Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Which is now 7 clean sheets the last 9 league games period which I'm sure is a real surprising eye opener to many. Still a lot of work to be done there, regardless of any imminent van Dijk arrival or not, but things are moving in an upward direction. 

Not buying a word of Klopp saying Mignolet is the clear #1 and will start City FWIW. You don't 'rest' goalies. Let alone 5 games into the season. He's had WAY worse 5 game spells and not been under any pressure. Real interesting to see if he's still here Friday morning. 

Mixed return for Karius. Although he had next to nottin' to do, he still managed to create the only panic Arsenal had all game. Twice over by bizarrely thinking he had all day on the ball in the fastest, most frenetic league in World footie! Thankfully, he did learn from that and was clearing the ball a lot quicker first time the longer the game went. What was ridiculous was the amount of absolute dickheads shouting 'Get rid knobhead!' or the like every time it was near him. Like how is that supposed to help any players confidence? Let alone a young 'keeper brought back in from nowhere in a top game for the first time in 7 months? You despair at the logic of some 'fans' today. Loved his willingness to come off his line and punch the ball clear. Very noticeable the difference in both his starting position and distribution to Mignolet. 

But to then leave him out the side after the break City would be detrimental IMHO. You're either going all in and starting the Karius era to see where it leads or you aren't. You can't half arse with the goalkeeping situation.

Liverpool make club-record bid for Arsenal target Thomas Lemar | Goal.com

Interesting. Mel reporting we aren't in for the Munich lad but have bid for Lemar. Not sure I'd give up on Divock so soon like, as badly as he's regressed the past year. Gonna' be a mad 4 days. 

Guess they're using the Keita money there?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

According to l'équipe (info to be taken with a grain of salt) LFC is offering €72 mil + €8 mil in bonuses for Lemar !

Beware he's injury prone during the last 2 seasons : 42 days 15/16 (ankle), 20 days ankle again and 14 days hamstring 16/17

Mbappé out Jovetic in (to replace Germain), Monaco still looking for a striker.

jkxFjmt.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How good is Lemar from a French perspective @FrFan ?

Everything you read and watch suggests he's perfect for Klopp to take to the next level but I honestly know next to nottin' about him. 

Hail.

He's very good, he's versatile, can play 10 and on the left side. He has great chemistry with Mendy and Mbappé, question is can he get this kind of chemistry in Klopp's system ? He needs a poacher up front. As I mentioned before beware of the injuries and most of Monaco's players has been disapointments elsewhere.

The talent is definitely there, he has ceiling, but will he fit in another system ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Arsenal look like relegation fodder.  Arsene won't get past December at this rate 

I'm still trying to figure out why he hasn't been fired ? Maybe he's got compromising files, sextapes, against the owner  :silly:

Not been a bad summer to be from the red half, eh, boys?

Be judgemental all you want, this is getting it over the line just as much as having him this year.

Would still love Lemar and of course a CB.

Get in there Jurgen you big ****ing pimp!  Get the **** in there!!!!!

YNWA, boys! 

I'm also leaving the desert tomorrow so this couldn't be going any better.  What a ****ing day!

• Like 1

Just now, DC9 said:

Not been a bad summer to be from the red half, eh, boys?

Be judgemental all you want, this is getting it over the line just as much as having him this year.

Would still love Lemar and of course a CB.

Get in there Jurgen you big ****ing pimp!  Get the **** in there!!!!!

YNWA, boys! 

I'm also leaving the desert tomorrow so this couldn't be going any better.  What a ****ing day!

We've got Keita!

Do I need to send out medical assistance for your heart junior?

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OH **** YA'LL DIDN'T EVEN POST IT YET???

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We've got Keita!

Do I need to send out medical assistance for your heart junior?

Hail. 

I'm sat here packed with all of my **** ready to fly out tomorrow... then I get facebook up and The Redmen TV notification says "LFC sign Naby...." and my ****ing heart stopped.  So I click on the video and pull twitter at the same time and I can't believe it.

I literally was just checking on Lemar like 15 minutes ago, bro!

This is great!!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

OH **** YA'LL DIDN'T EVEN POST IT YET???

I'm sat here packed with all of my **** ready to fly out tomorrow... then I get facebook up and The Redmen TV notification says "LFC sign Naby...." and my ****ing heart stopped.  So I click on the video and pull twitter at the same time and I can't believe it.

I literally was just checking on Lemar like 15 minutes ago, bro!

This is great!!!

There's been a rumour last night and this morning he'd be having a medical the Spire today. But as L'pool os the single worst City for rumours I held off.  Now, EVERYONE has it .....

Lemar 2nd bid over £60 million. van Dijk to come. What a F-ing time to be alive!

Presume Phil will go now like if we're bringing in both Lemar and Keita?

If we round out this window with Keita, Lemar and van Dijk ......

TOWN! FOR LIFE!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Why are they doing a medical now if he is going to join next summer?  

43 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I'm still trying to figure out why he hasn't been fired ? Maybe he's got compromising files, sextapes, against the owner  :silly:

Yes when he signed the two year contract it was very very strange.  Now with Alexis, Ox, and Ozil all on the final year of their contracts...he's in big trouble if he doesn't turn the ship around.  Maybe he should just resign, do everyone a favor.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

DIUpgnRXUAAv6Ht?format=jpg&name=small

Oh yeah ..... FSG OUT!

Hail. 

Just waiting on John W. Henry to pull up my tweet saying I'd get his initials tatted on my leg if he signed Naby this window.  Unfortunately for me I wasn't more specific than that lol

39 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Stick around for one more year Phil, we'll get Pulisic next window and you can be off the Catalonia.

By then it'll be a downgrade move... if it isn't already.

We have the better manager, better ground, better facilities, better academy, better squad strength.

They have aging players on massive wages.  Reminds me of the 92 Redskins where we were handing out "Thanks for giving us 3 Super Bowls," money to all of Joe's 30 somethings...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DC9 said:

I know he was your favourit lil' bro' and it hurts, but after this Phil can go **** himself! 

He's there today, with the Brazilian doctors, being passed fully fit for the Internationals. After the gutless little ****house faked injury and took himself out of two monstrous games that could have rendered the hard work of last season utterly pointless.

I can't think of any Liverpool player in recent memory that's done anything as potentially damaging to the club as that. 

I'm personally through with the gutless little ****e whether he stays or goes this year. 

Hail. 

• Like 1