Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well, hopefully its a good game tomorrow. I have to say, I am not very confident right now with all of the injuries we have to major contributors. Mainly Coleman and Barkley, huge losses.

Don't get us started on injuries.

I'm still searching for a way to get out of work two hours early tomorrow.

Any ideas? lol

• Like 1

Claim stomach issues. No one ever questions diarrhea and no one wants you around if you have it...

Haha.  I'm in the Army.  They'll tell me to walk it off.

Apparently North Carolina is in the cross hairs for about 10 inches of snow over the next two days, so I'm rooting for it.

I'd love to be able to watch this one live.

Looks like the Arsenal game will be a TV watch.

They charged 'Spurs £ 62 through £ 123.50 the third round. (Around 104 through 204 bucks.).

Robbing ****ney *****!

Hail.

http://www.7amkickoff.com/2014/emirates-plus-puma-means-arsenal-earn-60m-a-year-on-their-shirts-but-is-it-enough/

A good article with some perspective on Arsenal's ticket prices. Yes, Arsenal-centric perspective, but I think true nonetheless. 

"And Arsenal are keenly aware that the fans are upset over ticket prices but they aren’t looking like they are going to lower prices any time soon. Because the problem is that unlike Chelsea and Man City, Arsenal’s ticket prices aren’t subsidized.

Ticket prices are a reflection of operating costs at Arsenal. That means that player transfers and player salaries are the single biggest driver of Arsenal’s ticket prices. In a quote that will go largely unreported, Gazidis responded to the ticket price question by saying that player costs are the real culprit."

"No matter what great deals these clubs keep getting, the money goes straight into the players and their agents pockets. £30m increased TV revenue? Straight to the players. £30m from Emirates? Straight to the players. £30m from Puma? Let me put it this way: remember when Wenger said that Diego Costa would cost £145m? Costa has a £32m release clause but after taxes, agents fees, and salary, the boss reckoned £145m was Costa’s true price tag. That’s your entire Puma deal in one player. Pretty incredible, except it’s not really all that incredible. It’s just what players cost these days.

And that’s the thing: you have to have the expensive players to compete for trophies, winning trophies means better endorsements, and so on. But you can’t buy the world’s best players and reduce ticket prices at the same time. At least, I don’t think you can. So, it’s ironic that there are fans who demand exactly that: complain that the club has cash on hand and should buy expensive players, then turn around and complain that ticket prices are out of control. You can’t have both."

Edited by Elessar78

Falcao will follow hyperbaric chamber treatment to accelerate his torn ACL healing. He wants to be ready for the WC.

Cabaye signed by PSG it is believed to be a deal around €20 millions + €5 millions in bonuses.

Edited by FrFan

And we thank you. I thoroughly enjoy Herr Ozil. The alternative is to not make enough money to cover our nut or have more money to pay players?

Looks like you're classing it as a Category B game so £ 54. (Around 89 bucks.). Only £ 8 difference from the cheapest top price ( $ 13), but a substantial 'moral' victory for travelling L'pool fans as Arsenal would more than likely of charged the top bracket had we not kicked off over this.

The bunkum about clubs needing ticket money I'll deal with when I have more time.

Today is the biggest day on the calendar. Rather occupied with the ***** from over the park at present.

Hail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10601130/Liverpool-win-battle-for-cheaper-tickets-as-Arsenal-set-to-make-FA-Cup-tie-a-Category-B-fixture.html

Even better! The majority of tickets wil be £ 35!

Game back on! Power to the fans!

Fantastic to see two sets of fans come together to fight the clubs. All credit the SOS and Arsenal fans groups!

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Watching the game on DVR and at the 70th minute I feel pretty confident that this derby is going to the RED side of Merseyside! They looked incredible on attack! Everyone looked great today and Skrtel didn't even give anyone a judo hip throw (not yet anyway). Nice to see Martin Kelly get some run. Lastly, Kevin Mirallas is dirty...

ps.........If Liverpool plays like this, they can beat anyone.

pss........It's time to give Sterling a real number (losing out in Saleh may prove to be the best thing that happens to Liverpool) 

Watching the game on DVR and at the 70th minute I feel pretty confident that this derby is going to the RED side of Merseyside! They looked incredible on attack! Everyone looked great today and Skrtel didn't even give anyone a judo hip throw (not yet anyway). Nice to see Martin Kelly get some run. Lastly, Kevin Mirallas is dirty...

ps.........If Liverpool plays like this, they can beat anyone.

pss........It's time to give Sterling a real number (losing out in Saleh may prove to be the best thing that happens to Liverpool) 

A couple of questions, jobaga:

1)  How did you make it through the day without checking the score?  No way I could've pulled that off.

2)  Speculation is... that FSG doesn't want to spend more than 12 mil (very tops) so they can sell the team (if they make champions league) this summer for a good profit.  Hopefully Danny is in the market at that time.

3)  Coutinho was NIGHT and DAY today.  That's what I was talking about during Bournmouth about BR leaving them in to un**** the funk they've been in.  It worked for one match.

Hopefully the media goes easy on Sturridge.  He was fantastic in this game from the midfield on down... just a bit selfish in the final 3rd.

After he missed that PK he needed to worry about goal difference.

I don't expect to hear much from our other bro, though... maybe sometime tomorrow.