Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

What the **** does "Register interest," even mean?

****ing make an offer or don't.

For me, I'd like Pulisic/Luan and the Ivorian.  Never heard of him or seen him play, but he can fog the mirror and play football.

I'm with ya. If they can get €150 for Phil, they should be able to snag those 3 PLUS VVD for only about €50-60 more. That would be a little over €100 outlay, and a far strengthened team, though you would lose your only true world class player. But, you would only use €100 of the €200 you were supposed to have on hand, and should be well positioned to make the run at Keita next summer, or even January if Leipzig wants the $$ sooner;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Barrett just telling us about Klopp playing 'inuendo bingo' with the girl journalist last night. 

Our manager is ****ing boss. And wherever you go Germany he's Universly loved. 

Hail. 

That was great on twitter.  The "First time," question?

Give Tony my love, and hopefully the youngins who are trolling him on twitter aren't getting to him.  He disappeared for a year that before getting this role with the club and I'm glad to see he's doing better.

• Like 1

What struck me most about yesterday's match against Hoffenheim was the Reds poor passing and touch, especially in the midfield. Without Coutinho and Lallana, the ball moves far too slowly, and they struggle to build an attack. Now I know why Klopp has been so keen to add a midfielder.

Henderson (along with Alby) had a second straight clunker. Hendo overran or missed tackle after tackle, and played some terribly passive balls that put his defense under undue pressure. Can't have that from your #6. Can continues to make one smile, and then cry, all within the space of a few minutes. He is the antithesis of consistency.

Gini was solid, much better than Saturday, but you know what you're getting with him...solid, not spectacular. We need some spectacular.

Now, if Mundo Deportivo reports are true, Phil is going to refuse to play? Losing all respect for him if this is true. I'd like to say "**** him! Let him sit in the stands all year, and jeopardize his chances to play in 2018 WC," but the money he would bring could help find some creative midfielders to help out. Give me Pulisic, Seri, and Keita in exchange, thank you.

Then there's the saga of the big Dutchman, and Southampton saying he will not be sold this window....we'll see...

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You more thinking of Evans there?

Hail. 

Yeah I did kind of combine them didn't I?  My apologies.

We had an R&B group over here in the late 80's/early 90's called Tony, Tone, Toni or some **** like that. 

• Like 1

Good article on the Men in Blazers and their appearance Wednesday at the British Embassy in DC

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/08/18/men-in-blazers-soccer-podcast-british-embassy/

Full Disclosure I was there in a packed room, 3 rows from them, watching them pod live. Afterwards I walked 1 and a half miles south to Teddy and the Bully Bar in Dupont Circle for the after party. Met both of them and they are good people. 

• Like 1

So the breakdown of Barcelona's third offer has to be seen to be believed .....

£82.1 million guaranteed with a further £36.5 million in add-ons ......

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liverpool-reject-record-118m-bid-from-barcelona-for-philippe-coutinho-93bpqjv0n

Derisory doesn't even begin to describe that. Piss taking ****s. You've just got over £200 million up front from PSG. You're desperate at the end of a window. And you come back with an insulting offer like that. 

And man alive if I'm Coutinho, having been swayed by them to put in a transfer request and been left looking a fool, I'm now thinking 'do these even seriously want me when they're low balling to SUCH an extent?' 

Honestly, the way that club conducts its business is every bit as bad as Madrid who we rightly rip all the time.

Don't even bother coming back unless it's with a grown up offer. Unbelievable.

Hail. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

£82.1 million guaranteed with a further £36.5 million in add-ons ......

The facts on the offer are disputed by differing reports, although under 100mil guaranteed seems correct. 

Its low ball, no doubt. Can't blame them though, the player wants to move so right now they won't give a **** what anyone else thinks. 

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

good god, barca, you're supposed to be a world class club as barca fans have rammed into my ears the past 5 years

this is no reflection on whether they are a world class club or not, to be honest. It's a difficult transfer situation, dirty play is the order of the day.

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

good god, barca, you're supposed to be a world class club as barca fans have rammed into my ears the past 5 years

47 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

this is no reflection on whether they are a world class club or not, to be honest. It's a difficult transfer situation, dirty play is the order of the day.

The writing has been on the wall for Barca for the last few years, obviously reaching their apex a few years back with the treble.  The entire team is aging, and messi's decline (albeit he will still be top 2 in the world) will be more rapid than Ronaldo's, I bet.  

The real move for Coutinho either comes very late in this window or more likely next summer, when iniesta is on his last last last last last legs.  I feel like I say he's on his last legs every year tho...

• Like 1