Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Massively frustrating night. More or less completely dominate the game against a Sevilla side nottin' like what we faced Basle. Self-inflicted mistakes undo the hard work. Just frustrating and adds more pressure Moscow now. (And get on the flare fired the ref that game. Spartak get F for that.).

Thought Gomez had another good game. Messed up the goal like, which started with Can ****ting out the edge the box and then Lovren completely leaving his man unmarked the 6-yard box. But overall he was composed in defence and supported the attack great. Even the sending off was little in it far as I could see looking across. Karius far more composed and dominating. Great, quick distribution too which lead to some great counters. Mo and Sadio superb as ever. Along with Gini who played well. Even Alby had a decent game. And frigging Bobby puts away the peno H/T the games killed off. That word again. Frustrating. 

Henderson might as well not been on the pitch along with Can and I just can't be arsed with Lovrens repeated, boneheaded, costly mistakes now. It just is what it is. Least we can now bid without fear of sanctions van Dijk January. And that's what a month off work does for her huh Phil? Come back utter ****e. Embarrassing he got cheered on like a returning hero after how he's behaved and **** all over everyone.. And he was straight down the tunnel the end without acknowledging the crowd. I wouldn't even play him Sat'day Burnley. Leave it to next Tuesday and the indignation the League Cup to really ram the message home. The little rat. ****e subs too. WTF is Alex '
sposed to do with 3 mins to go? Needed on much sooner.

Not a bad result in terms the group. Get something Moscow and then the back-to-backs Maribor and see where we stand the 
return Seville. Just frustrating that yet again L'pool found a way to cost themselves without the opposition having to do much of anything.

Absolutely boss 
couple of new big banners BTW the bottom the Kop before the game. Three separate ones of Rafa, Paisley and Fagan with their respective European Cups. The one of Smokin Joe the deck chair Rome feet up with arl big ears is a belter.

Up the brilliant but F frustrating Reds!

Hail. 

*Edit* There's two of the three boss new 'Managers with their European Cups' banners from the Spion Kop 1906 lads:-

DJoPOqBW4AALb2I.jpg DJoOwipX0AAHTb3.jpg

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I aren't arsed about conceding goals. We always will by the very nature of the chances we take going forward. That's footie and people forget the other team is trying as hard to score as you are.

But I just want a competent defence that doesn't gift the opposition goals yer know? That's not asking for much is it? Don't have to be World beaters. Just reliable lads that will do the basics. They get beat fair and square then fair ****s. You can accept that. But to completely dominate supposedly the second best team the group and have it all undone with two shocking pieces of defending just frustrates the living piss out of you. Sevilla didn't even have to work to create their two openings. We handed them to them on a plate.

Just ..... Frustrating. Again.

Hail. 

Getting far to familiar this. Completely dominate a match, create scoring chances at will, net a couple, then watch the opponent net their only chances to tie. Frustrating is right.

Can't keep sending Can and Henderson out their in midfield, they both looked **** for most of the play. Their one or two good moments are overshadowed by their 6-10 **** ups. Time for Ox and Phil to get more run.

Again I have issue with Klopp waiting so long to get fresh legs on. Couldn't believe Robertson didn't come on early for Alby, and he almost got pegged the second yellow with about 15-20 left. Would have liked to see Phil on earlier also.

That said, get 4 the next two away, should not be a problem advancing.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Sad 1

You know it's gonna' be a fun, boss day when Evertonians, those masters of Champions League football (oh yeah, my bad. They've never actually qualified for the competition proper), try skitting you over drawing with Sevilla. 

A Sevilla team you've, 2 boneheaded defensive mistakes aside, taken to the cleaners for the rest of the game. A Sevilla team who were the 4th best team in La Liga last year. And are currently unbeaten and sat in 3rd this season. Whilst ranking 6th on UEFA's coefficient list. And given the other group game ended up 1-1, as utterly frustrating as it was, it wasn't a bad point in group play by any means. 

God love Blues. They can always be relied on to perk your day up no end with their base hilarity of delusions. 

Hail. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

SUCH fun actually following your team to places like Eastern Europe. Sighs:-

The dickhead Spartak fans with the flare: https://mobile.twitter.com/stuffIfc/status/908084039281766401

Some of the carnage in Maribor last night: https://mobile.twitter.com/stuffIfc/status/908081657978253312

Hail. 

Wonder what UEFA's response will be. At some point you've got to ban Russia and their idiot thugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boss feature from Premier League World this week on Sky/ BT etc on the absolute phenomenal success of TAW the past 6 years or so that's just rewritten the book and blown every other fan content out of the water. 

For Reds (and come to that any footie fan given the number of different fans/ club journo's/ players etc from around the Country across the divisions on various shows every week), not a better £5 a month for top class LFC content could you spend. Right from the heart of the City, for the City, with passionate, match going lads who don't B/S on anything. Good or bad. Because if you did, in this City, yer mates would soon skit 
yer to F , tell you straight and pull yers straight back down to Earth with a bang. 

