Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Rovers about ready to sign CB Shane Duffy from Everton, apparently.  Don't know anything about the lad, but from what I've read it seems like a good signing.  Interesting considering Bowyer asked the owners for money recently and they turned him down. 

We'll have to look into the loan market again to bolster the squad.  Fans seem to want Michael Keane back, but I don't think LVG is going to allow it.

Also just loaned out ST Jordan Slew to Port Vale.  Sorry, Liverpool, you missed out on another of our strikers. 

And speaking of the 'Pool, we got a young keeper in Ryan Crump I hear.  Sounds like he's going to play for the U21 squad.  Any word on him Reds fans?

And finally, In Rovers news, it seems the Rhodes rumors are dead.  Steve Bruce is miffed, but I don't care.  :P

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 1

What's the biggest match you've been to?

Take your pick from the European Cup Finals of '84, '85 (for all the wrong reasons), '05 and '07. 

There's NO football game in the World bigger than the Champions League final, so it would have to be one of them. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Istanbul hands down. You couldn't of hand scripted that whole occasion any better if you tried. The euphoria of Liverpool's first European Cup final in 20 years. Over FIFTY frigging THOUSAND reds making the journey not only to Turkey, but to another freaking Continent as many of us landed in the Asian side. (Support only maybe United could of matched World wide.). Completely dead and buried 3 down at half time against one of the best defenses of all time. Stunned silence. Text messages going berserk as Everton friends lapped it up. Then those glorious, glorious 6 minutes and it's suddenly 3-3. **** like that just NEVER happens against one of the great Italian sides. But it did. Greatest Champions League final ever. # 5 and ours to keep forever. 

I could go on and on about that and honestly, if I never saw another game of football in my life I could die happy off the memories of May 25, 2005. This football club will doubtless be in more European finals, It's what we do. But you'll NEVER top how that night by the Bosphorus played out. We went through every possible human emotion 10 times over and then some. 

The single greatest night of my life. 

I don't care who you support, sit down and watch this for an hour and tell me you don't feel utterly drained and inspired by Scouse belief that the imposible is NEVER the imposible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lZxQRFqY4

Hail. 

I don't care who you support, sit down and watch this for an hour and tell me you don't feel utterly drained and inspired by Scouse belief that the imposible is NEVER the imposible!

One of my favorite docs on LFC ever.  But my favorite part, aside of the comeback, is the boy at the end who just walks out there and celebrates with the team... because why not? :lol:

Latest rumor: according to Sport Mediaset an agreement had been reached between Monaco and Real Madrid for Falcao on a €20 millions loan, plus an option for final transfer. The Italian media says that this would push KB to the evil empire (PSG). Sport Mediaset evokes a discussion between President Nasser Al-Khelaïfi and Florentino Perez on the sidelines of the draw for the Champions League with picture support.

:lol:

Part of being a goalkeeper is having a short memory and a thick skin. Your going to make mistakes - even the very very best make the odd howler - and they invariably cost a goal. Once it's done it's done - you can't dwell on it. Same with being on the end of a hiding, got to keep your chin up play hard to the end and just control what you can control yourself.

Chalk it up to experience and roll on.

That's exactly what we've done, it stung badly, but we know why and I swallowed that pill.

He is loving the Select team that he's playing on, and he is actually playing with the #8 in the photo who played against him in the blow out.

We know he is a good keeper.

He knows he's a good keeper, the Select team is allowing him to excell without getting pounded.

I still think the junior varsity team is good for him, but I need to keep perspective...he's 12 playing against kids four years older.

On the subject of our kids my youngest is off to the Man City Academy in two weeks - he's about to turn 9 and is also a goalkeeper. He's been invited down for an assessment to see if they want to offer him a place in their main academy in the U9's set up.

Very awesome!!!! Keep us updated!!!

Looks like Agger is going back home. Some might not agree with me on how good he was for Liverpool, but all will agree that he loved this club. He will always be one of my favorites. It was probably time for him to step aside, but I wish they would have made the move in the preseason so he could have received the thanks from the Kop that he deserves. As he proudly displays on his knuckles, he will never walk alone.

Looks like Agger is going back home. Some might not agree with me on how good he was for Liverpool, but all will agree that he loved this club. He will always be one of my favorites. It was probably time for him to step aside, but I wish they would have made the move in the preseason so he could have received the thanks from the Kop that he deserves. As he proudly displays on his knuckles, he will never walk alone.

Nice and deserved words.

Sadly, as classy as Danny was on and off the park, he could never stay fit and his form the last few years suffered as a consequence. Said a few years back when City came in with £ 20 million we should of snapped their hands off to friends disdain. Now we end up getting little over a 6th of that. Surprised nobody else took a gamble but maybe the low fee was a good will move on our part for his years to allow him to go back home to his club.

Happy all things considered to get him off the wage bill. This should be Skrtels last season too bar a fantastic campaign from him. (I'd be bedding in Lovren and Sakho already but what do I know?).

Jack Robinson went to QPR as well this week and immediately got loaned out to Huddersfield. Another good departure. He was neither strong enough nor good enough for the highest level. Should have a decent career though. All the best to him.

Great to see Ibe go on loan to what now appears to be our affiliate club Derby. This year will seve him well in his development and we can assess again next summer.

Looks like Song has gone West Ham. Bugger. So we're stuck with frigging Lucas another year.

Oh yeah, 4 games and counting .....

Louis van Gaal is a Football GENIUS!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2