Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

56 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

I can't backtrack when the evidence is in the thread tbf. Prediction made in 2014 so I said 2014 :)

I'm talking about winners and specifically Spurs.  That's who you've been on the last couple.

The league was ****e that year, too.  This year it'll be much better.

Saw the Team store at Anfield was taking down Coutinho posters off the glass.  So late in the window I'm going to go ahead and wish him herpes square in the center of his ass hole.

22 minutes ago, FrFan said:

And it might not be enough for the evil empire as they are rumored to try to sign Oblak for €60 mil !

It is believed that Qatar has paid for Neymar buy-out fee and that he will serve as an ambassador for the WC ! :ols:

One of my superiors over here is a French PSG, fan.  He's the only one in the world who was so insistent all summer long that PSG were going to get Neymar over the line.  I went from laughing at him to his face to him asking for Coutinho updates every hour or so.  I suppose I deserve it.

I have been trying to sell him Origi, it's almost worked out.  He hates Lucas Moura so we're just working out the add ons in the swap.

Also, I was in Qatar recently and it was 130 degrees.  I understand they want to play this thing in the winter, but for ****'s sake....

• Like 2

31 goal opening weekend. Over 3 a game. 

It may not be the best league in the World. (Although the more top notch talent comes in, the more it's rapidly pushing back up there toward that position.). But man alive is it by far and away the most exciting. All played out at a phenomenal pace with some superb quality. 

No wonder the PL is the most watched on the planet. 

LONG may this open, free scoring start continue!

Hail. 

Just reading Hoffenheim scored more set piece goals than any other side in Germany last year. Oh. What. JOY! :angry:.

Interestingly, this is Hoffenheim's first ever European game in their 118-year history. That really surprised me. Figured they'd of had a UEFA Cup tie at least along the way. They are probably the toughest unseeded side we could have drawn and we're the toughest seeded side they could have drawn. So it was already the tie of the last qualifying round before the side stories of Firmino going back to his previous club/ Klopp back in Germany against their uber young manager/ two out and out attacking footballing sides which should lead to a tremendous tie et all. 

Probably the biggest game TSV Hoffenheim has ever played and the anticipation and excitement over there for the 5 times European Champions in town is off the charts by all accounts with the stadium completely selling out within two hours of going on sale. 

Really looking forward to it. Not least getting to experience rail seating up close to see just what it's like. (Granted, the seats will be down for a European game but still.). They don't actually play in Hoffenheim either but in a little town called Sinsheim. (Hoffenheim's a little municipal village of Sinsheim.). Been a tricky one to organise, mainly because of it still being in peak holiday season but settled on flying from Manchester into Düsseldorf further up then taking what looks a gorgeous couple of hours or so train journey down the Rhine to another real pretty looking place Heidelberg. Which is around 13 miles outside of Sinsheim and having a couple of nights there. Dotted around all over this trip with mates flying into both Frankfurt and Stuttgart. 

It was good to get up and running Sat'day Watford but the season really starts now.

European trips. Can't beat them.  (Or you can be the younger, dumber one who always manages to do the uncool thing, miss out, and break Jürgen's heart. Again. But I'm not one to gossip. @DC9 ).

Hail. 

• Like 2

Good God this Madrid side is scary good. 

Might be a good idea to avoid them the groups fellas. :ols:

4 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Liverpool might get 140 million if they play their cards right, Dortmund 160 million.

Then go get Keita and Pulisic! And someone that can defend a ****ing corner! 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4787112/DIEGO-COSTA-INTERVIEW-Chelsea-striker-talks-Sportsmail.html

Chelsea have treated me like a criminal... I refuse to train with the reserves and could see out my contract unpaid and alone in Brazil

• Costa was texted by Antonio Conte, telling him his Chelsea career was over 
  • Costa admits his former manager Jose Mourinho called him to say good luck
  • He accuses Conte of lacking charisma, of being cold and distant with his players
  • He says he will never delete the text and feels he has been treated like a 'criminal'

Brutal. Will Conte make it to Christmas?

• Like 1

What the **** does "Register interest," even mean?

****ing make an offer or don't.

For me, I'd like Pulisic/Luan and the Ivorian.  Never heard of him or seen him play, but he can fog the mirror and play football.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Diego is being exactly what he has always been: a menace.  The man has never settled in England and since the day he came has been angling for a move back to Atletico.  For him to come out with this "woe is me," victim piece is beyond garbage.  He made his bed in January, and now has to lie in it.  I'm happy to let him rot in Brazil for the rest of his contract, see how he likes it.  Time for an avi change.  

27 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I think it means "we'll take a short raincheck until the Barca check for Coutinho clears".

**** that check clearing... what happened to the 200 million pound war chest Jurgy was having this summer?

Two weeks left in the window for FSG to save themselves.  If not it's a call to arms for the supporters.

• Like 2