Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

A couple of questions, jobaga:

1)  How did you make it through the day without checking the score?  No way I could've pulled that off.

2)  Speculation is... that FSG doesn't want to spend more than 12 mil (very tops) so they can sell the team (if they make champions league) this summer for a good profit.  Hopefully Danny is in the market at that time.

3)  Coutinho was NIGHT and DAY today.  That's what I was talking about during Bournmouth about BR leaving them in to un**** the funk they've been in.  It worked for one match.

Hopefully the media goes easy on Sturridge.  He was fantastic in this game from the midfield on down... just a bit selfish in the final 3rd.

After he missed that PK he needed to worry about goal difference.

I don't expect to hear much from our other bro, though... maybe sometime tomorrow.

1. It's very difficult, I just try to keep busy

2. I believe FSG are in it for the long haul. They want sustainable success, which means not paying out ridiculous transfer fees when you may have better options in house.

3. Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson were buzzing around the pitch. They all looked fantastic, especially when you factor in Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge they look deadly on attack.

Danny is out in front of it. He accepted responsibility for his actions and apologized to everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaAnWd_bs0E#t=86

I don't expect to hear much from our other bro, though... maybe sometime tomorrow.

'We are Liverpool, Tra la la la .....

Here. Home. Suitably bevied. -:)

Does it get ANY better than that? In my wildest dreams I NEVER envisaged that. MisterP, you were completely and utterly stripped naked by the club who's shadow you will forever be in! And how did it end up only 4? We where trying to work out after the last time we beat the bitters so comprehensively at home. Couple of '80's 3-0's? Certainly never seen 4 past them at Anfield. Biggest Derby win since the 5-0 at Woodison back the early '80's? ( Couple of great Derby songs came out that one but I'll spare MisterP.).

And Arsenal dropped points as the battle for third intensifies.

AWESOME night. And it's gona' be an even better tomorrow. Strange how none of my blue 'friends' will answer my texts. -:)

..... Poetry in Motion Tra la la la .....'

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Well, I'm here to accept my beating. That was a horrible experience. Horrible play. Congrats to Liverpool... Bastids.

I won't kick a man while he is down...I will take a raincheck. The loss is bad enough, but losing Lukaku on top of it is the Everton nightmare scenario.

Well, I'm here to accept my beating. That was a horrible experience. Horrible play. Congrats to Liverpool... Bastids.

It would've been worse if we had our starting back 4.

But Gerrard played a brilliant game as CDM.

Losing Lekaku that early really smarts, too.  The first game you guys kept hitting him with those long passes into the final 3rd.  Not having that didn't hurt because ya'll spent  a lot of time in our final 3rd, but it obviously lacked the physical presence in the penalty area.

I blame it on his hair cut.

ticket price for the Liverpool match was always going to drop.

Not if there'd been no fan pressure it wouldn't.

Arsenal would of gone top category and robbed everyone blind.

Congrats to both Arsenal and Liverpool fans coming together for the good of the game, fighting for the supporters, and forcing two big boys to back track massively in prices.

Those Union dues to the SOS have paid off right there with a 28 note saving.

Fan power!

Hail.

1. It's very difficult, I just try to keep busy

2. I believe FSG are in it for the long haul. They want sustainable success, which means not paying out ridiculous transfer fees when you may have better options in house.

3. Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson were buzzing around the pitch. They all looked fantastic, especially when you factor in Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge they look deadly on attack.

Danny is out in front of it. He accepted responsibility for his actions and apologized to everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaAnWd_bs0E#t=86

I knew we were going to win as soon as that snow storm came through and sent me home from work early.

And I knew it was going to be an epic smiting to boot.

Yeah I watched Sturridge, even gave him an atta boy tweet.  He seems fine.  That was the right thing to do.

I think without Lekaku, Stevie G was allowed to do a lot more in attack.  We'll see if he can still play that way in the coming games.

'We are Liverpool, Tra la la la .....

Here. Home. Suitably bevied. - :)

Does it get ANY better than that? In my wildest dreams I NEVER envisaged that. MisterP, you were completely and utterly stripped naked by the club who's shadow you will forever be in! And how did it end up only 4? We where trying to work out after the last time we beat the bitters so comprehensively at home. Couple of '80's 3-0's? Certainly never seen 4 past them at Anfield. Biggest Derby win since the 5-0 at Woodison back the early '80's? ( Couple of great Derby songs came out that one but I'll spare MisterP.).

Yeah the commentary was all about Sturridge getting the first Darby hat trick since Ian Rush in 82 at Goodison Park.  I can't believe he missed that PK and that last bit he was in on Phillipe was like "I literally can't be more wide open Danny" :lol:

It's all good, though.  Fantastic statement game.

Sometimes you have to remind your little brother that they are out of line with a good ole fashion ass whooping.

BTW, who is this "major signing" BR speaks of?

Am I hearing someone singing "Show me the way to go Home"?

'Show them the way to go home

For we're tired and we wanna' go to bed (For a wank!)

'Cos yer only half a football team

Compared to the boys in Red! Oh, Show them the way to go home ...... '

Old classic. Always liked that one. -:)

Hail.

