Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

36 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

The writing has been on the wall for Barca for the last few years. 

I agree.

My point is the Liverpool boys are in here moaning about how Barca are conducting themselves in the transfer market.......that's a touch hypocritical to be fair when you can't sign academy players after tapping 11 year olds juniors up and more recently get backed off a VVD transfer (for now....) due to tapping up again..

Gloves are off in transfer business so they're all as bad as each other these days.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The facts on the offer are disputed by differing reports, although under 100mil guaranteed seems correct. 

Its low ball, no doubt. Can't blame them though, the player wants to move so right now they won't give a **** what anyone else thinks. 

If Joyce has it as that take it as accurate. He's as reliable as they come on L'pool. 

They might not give a **** but they're not coming close to signing either Coutinho or Dembele with such derisory offers.

Hail. 

• Like 2

I don't normally watch games back, but I've just watched back the Hoffenheim game being as we left the ground literally just before Milner's deflected goal. (There's a 10/15 minute walk the train from the ground and there was a train back to Heidelberg 10 mins after the final whistle. Or else the next one was an hour later and twice as long so it made sense to do a dusty early and be back the ale Heidelberg early rather than being stuck in Sinsheim, as picturesque a little village as it is, where's there's next to nottin' there.). 

What a great European away performance that was when you watch it back. 

Knowing little about Hoffenheim, you're lead to believe before the game that they're a great attacking threat lead by a tactically brilliant up and coming young coach who were a serious threat at home where they'd not lost for over 15 months. Coupled with talking the press lads through the afternoon saying they'd watched them training and they were a team of giants the air just practising dead ball scenarios all had you a little nervous for what looked a tough qualifier.

Well Nagelsmann showed his inexperience and naivety by crazily setting up playing 3 at the back with SUCH a high line. Which was almost in our half. Not too clever at all when L'pool have two really, REALLY fast lads wide who were left in acres of space all night. That scoreline could have been anything in L'pool's favour. 6/7- 2/3 wouldn't have looked out of place given all the chances. And that includes the piss poor penalty they had in a first half they created little else through whilst L'pool weren't great. Second half the way we controlled the game and saw it out to what would have been a clean sheet bar the ironic mistake from the otherwise brilliant Trent on the night was real pleasing to see. 

Someone, who like Hoffenheim will think they can go toe-to-toe with these Reds and go at them, will take a real walloping from this side the groups. Really expecting a big away win on our travels the CL this year. So unlike watching Rafa's sides the CL where we last had real success the big tourney. Rafa Tuesday, we don't concede but we probably don't create much either. This side had chance after chance away in Europe all game. Similar to the way they shocked Munich and battered them. Completely mad polar opposite to old-school European footie. 

BTW, rail seating is fantastic. The seats were down being a UEFA game, but you could lock them up which many did. But even with them down, there's still bags of room to stand in front of your seat. Unlike our grounds where you're banging your ankles the back the seat in front of kneeing the fella in front of you. The Germans have got this boxed off perfectly. 

I don't know if we'll ever get back to that stage in this Country but I'm even more an advocate of rail seating/ safe standing now having experienced it first hand. 

Now to continue in the same vein tomorrow and give a woeful Palace side the doing we've owed them for a few years now at Anfield

Up the Homecoming Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 3

"We have contact with him about our employees and their supervisors, but this does not change the current situation, we have a clear position and a clear vision He will be transferred this summer, otherwise he will stay with us, it's easy. " Dortmund Sport Director Michael Zorc

Arrogance, disrespect, ingratitude, a future bust imo.

Dortmund has a 12 years old gem Youssoufa Moukoko who just scored twice vs SG Unterrath with Dortmund U17

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I agree.

My point is the Liverpool boys are in here moaning about how Barca are conducting themselves in the transfer market.......that's a touch hypocritical to be fair when you can't sign academy players after tapping 11 year olds juniors up and more recently get backed off a VVD transfer (for now....) due to tapping up again..

Gloves are off in transfer business so they're all as bad as each other these days.

No one is getting what they want out of this transfer market.  Everton buys up all of the middle shelf whiskey and won't shut up about it... City plan on running the old' Brendan Rodgers 7-3-0 formation from the League Cup a few years ago and more power to them.

It's been difficult for teams trying to move for players to improve their 11.

I also think if we had already signed VVD and Keita that Phil would've been gone two weeks ago.

The one thing that Barca are doing according to Mellisa Reddy is that they're telling Phil that they won't come back for him next summer.  "This is it, it's now or never," and they can **** right off with that an hour before the deadline ends.

Today's performance was very mature.  Henderson all these years later is still not a Liverpool player, let alone a Captain.  I thought Klavan was very good.  MOTM for me was Joe Gomez and Mane.  Gomez was very mature and even calming at times.  He was delightful to watch.  Salah completely changed the game when he came on.

We could do with signing Draxler to get depth out there.  Draxler and Kent... we could do a lot worse.

• Like 2

Well that was a weird game. 

Didn't feel like we played too well. Particularly first half. But then you think Hennesey made 5 or 6 top draw saves and on another day you're coming away with a 6 or 7- 0 win. Very professional, patient 1-0 win with all the changes after the European game which is mighty encouraging. (Might be wrong but I don't remember our league win ratio being that great after a Euro away even under Rafa?). The most comfortable we've handedled Palace and Benteke at home in a good few years. They barely had a kick. (Just looking at the stats as I type and I didn't realise we dominated to SUCH an extent. 13 on target to Palaces 1. Along with dominating most every other category. Weird game as I said.). 

First half all about patience. Got to admit I was a bit narked the team selection soon as that came through before the game. But ironically defensively it played out perfectly. Klaven was completely assured in his best outing in a long while. Everything Lovren's not been the first two games. Gomez grew steadily back into a composed display his first PL start for over a year. And after that debut from Robbo, if Alby Moreno plays Wednesday I'mma be WELL pissed. Great game and his delivery is superb. So great to now have two FB's, he and Trent, who can really cross a ball and add to the attack. Dominated the play without creating too much whilst restricting Palace to next to nottin'.

Second half the chances came and we saw the game out great again. The change of Wijnaldum (the only poor player today but no worries there. We know how integral he was last year and just what he brings) for Solanke summed up what we're all about. That basically flipped us from the 4-3-3/ 4-3-2-1 of the first half to a 4-2-4 all out attack the second with his introduction. Real unlucky not to bag his first goal. Keep on saying it but the kids a natural striker who's gonna' be scoring the PL sooner rather than later. Chelsea, again, WTF were you thinking? The flowing interchange of the front 4 from then on out was a joy to see. Particularly against Palace who basically sat with 7 back at all times. Something we supposedly can't breakdown. Sturridge did well but Solanke completely changed it. And then there's Salah coming on and interchanging with Sadio (who again, is our most important player. For all Phil's been talked up that way the last few weeks. He may be our best. But Mané's the most important player in what we run), completely perplexing Palace on who to pick up. And I didn't think Sadio was that great today. With Firmino as workaholic and invaluable to the team ethic as ever without scoring. 

Great when you change a few things and put a side out like that, dominate to such an extent, and still have a bench as strong as that was when you're bringing on the likes of Salah and not needing to have the likes of Can stripped off. 

Very, very pleasing win off the back of an excellent European win through the week. Utterly dominant, professional 1-0 without ever feeling like it was utterly dominant. Weird game. 

Up the Grown Up Reds! 

Hail. 

• Like 2