Hail. 

Hopefully not another false dawn but made up to see Jordan Ibe getting all the headlines this AM after a super cameo off the bench last night in Bournemouth's first win of the year. 

You all but forget he's still a footballer so much as he fallen off a cliff the last few years. Like so many before and doubtless so many still to come, SO frustrating when he's so much natural God-given talent that's just completely wasting away. Don't know if it's an attitude thing or a confidence thing but hopefully, he takes from last night and begins to rebuild it. Still only 21 so it's not like a good career isn't still all there for him. 

Not holding my breath but just nice to see a decent lad get the limelight once again.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Four straight home clean sheets the league. Which is now 7 in the last 10 league games period. And the fewest league goals conceded in a 38 game rolling spell for 4 years I believe ..... But all the pundits and reactionary sections of the fanbase don't want to talk about the positives with the steady improvement in our defensive record (by no means perfect and still a lot of work to be done but that can't be denied) and would rather go WAY over the top in criticism after last Saturday's City anomaly. A complete 'non-event' game in relation as soon as Sadio walked ( against the worst possible side in the league to be down to 10 against) to the game L'pool we're dominating in most every statistical aspect except the scoreline to that point. 

Not unduly worried about Burnley this avvi. Yeah, they've picked up two excellent results in London thus far but their overall record on their travels since returning to the top flight is beyond woeful. And they're currently on a 9 game losing streak at Anfield in all competitions scoring just one and conceding 20. Be very disappointed and no less surprised if that doesn't continue today. 

Taking our chances and killing the game off was equally as big an issue as the brainfart's defensively Sevilla and needs to be rectified today. If for nothing else after last Saturday, we need to start turning the goal difference back into the positive. Currently a very dull, grey day. And Burnley doesn't exactly get the juices flowing. (not least when you've woken up feeling as sick as I have. Ugh!). But we need to play our part and get behind the Redmen from the off and not sit on our hands moaning and groaning as many sadly now do in run of the mill Anfield games. You pay enough for the experience. Enjoy it to the max. And the only thing stopping you doing that is you!

Respect Burnley. Work as hard as them. And our far better quality should win out all things being equal. 3-0.

Up the Rebound Reds

Hail. 

• Like 1

After yet another game of heavy rotation I think that's definitive that's the way forward for him this year now the squads the strongest it's been in living memory. If there's one thing that apparently scared the living piss out of him it's the injuries and drop off in quality last year that was SO costly: 

DJ2N4g3XcAE-euL.png

Nice to see Robbo get his second game. The rotation of Trent and Joe makes sense. As does Klaven's strength to deal with Wood this week. Just nuts to play him against City's pace last Sat'day. Having the quality of a fully healthy Daniel Sturridge to step off the bench is fantastic. And as for that little prick in the 10 shirt ...... You ****ing owe us MASSIVELY Phil! Start it here. Today. 

Real strong bench to select from too if needed. 

Nice to be in the position of squad strength to be able to rotate in confidence. 

Let's celebrate these 125 years in style Redmen! And give me something to feel better on as I lay dying the couch all spewed out haha. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Very good half that should of lead to leading halftime. 

Excellent all over the park up to being just a little more clinical and sharper in front of goal. Burnley score from their only real attack of the half completely against the run of play. Arfield should never have been left unmarked the edge the box. But an immediate hit back from Mo. Dyche being Dyche with at least 7 back all times and just playing for free kicks. Which they've dealt with well. 

Keep working at this tempo Reds. Get the second and these will crack. Just need to be clinical and kill them off.

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinInsite said:

It's borderline criminal not having bought a defender, one injury to Matip and we are up **** Creek.

No worries. Big Dutchman coming January. Just gotta stay in touch till then.

Matip needs to grow a pair. Guy his size should not be getting bullied like he does.

Big question of the day: Will Palace EVER score?

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Heres hoping Everton can get back on track tomorrow. Its not even so much the loses that have been hard, I can handle the losses. We have just been so mind numbingly boring to watch I just want to fall asleep. Hopefully we get this corrected.

Im okay with losing to United if we show some good play, just dont look like you are jogging the whole time with no urgency or creativity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Heres hoping Everton can get back on track tomorrow. Its not even so much the loses that have been hard, I can handle the losses. We have just been so mind numbingly boring to watch I just want to fall asleep. Hopefully we get this corrected.

Im okay with losing to United if we show some good play, just dont look like you are jogging the whole time with no urgency or creativity.

You seriously don't want to know what I've had to listen to from narking Blues all week on Koeman. 

The general consensus being they want Unsworth in charge and youth promoted! 

Hail. 

• Like 1