• Like 1

'Show them the way to go home

For we're tired and we wanna' go to bed (For a wank!)

'Cos yer only half a football team

Compared to the boys in Red! Oh, Show them the way to go home ...... '

Old classic. Always liked that one. - :)

Hail.

Fantastic!

I love that song and I could of sworn I heard it several times.  Never heard the LFC version though.  I dig it. :)

Yeah the commentary was all about Sturridge getting the first Darby hat trick since Ian Rush in 82 at Goodison Park......

Rushie got FOUR that glorious Sunday way back when. Mark Lawrenson got the other. Glenn Keeley got sent off on his Everton Debut and never played again. Kenny scored a brilliant goal also but they disallowed It for a phantom off-side.

I shall be here all night with Derby memory's if anyone needs anything. -:)

Hail.

Rushie got FOUR that glorious Sunday way back when. Mark Lawrenson got the other. Glenn Keeley got sent off on his Everton Debut and never played again. Kenny scored a brilliant goal also but they disallowed It for a phantom off-side.

I shall be here all night with Derby memory's if anyone needs anything. - :)

Hail.

Speaking of offsides, that one on Sturridge after the Stevie goal was phantom.  Didn't end up hurting us though but I had a creeper about this years City match...

Speaking of offsides, that one on Sturridge after the Stevie goal was phantom. Didn't end up hurting us though but I had a creeper about this years City match...

Speaking of Gerrard ......

Tit! Great performance and I love him to death. But an absolute tit for letting Sturridge take the penalty. Screw sentiment! Pile on the agony!

5 would of been multiple orgasm time to the sated state 4 left me in. -:)

Damn you Stevie and your sentiment!

Hail.

Speaking of Gerrard ......

Tit! Great performance and I love him to death. But an absolute tit for letting Sturridge take the penalty. Screw sentiment! Pile on the agony!

5 would of been multiple orgasm time to the sated state 4 left me in. - :)

Damn you Stevie and your sentiment!

Hail.

I agree to an extent.  I was fine with Sturridge taking the PK but after he missed that he needed to go ahead an lay off.

That last rush was a goal.  3 attackers in red vs two attackers in blue and Howard... should've been an easy goal considering it was Sturridge, Coutinho, and Suarez.

That said, Stevie takes pens from here on out, lol.

Oh, on the Salah debacle .....

It reportedly came down to wages. We wouldn't go above a set structure that has reputedly pissed BR off when Chelsea got him for the exact same fee we'd agreed.

Because our squad is SO deep outside the first XI we don't need to pay no stinking wages .....

Hail.

According to Saleh's agent (grab your pinch of salt) they were negotiating with Liverpool for two and a half months and could not reach an agreement! If that's true, something needs to change

According to Saleh's agent (grab your pinch of salt) they were negotiating with Liverpool for two and a half months and could not reach an agreement! If that's true, something needs to change

To thicken the plot Bob Bradley expected him in the BPL within the first week of the window.

So, to GHH and other Liverpool fans here, I have a hypothetical question for you.

Given that the next FA Cup Fixture is away @Arsenal, would you prefer:

1.  A win in FA Cup vs Arsenal AND the you go on to win FA Cup (but end up in 6th place in EPL)

OR

2.  Lose to Arsenal and a guaranteed 4th place in EPL (regardless of other top 3) and place in next year's CL?

Just curious.

Thanks - and hope you can do both, just wanted to ask about priorities.

Nice job vs Everton today, though I feel for Howard (as a US Fan).

Edited by btfoom

So, to GHH and other Liverpool fans here, I have a hypothetical question for you.

1. A win in FA Cup vs Arsenal AND the you go on to win FA Cup (but end up in 6th place in EPL)

OR

2. Lose to Arsenal and a guaranteed 4th place in EPL (regardless of other top 3) and place in next year's CL?

Just curious.

Winning the FA Cuo hands down ANY day of the week over no trophy's and a top 4 finish. Hell, I'd take winning the League Cup over no trophy and a top 4 finish. As a fan, days out at finals never get old and can't be beaten. And this football club is, or at least should, be ALL about winning silverware.

Sadly, as all clubs in today's day and age, ALL that matters is finishing in the top 4 for the Champions League money. That takes priority over EVERYTHING. Even cup success or in most cases challenging for the title. So long as you finish top 4, you've had a good season.

As a fan, give me a final day out and trophy over no trophy and a top 4 finish ANY day of the week.

Hail.

• Like 1

1.  A win in FA Cup vs Arsenal AND the you go on to win FA Cup (but end up in 6th place in EPL)

OR

2.  Lose to Arsenal and a guaranteed 4th place in EPL (regardless of other top 3) and place in next year's CL?

Just curious.

I may have to slightly disagree. It depends upon the success of the club going forward. If the team makes the top 4 and uses the extra money to bring in one or two world class (or just below) players and are in the hunt for the league championship, League Cup and the Champions League, then I would be willing to forgo a year with silverware. I really want Gerrard to win the league and am willing to sacrifice a trophy for that to happen. But, in principle I agree with GHH...just not in this case. 

• Like 1

OR

Just curious.

Yes...

I want both.

:D

YNWA

• Like 1