances created? Happy cherry picking to you sir.

One career year in assists makes him World class and worth £ 58 million?

Glad you're not my accountant.

Hail.

Distinguish between 'personal influence and impact on team' and 'quality of surrounding cast'; check yourself, then start again.

Next.

Hail.

One career year in assists makes him World class and worth £ 58 million?

Glad you're not my accountant.

Hail.

He's a world class player because he's a world class player. This was the consensus before he moved to United.

Next

Hail.

Just check the facts GHH. Goals record....and assists in the final four games of the season which nailed your boys for the season.

I won't say Next again because you are in avoidance mode.

So I will move on.

Not half as much as you completely missing the point again.

Hail.

you said calendar year and decided to weigh the first 3 matches of this season more than the first half of 2014. I think I am completley clear what the point is, you just want to find a way to say Sterling has been the best premiership player in 2014 in any way, shape, or form.. You showed that by stating that Yaya has been anonymous this season (which again, is 3 games deep). Edited by JoeWolf990