Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Unfortunately I am on 45% scouse....

How scouse are you? Click the link to find out

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/lifestyle/how-scouse-you-take-scouseometer-6555993

PS....I only understood about half the questions, I may need GHH to explain them to me...

Well Hell.

I'm only 95% Scouse. I blame me Ma for coming from Yorkshire. Black sheep of the family that one.

Hail.

Some Dnipro winger is the 'big signing' you asked about lil' bro. Ukrainian Yevhen Konoplanka.

Who ever the heck he is. We're in the Ukrain in talks as I type.

Oh, I got an answer to my question today. Biggest home derby won since 1972.

Hail.

I was just thinking we didn't have enough blondes on the side...

That'll be an interesting dynamic.  Those guys play pretty good defense... I wonder if he can play for Cissokho.

That would also leave it for Sterling to move inside.

Any word on Jose?

Well Hell.

I'm only 95% Scouse. I blame me Ma for coming from Yorkshire. Black sheep of the family that one.

Hail.

Huh... I was 95% as well.

I wonder if I answered the question for the Ladies wrong... :lol:

Nice story about an Everton supporter that even GHH will end up liking:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/everton-fan-gets-ll-never-walk-alone-tattoo-141517115--sow.html

Everton fan gets ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ tattoo for charity

ynwa.jpg

(facebook.com/weareteamgeorge)

The Merseyside derby is known as the "friendly derby," but the kinship between Liverpool and Everton doesn't usually extend to fans getting tattoos paying tribute to their rivals. Die-hard Toffees supporter Matty Bowman, however, has had "You'll Never Walk Alone" tattooed across his back to help raise money for a young boy with a very rare illness. <more at link>

Hope we won't need him to feature.  Rhodes and Gestede look like a good pairing.  I'm hoping this Dabo lad will solve some  of our midfield issues.

Yeah Varney can play on the left aswell if needed. Definitely better off upfront though. He's a decent squad player to have anyway. Would have preferred if he stayed in Leeds if I'm honest. Ross McCormack is getting zero help upfront lately and is living off of scraps and once again its looking like a transfer market of virtually no activity. Story of my LUFC life. 

Arsenal draws with Southhampton and the critics are out in full force with bs.

Chelsea draws with West Ham and you won't hear a peep....

My favorite part about the draw was when the super duper special one complained about West Ham being too defensive...

Did Spurs REALLY just offer $3 million more than us for the Ukrainian as Ian Ayre is en route to sign him?

I swear to God the rest of the league uses us as scouts...

My favorite part about the draw was when the super duper special one complained about West Ham being too defensive...

Did he REALLY, now?

That's hilarious...

Arsenal draws with Southhampton and the critics are out in full force with bs.

Chelsea draws with West Ham and you won't hear a peep....

It's not just the critics. Malcontent Gooners everywhere are taking to twitter in force to register their dismay. Calm down, it's a draw in January. 

Yeah Varney can play on the left aswell if needed. Definitely better off upfront though. He's a decent squad player to have anyway. Would have preferred if he stayed in Leeds if I'm honest. Ross McCormack is getting zero help upfront lately and is living off of scraps and once again its looking like a transfer market of virtually no activity. Story of my LUFC life. 

It's good to have guys who can play multiple spots.  Now the team's not sure how bad off Ben Marshall's ankle is so I could see Varney out on the wing potentially.   If we could get Tom Cairney to move into central midfield instead of out right it would be a benefit to the squad.  We've got two defensive minded mids in Jason Lowe and Lee Williamson who don't really compliment each other very well and they're constants on the roster sheet. 

I think we've done ok in this transfer window so far.  Bowyer's done a decent job, just needs to learn to not sit back and take pressure when we have a one goal lead.

Edited by Old Bay

Lots of butt slaps going on around in here.

Been meaning to drop this in here for awhile:

That journey south is like 8 times, 9 times a year tops most of the time.

And it's only cause we can't get cream puffs with jelly at a respectable bakery up top.

28-01-2014-GifNumber-113.gif

Aside from brilliant play by Suarez, that's awful defending (even after the turnover). Suarez just ran in a straight line alongside two defenders over 40 yards while maintaining control of the ball, and was able to get a clinical shot at the end.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

Well Hell.

Hail.

The results are in! We reckon you're

100% Scouse

Congratulations! You're as Scouse as Amanda Harrington's eyebrows

I did go with gut instinct on a few though.

Edited by Corcaigh

The results are in! We reckon you're

100% Scouse

Congratulations! You're as Scouse as Amanda Harrington's eyebrows

I did go with gut instinct on a few though.

Well then you are no more Scouse than I at 95%, as I too was a Scouse as Amanda Harrington's eyebrows, lol.

Glad that wasn't a question because I had no idea who that was.  Damn was I missing out.

Aside from brilliant play by Suarez, that's awful defending (even after the turnover). Suarez just ran in a straight line alongside two defenders over 40 yards while maintaining control of the ball, and was able to get a clinical shot at the end.

Yes and no. (IMO) Suarez did well to cut in front of Jagielka and stay in front of him which prevented him from making a play on the ball. As far as the other guy, I have no idea what he was doing.

Nice story about an Everton supporter that even GHH will end up liking:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/everton-fan-gets-ll-never-walk-alone-tattoo-141517115--sow.html

Everton fan gets ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ tattoo for charity

(facebook.com/weareteamgeorge)

The Merseyside derby is known as the "friendly derby," but the kinship between Liverpool and Everton doesn't usually extend to fans getting tattoos paying tribute to their rivals. Die-hard Toffees supporter Matty Bowman, however, has had "You'll Never Walk Alone" tattooed across his back to help raise money for a young boy with a very rare illness. <more at link>

That's Michael Bradley, isnt it?

• Like 1

All Martinez had to do was not play such a high line (Doesn't really take a genius to figure out not to do that against Liverpool) and that game is at least competitive.

Total debacle going on at Leeds.

First we were bought by the only Middle Eastern consortia in the world who did not have much money, then they sold us to a UAE investment bank. That bank has been trying to sell the club for months - a preferred bidder was found in a UK consortia put together by our current MD who is also an employee of the investment bank who own us.

Still with me?

Anyway a price was agreed but then during due diligence the consortia found something which made them try to renegotiate the price. The deal fell apart.

Enter stage left an Italian called Massimo Cellini who owns Cagliari who are a Serie A team. He sacks managers for fun and has a conviction for fraud. It looks like his bid has been accepted and today Leeds sacked our manager Brian McDermott for no apparent reason. The follow up to that is the club sponsor - Enterprise - have cancelled their sponsorship in protest at the sacking and sale to a character like Cellini and are suing the club for the money they paid.

What a mess. A once proud club made a laughing stock and bought and sold like a used car ....

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1

Like the Redskins, except the selling part. Though I wish that would happen.

Leeds last won the 1st Division title (pre Premiership) in 1991, same year as the Redskins won our last Super Bowl. That was a good year for me as a sports fan. Since then, not so much ....

• Like 1