Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

My two cents? They were always a proud club.  A lot like us.  Not well liked in their own country for reasons away from the game, etc... I told many of you that my Spanish teacher in high school was Catalunyan and he taught us Catalan as well as Castillian (typical spanish) but he also explained the differences in the culture.  Being a dude who usually roots for (and now professionally fights for) the underdog, I adopted them as my second team then and there.  Lots of similarities to Liverpool where my grandparents grew up.

Then Ronaldinho chose them in the early 2000s and changes that.  Then Messi.  They Neymar.  Then they... stopped... and you know what?  It was Neymar.  He's always been a spoiled child and he's always been a prima donna.  He was the one who kept Phil out of the Brasilian team for so long, too.  Folks who closely follow the Brasilian futbol politics know exactly what I'm talking about.  But I'm sure Neymar stuck his nose up at Barca signing any intimidating to him young talent and now the cupboard is bare and everyone else is getting old.  And he ****ed them on the way out with this PSG move which is why Barca is acting like a scorned high school cheerleader.

Barca will get it back together, but they're always going to be an up and down club.  They've just happened to enjoy several years of up and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

i'll defer to you knowledge of the politics behind it all, as I haven't read up on it enough to have an opinion on it one way or the other

the main complaint from the ones I follow was the neglect of their academy.  They seem to believe the talent at that level has been horribly mishandled

• Like 1

I really want to write something on these mad Reds returning where that UEFA Badge of Distinction on their left arm decrees they should be. But I'm too goosed to. 

I'll just say to that young Nagelsmann fella' ..... VERY harsh lesson learned tonight la. If yers gonna' go spouting off utter ****e about Anfield, one of the most famous and feared arenas in this competition, be prepared to feel her FULL fury like so many before you have. If yers gonna' question these Reds, make sure you can back it up. Otherwise, F-off the Europa League with yer tail FIRMLY between yer legs. 

Roll on tomorrow tea-times draw. Certain places I don't want to go for personal safety reasons but on the park we'll take anyone. ' ..... Barcelona, Real Madrid, Who the F yer trying to kid ....'

And now we're back where we belong, sort these frigging signings out FSG! There can be NO excuses the next week for that now!

Hail. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I probably watched that goal 20 times last night.  Absolutely played them off the park didn't we?  Brilliant performance from the players, fans, and the city.

Phil has to be watching that wondering where he fits in doesn't he?

Hopefully NOW we can get a player or two in.  It's desperately needed.

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i'll defer to you knowledge of the politics behind it all, as I haven't read up on it enough to have an opinion on it one way or the other

the main complaint from the ones I follow was the neglect of their academy.  They seem to believe the talent at that level has been horribly mishandled

Yeah I think we're saying the same thing, only I'm giving the reason.  Neymar always wants to be the prodigy in the room.  Its why Barca didn't buy a lot of youth after they bought him, they bought finished products.  It's why RARELY did anyone younger than Neymar or even the same age as him get Brasil caps until recently. 

Frustrating cause Phil should've been getting capped with the big Brasil back in 2014 and he was only getting b and c team call ups.

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Yeah I think we're saying the same thing, only I'm giving the reason.  Neymar always wants to be the prodigy in the room.  Its why Barca didn't buy a lot of youth after they bought him, they bought finished products.  It's why RARELY did anyone younger than Neymar or even the same age as him get Brasil caps until recently. 

Frustrating cause Phil should've been getting capped with the big Brasil back in 2014 and he was only getting b and c team call ups.

• Like 2

According to Le Parisien Monaco and the evil empire have finally reached an agreement about Mbappé: €150 mil + a player.

Edit: Franklin Mala: "It's a real madness and they only do it for a reason, to **** Barça"

"And I notice that Franklin warns that the PSG has come into contact with Nice to put pressure on the midfielder of Côte d'Ivoire.

Now the PSG makes pressure on the club to take the player, it's crazy. They just want to do it to **** Barça."

