Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ok, frigging Moscow aside, made up with Seville and Maribor. 

Maribor be an absolutely brilliant trip and cheap. And Seville, is Seville. 

Two out of three aint' bad. L'pool and Seville would qualify there you'd think.

Would have loved Group's G, H or B in that order. But made up with Maribor and Seville. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Liverpool and ManU waltz to the knockout stage.  Come on Jose, complain about matching for me just so I can get even angrier.

At name value Group H is hardest and C is second.  Outside of those groups it should be pretty straightforward for everyone else.  

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ok, frigging Moscow aside, made up with Seville and Maribor. 

Maribor be an absolutely brilliant trip and cheap. And Seville, is Seville. 

Two out of three aint' bad. L'pool and Seville would qualify there you'd think.

Would have loved Group's G, H or B in that order. But made up with Maribor and Seville. 

Hail. 

I know you're not happy about going to Moscow, but there'll be plenty of beautiful blondes happy to take your money, strip you naked, and leave you for dead...so, you got THAT going for ya!

Hit two of three on the predictor...Midas touch. Should be a walk into the knockouts, which means more money, and prestige to bring in transfers. I'm happy myself.

Dont know anything about Maribor, but after an online look, seems a gorgeous little city, with lots of history. Have fun, just wish I could join ya!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I know you're not happy about going to Moscow, but there'll be plenty of beautiful blondes happy to take your money, strip you naked, and leave you for dead...so, you got THAT going for ya!

Hit two of three on the predictor...Midas touch. Should be a walk into the knockouts, which means more money, and prestige to bring in transfers. I'm happy myself.

Dont know anything about Maribor, but after an online look, seems a gorgeous little city, with lots of history. Have fun, just wish I could join ya!

You know what's now utterly ****e about Moscow? And this has to be read, and read again to be believed .....

We play Spartak the Tuesday. Utd play CSKA he Wednesday. Liverpool and Utd. No more volatile a combination in World football. In, of all places, Moscow. Over two different nights. Travelling the same routes. Travelling the same airports. As if watching your back from brain dead Russina groks wasn't bad enough, they'll now be Utd mooching round. All in Moscow. The single worst place to be at the best of times. The logic of UEFA and the two clubs here beggars belief. 

Got Maribor and Seville booked up already on two great looking trips for a brilliant price on both. But done nottin' with Moscow as yet. Real apprehensive about that one. 

If I did do it, I suppose going out Sunday/ Monday would be a day or two before most Utd lads would travel. And we'd be coming home the Wednesday when they play. So there'd only really be the Tuesday to worry about. But when you're travelling the same routes to the same place, it's inevitable paths are gonna' cross at some point. And it only takes one dickhead .....

Hail. 

*Edit* Could really do with Utd paying the Visa fee again for their lads too IF I decide to go out. 

Anything that shames L'pool into doing the same (and considering there wouldn't be many went Moscow it wouldn't cost them anything) would be more than welcome. 

I can't believe Martinez is calling up Eden for international duty.  The nerve of this guy.  Gets him injured then calls him up for games against the mighty greece and gibraltar without consent from Chelsea.  If you can't beat Greece and Gibraltar without Eden then do you really deserve a job, Martinez?  He hasn't played competitively in months...if he plays a full 90 I'm going to lose it.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Wow, what a first goal for Gylfi in the Everton shirt.

Been a big source of discussion in work this AM and we still haven't come to a consensus. 

I'd still side with him stretching to not lose possession there and just getting the perfect connection on a hit and hope at goal. But regardless, it turned into a great and vitally important goal which is all that counts. 

And what an absolutely brilliant Europa League draw it's lead to. Lyon, Begamo and Limassol. You'd want Cyprus first whilst it's still hot but that's three great trips. I'd be bouncing around now having pulled them. 

Seriously, anyone that knocks the Europa League hasn't got a clue.

Hail. 

*Edit* Every reason to think both clubs will still be playing European footie come the Spring the way those groups have come out. 

• Like 1

Awwwww, don't yer heart just bleed for him? Poor fella'. 

Prick.

Southampton are gonna' make us wait until the end of the deadline for van Dijk

Fascinated to see who else they have lined up after Klopp's comments earlier. We've never really gone the last day of the summer window before since this way came in. Fixing to be a whole new mad experience.  

Hail. 

• Like 1

if phil does travel and play for brazil during the int'l break, **** him.  if he truly wants to be off the 'pool CL roster so that he can play for Barca as a January transfer, **** him.  take the £140m and run away from a bad situation.  problem is who would they spend that $$ on that will help the team this season?  as Barca and Liverpool have found (as both a buying and a resisting club), other clubs don't want to sell their stars, even for obscene fees.

(if the reports are true) part of me wants FSG/Klopp to keep Phil and let him rot for the season if he doesn't buck up and act like a professional on the training ground. 

interesting article here that i read a couple days ago... https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/08/philippe-coutinho-fsg-and-game-theory/

• Like 2

Personally, be made up if there's any truth in this:

Always really liked him and with all the attributes he brings to the table, I think he's tailor made for Klopp to maximise those talents. Perfect fit that would cover a lot. 

Whether there's any truth in it remains to be seen but this hasn't gone away all summer so there is that.

Hail. 

City escape again!  Arguably most talent in the pl for the second straight year and if they keep playing like this it's a man united runaway.  I think they'll pull it together soon enough...they have to right?  

@Gibbs Hog Heaven rumors are that the ox isn't happy playing wingback.  Which, is surprising to me given it's  probably where he plays best.  When he plays as a winger or central midfielder he doesn't contribute nearly enough.  So far he's turned down massive wage offer from arsenal, more probably than Liverpool or Chelsea even would pay. If he goes, it's gotta be a deadline deal day because I don't see clubs budging on his wage demands...

On 8/25/2017 at 9:31 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Been a big source of discussion in work this AM and we still haven't come to a consensus. 

I'd still side with him stretching to not lose possession there and just getting the perfect connection on a hit and hope at goal. But regardless, it turned into a great and vitally important goal which is all that counts. 

And what an absolutely brilliant Europa League draw it's lead to. Lyon, Begamo and Limassol. You'd want Cyprus first whilst it's still hot but that's three great trips. I'd be bouncing around now having pulled them. 

Seriously, anyone that knocks the Europa League hasn't got a clue.

Hail. 

*Edit* Every reason to think both clubs will still be playing European footie come the Spring the way those groups have come out. 

Im sure it was intentional, just watching how he approached it and hit it and watched it, no doubt in my mind. Combination of skill to hit it right and of course luck to get the power and direction just right worked out. I think that if he were to try 99 times out of 100, or maybe even 199 times out of 200, it probably wouldnt be very close. He said that he figured that keeper would be out so he would have a go, so basically he just had a guess and a go.

Excited to get past this stretch and into the group stage, its a tough group but should make for some good games. If we make it through the group we should be well tested for the next stage. Fixtures are going to be flying in fast and furious, hopefully we can bring in another player or two. Specifically another striker.

End of a pretty rough week today, 3 away games in a week. Will be very tough, hopefully with the injuries we have already our depth will show.

Edited by MisterPinstripe