Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Absolutely made up with Chambo. (Working on this. 'The Ox' is that wool even the Ev turned it down!). 

Allways really liked him and I personally think he's been criminally under/ poorly utilised by Wenger. The lads had EIGHT different positions for Pete's sake. WB? WTF was THAT all about? Perfect skill set for what we run. Rapid. Two footed. Technically sound and a very quick thinking player. And just turned 24 so not even near entering his prime. If anyone can get the best out of a vibrant young attacking player it's Klopp. And what faith he has in him to give him a SIX-year contract! Adds quality depth that upgrades in a multitude of positions. Excellent addition to the squad with all the extra games. 

1 down. 2 to go. With a load of talk as I type that Monaco have allowed Lemar to have his medical tonight so the details of the structure of the third bid can carry on being thrashed out uninterrupted first thing in the morning. And then onto the REAL biggie ..... Let's see how strong Southampton REALLY are when the bid goes in!

Sounds mad but I'm scared to go to sleep right now. And I'm pretty sure I need to take a sickie tomorrow. Normally hate transfer windows. Like a kid at Chrimbo the end of this one!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sounds mad but I'm scared to go to sleep right now. And I'm pretty sure I need to take a sickie tomorrow. Normally hate transfer windows. Like a kid at Chrimbo the end of this one!

Hail. 

My plane ride home has been pushed three times already so I'm here to see it all.  I know the feeling, I feel as soon as I fall asleep something will break in France over Lemar.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman, 

The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez! 

What a time to be alive! 

Q3lIKox9_bigger.jpg

Dominic King
@DominicKing_DM
·4m

Away from transfer window, important news for Joe Gomez. He is the New England Under-21 captain, he found out today at St George's Park 

Aidy Boothroyd says Gomez is "A really good sort, exactly what you'd want as a captain". Gomez is "delighted" Story now on @MailSport

10:31 pm · 30 Aug 2017 from Liverpool, England

Hail. 

*Edit* @DC9 GOD DAMN IT JUNIOR! You know I have first dibs on ALL Joe news! :angry:

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Haha 1

Buckle up Reds. This is fixing to be the deadline day of ALL deadline days! 

DIghaZMXkA4zTBk?format=jpg

And, bar any totally surprising, bat **** stupid turning down of our money from Southampton, you can all thank me later for telling you the past 4 months van Dijk was only ever gonna' sign for one club! 

Just saying like. :P

Hail. 

• Like 1

Very interesting pod from the Annie Wrap late last night with The Times excellent journalist Jonathan Northcroft, in his car on his way home from some press award gig in Manchester, talking in the main about Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

(Unfortunately, unless you're a subscriber, it's behind the pay wall: https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/08/taw-special-jonathan-northcroft-talks-liverpool-transfers-oxlade-chamberlain-van-dijk/).

It was interesting in so much as Northcroft was saying he was made aware back in Jan/ Feb of this year that Oxlade-Chamberlain wanted a fresh challenge and out of Arsenal, and he's preference was L'pool as his next career move having seen what Klopp had done for a host of talented players like Lallana in bringing them to their full potential. Then as soon as L'pool became interested not long after, his mind was made up. 

So Arsenal never had much of any chance of keeping him. And Chelsea or anyone else never had much of any chance of swaying him to go to them as this is all about development and fulfilling his potential for Alex at the best place under the best manager he see's above any financial gain. 

Interesting that Jonathan also forsee's, through players he speaks to, that being more a more a factor in players thinking going forward being as they're already paid a Kings ransom now (for example Alex making £6 million a year over 5 years at Anfield. What's another £2 million a year at Arsenal. Or 3 or 4 at Chelsea?), that career development and the right club on the pitch for them will become more and more a factor over just going to a club that can pay the highest wages. Which would level a lot at the very top end from a certain few clubs who can spend more World wide on salary than anyone else. 

I hope he writes a piece on that going forward because it's an interesting thing to consider as players outlooks change now they're maxing out on what they can earn before it just becomes pure greed. 

But it's great in the instance of Oxlade-Chamberlian to know Klopp yet again is the defining factor of a player wanting to come here over far greater financial reward elsewhere. Along with it being real refreshing he's turned down far higher salary offers to try better himself and develop into the top player he feels his talents deserve where he'll get the increased salary down the line if he achieves that aim.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Gents,

Welcome to deadline day "DC9 is never going to make it back to the US" edition....

I'd like to start things off with a little diddy from an Arsenal supporter that he'd like to dedicate to Alexis Sanchez... I think we can all agree this is the most important song since Pink Floyd came out with Dark Side of the Moon.

Come on you Redmen!  Lets get business done, today.

• Haha 1

Predict Sanchez to city as the last big move for PL squads.  Leaving Man city with a billion attackers and 2 defenders, both of which are wbs.  The vaunted 2-8 formation...

Disappointed so far with Chelsea's dealings. The iron lady Marina doesn't seem to have an ounce of negotiation in her...it's her way or the highway.  Russians...who knew they could be hard to deal with :angry:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Predict Sanchez to city as the last big move for PL squads.  Leaving Man city with a billion attackers and 2 defenders, both of which are wbs.  The vaunted 2-8 formation...

Disappointed so far with Chelsea's dealings. The iron lady Marina doesn't seem to have an ounce of negotiation in her...it's her way or the highway.  Russians...who knew they could be hard to deal with :angry:

You're going to predict this after it's already being reported a fee of 55 plus 5 has been agreed?

You're bolder than giant rock, Jasper. :ols:

I don't Understand not having a backup plan to VVD. I guess Joe 'The Living Legend' will play more of his natural position once Clyne gets fit. I don't trust Klavan. He is way too inconsistent and not nearly athletic enough.