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Ok. After the very uninspiring League Cup draw of Leicester away (twice in 4 days. Oh what ****ing joy), it's finally here!  'Holiday Lottery Day.' One of the maddest and most exciting days of the year.

In order of preference each group, I think I'd like:

Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Monaco, Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk, Spartak Moscow, Juve
Pot 2: FC Porto, Atlético Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PSG
Pot 4: RB Leipzig, Maribor, Sporting Lisbon, Qarabag, APOEL Nicosia, Celtic, Feyenoord, CSKA Moscow

*Obviously couldn't draw Munich and Leipzig, or two Spanish sides etc.

Gonna' be REAL hard to get a bad draw there. Could well do without Donetsk, Moscow and Juve pot 1. Pot 2 is just utterly brilliant. PSG might well be moody but it's Paris. Be made up with whoever from those 6 teams. And outside of Moscow again and the head cases of Feyenoord (think I'd defo stay Amsterdam and train it in) pot 4 looks great. Even Celtic has good options to either go there and back in a day and save on holidays or stay Edinburgh and get the train across. Azerbejein be a trek but at least the Visas's are dead cheap. Nicosia is in the Northern section of Cyprus the UN advises Westerners don't go so that could be a bit mad for a footie game but I think that's more Political advice than anything else. 

Roll on around half 5 tonight and let's get this thing rolling. Gonna' be great knowing the first two teams in each group before pot 3 gets pulled.

Champions League footie and breaks away in Europe. Just can't beat it! 

Hail. 

*Edit* I'm downgrading Qarabag to behind Celtic and Nicosia pot 4 looking at options. Flights are a pricey ****.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

G translated Emmanuel Petit interview

"Strongly criticized for his behavior after the departure of Neymar for Paris Saint-Germain, FC Barcelona has seen its image seriously scampered in recent days. And it is not the recent statements of Emmanuel Petit, who passed through Catalonia during the 2000-2001 season, who will arrange the affairs of the Blaugrana.

"Barça is the watering sprinkler, and if there is a club that does not respect the contracts, it is Barça, I have witnessed it, I have experienced it personally. It was still twenty years ago, when I see that there are other players who have left the club, and not the least, boys like Eto'o and recently Neymar ... You think that The myth of FC Barcelona, it takes a hell of a blow, "launched the 1998 world champion on RMC.

"In my day, you were asked to sign three contracts: a contract with the club, a contract with FC Barcelona and a contract with a FC Barcelona entity in a tax haven, so all the players who were caught in Tax problems, it already existed twenty-five years ago, but it was imposed on you in addition, so I imagine that the players who got caught in the last two years, I think that the clubs impose That to the players, "continued the Frenchman.

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

CL do-your-own draw thing:

https://draw.inker.fun/#/cl/gs

Ended up with Madrid, Porto and Leipzig. If that happened in reality later I'd be made up.

Hail. 

I got Spartak, Sevilla, and Leipzig. 

I know you'd prefer to stay away from Moscow, but that group looks like a sure advance to the knockout.

• Like 1

I stuck my face in this thread a couple times - followed La Liga (rather Barcelona/Real) past year.

Started playing FIFA 17 and understood just about all he names in this thread... Firmino and Can were packed early in my FUT time and Firmino is a FIFA beast... just recently packed Mane and Salah (post transfer) -- just about everyone online used Coutinho so I never wanted to use him. 

Either way -- that's a pretty decent string of attackers to throw on goal....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I got Spartak, Sevilla, and Leipzig. 

I know you'd prefer to stay away from Moscow, but that group looks like a sure advance to the knockout.

Defo. And two out of 3 aint' bad! 

:ols: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=956166094547457&id=365076723656400&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fwww.JOE.co.uk%2Fvideos%2F956166094547457%2F&_rdr

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ok, I'll take being in any of these groups in this order please

Group H Madrid/ Dortmund.
Group B Munich/ PSG.
Group G Monaco/ Porto.

Hail. 

For he travel or to get out of the group stage?