Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The Germany loss wasn't that surprising, Silvia Neid was the best coach in WoSo so her replacement has a tough hill to climb. Also, I'll forgive Ellis for experimenting in a non-competition year (no, the artificial tournaments US Soccer uses to raise money don't count).

51 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

How about 90m, plus add ons up to 120?  

That's what ESPN reports

After Barca just putting €222 mill in their coffers, can't see FSG and Klopp letting him go for less than €150 mill.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

Oh I agree anyone Barca wants to buy is now going to be very inflated due to that neymar transfer.  I think Coutinho could do really well at Barca, he's a perfect fit for them.  I think the time they really come in and try to take him is next year, when iniesta is gone.   

• Like 1

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge talks in SPORTBILD about the 222 million transfer from Neymar to Paris. "In the course of the Neymar commitment, I once asked myself what was more important: Neymar or an alliance arena?" Says Rummenigge: "I have to say that the Allianz Arena is more and more important to us. The Neymar transfer in the total volume was even more expensive. " Link

Karl-Heinz, move on, don't be a sour grape, in 2010 you had the chance to sign Neymar for €24 mil, you passed arguing that the price was too expensive for a 17 years old gem ! What goes around comes around

14 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

I wonder how Pogba feels that Fellaini pretty much have taken over his position.

DGvY_-4XgAAA-5a.jpg

Edited by FrFan

On 8/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, SkinssRvA said:

I know you don't like Chelsea, nothing too wrong with that!  We can always agree on skins. You and ghh and fanboy and long n left and all the others, all good dudes and know the game.  you've just got it wrong as far as pl squads go moving forward :)

solanke is so young and raw. He is a promising player no doubt, but with a long way to go. He's also a bit of a head case, if that means anything. Not overly rapid or technical, but a knack for goal. One decisive move and make your play, that's his game. Pool need a top number 9 before they can convince me they are title contenders. 

last thought: I practice here in Richmond all the time. I'm not young anymore,  but I'm disciplined. Anyway, I went out this afternoon and there was a group of young kids training, teenagers probably. Looked like a tryout to me given the numbers and method of separation. I was taken aback by the lack of skill and actual coaching going on. I didn't interrupt. These kids are learning nonsense I saw them repeatedly stop flow of the game and lose possession without being taught the correct way to progress. It's not the best example being here in richmond, but travel squads/academies have a long way to go.

@RichmondRedskin88 see me on the pitch, bro!  

I'm actually in training for the new season. I can't speak for other clubs but ours is all about tactics. We got South Americans running our club system here. And it shows since we have multiple clubs in different leagues and all have a championship very recent.  I'm sure there's plenty that aren't as organized though despite us having the Kickers and Strikers here.

1124196d1502279433t-liverpool-thread-wes

Bollocks ..... That's just not right!

aren't naive enough to not know we have to have one but that's a complete joke from the PL. Tacky doesn't begin to describe it. It'll be like frigging RL or F1 soon with little space covered. 

The simple, working class game I grew up and fell in love with is getting further and further away from me with each passing season. Outside of XI a-aside, the pitch markings, ref and lino, who aren't even called that anymore, the game is completely unrecognisable. 

Changed game. And in many ways, not for the better.

Hail. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 5:02 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

ANYTHING to stop the opposition. Because they can. 

6U53INn6_bigger.jpg
Derek Rae @RaeComm

Kicker reporting Bayern are eyeing Dortmund's renowned talent spotter Sven Mislintat. Would be a coup. Mislintat has served BvB 10 years.

Hail. 

We just lost our scouter. Dortmund and Monaco have the best scouters in the world. You go for the best if you have the ability.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/09/u-s-treasury-sanctions-mexican-soccer-star-rafa-marquez-for-ties-to-drug-trafficking/?utm_term=.265a452bbfe7

U.S. Treasury sanctions Mexican soccer star Rafa Marquez for ties to drug trafficking

The U.S. Treasury announced Wednesday that it was sanctioning Rafa Marquez, along with 20 other people, for providing support to a Mexican drug trafficking organization with ties to a pair of major cartels. Marquez, 38, is a longtime captain of Mexico’s national soccer team and is viewed as one of the greatest defensive players in the country’s history.

The Treasury alleged that Marquez (full name: Rafael Marquez Alvarez) and a popular Mexican singer named Julion Alvarez “have acted as front persons” for an organization headed by Raul Flores Hernandez. Assets of theirs held in the United States or controlled by Americans have been frozen, and they and the 19 others could face civil penalties of over $1 million or criminal penalties for violations of the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act, also known as the Kingpin Act.

The announcement was the result of what the agency called a multiyear investigation undertaken by its Office of Foreign Assets Control in coordination with the Drug Enforcement Administration, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Mexican government. “This action marks the largest single Kingpin Act action against a Mexican drug cartel network that OFAC has designated,” the Treasury said.

(more at link)

• Like 1