Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Great win for Chelsea that. I think they'll be fine. Enough quality in that team to get by before Hazard comes back. Probably need 1/2 signings to be sure. Conte is a brilliant manager. 

5 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Pochettino continues to show why he is not a coach capable of winning trophies or the league.

Very harsh. Not sure what you'd have against Pochettino. Doing an unbelievable job with limited resources compared to the other big teams in the division. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

How about his players routinely lose their composure and lack the mental discipline to win big games

Poch is a good tactician for sure, no doubt about it. But as a leader of men I'm not so sure. We've seen it plenty of times, but none more noticeable than when they've played Chelsea over the years. And today they should have had two sent off, dier is a dirty dirty player.  All their players lose their minds and resort to thuggish behavior. 

Conte has shown me a lot, conversely. Second half last week and then again today...that's leading men. The squad is thin, or we are down 2 men...doesn't matter you play with 100% and he demands it. 

Last thought on todays game: Kante is I think some sort of machine. I've never seen anyone with so much energy, and his ability to break up play is really an amazing thing to watch. 

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Excellent description. Great to see huh?

Hail. 

It was.  Still nervy in the mixture on set pieces, but a grown up effort.  Penetrated when we needed to, held the ball up, completely dictated the play and that's what you want to see. 

On Wednesday night.  Time to do your thing, big brother... give them our famous noise.

10 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

How about his players routinely lose their composure and lack the mental discipline to win big games?

I'm sure Barca will beclown themselves again soon.

If Barca and Liverpool were people and not clubs, Barca would've been fired for sexual harrassment at that "You have til Sunday night to let me know if you want this dick," ****.

Miss me with that.

11 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Oh what a game Marcos Alonso!  Who needs Sandro when we've got alonsoooooo.

eat it spuds, lucky not to have two sent off.  Hope your woes at wembley continue indefinitely 

I told you Alonso was your best player from the summer and it wasn't even close.  He was brilliant all preseason and he's a killer.

• Like 1

Against modern day football example 99008:

The EFL Cup third-round draw will take place in Beijing, China on Thursday - at 04:15 BST.

The seven Premier League sides playing in Europe will be among the 32 clubs in the draw, including last season's winners Manchester United.

Previous draws for the competition have been beset by problems - including teams being drawn out twice and confusion around home and away ties.

The 16 fixtures will be played in the week commencing 18 September.

The English Football League apologised for an issue with the graphics that accompanied their live stream of the first-round draw - which took place in Thailand - when Charlton accidently appeared in two ties and Forest Green Rovers were listed as playing Wolves when they had been drawn against MK Dons.

Following the second-round draw, the EFL was forced to clarify which teams were playing at home in four of the ties, after mistakes during the live announcement.

This is the first season of a three-year naming rights deal for the EFL Cup - formerly the League Cup - with Carabao, a Thai energy drink.

Hail. 

• Like 1