Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Players really want to play under Jürgen and genuinely be a part of what he's building here. 

People think it trite, but, said it since we made our biggest signing in many a year, the day he arrived, he's a great leveller against more money and supposedly more 'glamorous' clubs. This lad being a prime example. One of the most coveted young midfielders in Europe, who could have had his pick of clubs, and top money, next summer but he's chosen to commit early. Why I've nver had any doubt on van Dijk at any point since I was told before the Middlesbrough last game that he didn't want to play under anyone else.

Welcome Naby. Go have a great year in the Bundesliga developing further and we'll see you next summer. 

f05lWx-v_bigger.jpg
Melissa Reddy @MelissaReddy_

Naby Keita is "delighted" to become "part of a project that excites me greatly." He will "remain an interested supporter from a distance.”

Hail. 
Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

I dont recall seeing deals like this pop up the past, where a transfer is agreed to for a year later. Did I just not notice before? Its interesting... I guess the point of it is for the buying club to get dibs and not have to worry and also makes the player happy as opposed to just being told no?

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I dont recall seeing deals like this pop up the past, where a transfer is agreed to for a year later. Did I just not notice before? Its interesting... I guess the point of it is for the buying club to get Dibs and not have to worry and also makes the player happy as opposed to just being told no?

Real has signed 16 years old Vinicius Junior, he'll play in July 2018

Still can't believe how utterly brilliant Edwards has done this Keita deal. 

Not a penny paid this summer to allow us to go bag Lemar and van Dijk. 

Fee widely being quoted around the £55 million mark which already makes it the best signing of next summers window at an absolute bargain price in the current market. 

With the club and manager no longer having any trust in Coutinho after his latest piss take in Brazil, and seemingly ready to take the whopping €160 million to pay for Naby next summer, Edwards for his first window is ending up playing an absolute blinder.

Hail. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Dortmund going all in on Pulisic. Their wing depth is looking shallow now.

Putting a lot of pressure on the youngin.  Mor is a tidy player.

Hopefully Jurgen can get Pulisic next summer.

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that's awkward.

_VTNza_0_bigger.jpeg

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david

Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC

11:57 pm · 29 Aug 2017

Hail. 

Tell them the north remembers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Melissa Reddy @MelissaReddy_

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain joins the 'wants to line up under Jürgen Klopp' queue #LFC #Arsenal #CFC

(Half) Joking aside there:

Keita turning down his chance to name his price and more than likely pick his club next Window. (And Barca this.). 

van Dijk telling Chelsea, City, Juve and everyone else to do one. 

Lemar said to be real eager to join. 

Now Oxlade-Chamberlian turning down considerably more money at both Arsenal and the current English Champions. 

When was the last time L'pool where a major transfer player that top players wanted to come to over (perceived) more glamorous options with better financial rewards? Probably going back to Rafa but then he was never backed by the bungling two-some. 

God bless that signing we made back in October 2015 of that mad German fella'. It all stems from him.

Exciting times. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

In among the transfer madness by far the most important news from a selfish POV: 

Man United to cover visa costs for fans for Moscow trip | Daily Mail Online

Over to you to follow suit L'pool! Get it sorted SOS!

Hail. 

Thats pretty cool of United. Obviously not all clubs do this sort of thing, but you see this type of thing for fans of clubs that would never happen in the US. Im thinking specifically of the NFL and NBA and such. These are massive clubs but it gives more of a feel of a small hometown club.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

Just now, Long n Left said:

Just got a blast, no link, on my ScoreMobile, that Ox is in the fold. £40 million and you've got your wish...you're a Red!

Yeah his medical is at St James' park, this evening. 

Still in for Lemar according to Mel, as well.

I'll take both.  Ox will be immense off the bench.  Jurgen will make him Fairclough-esque book it.

• Like 1