Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Didn't know Flano was out.  I'd give him about 20 minutes this weekend and then if he shows well he starts the Derby, for me.  Either that or I let Sterling play back there and tell Coutinho to get his head out of his ass.

I told ya'll that BR reads this site :)

Could easily be done to your average Man Utd supporter also..

Yeah, I like how they picked on two Americans.

I laughed to myself a bit.

The things I could do to make those Pro Football Focus Brits look silly. :lol:

All in fun though.

• Like 1

Okay, not a bad showing.  I looked at this as a game to get the attack out of the funk they were in and the interplay was very good.

Finishing needs to be better to beat Tim Howard, though.

Funny how perceptions differ from a live viewing to a TV viewing. 

I thought that was a wretchedly awful game of football. We did enough to get through, which is all that counts in cup football. But it was another averagely poor showing. If I were Bournemouth, I'd be pissed at myself for losing 2 nothing to a real poor Liverpool side. 

Loved the strong starting XI. Hated the poor use of his substitutions. What was the point in bringing Sterling on? Why not Ibe? And why leave Suarez on the full 90 minutes? I get leaving Sturidge on for fitness (fantastic goal and brilliant chip that hit the bar from him BTW); but why risk Luis when the game was over? And why can't the management team see what's patently obvious to a blind man week in, week out and adjust? This time out, Kelly was woefully left exposed. Bournemouth were doubling up on him from the get-go. But there was no help afforded him and no adjustment from BR. Better opposition and we'd of been punished today. 

And congratulations Cissokoh.You may just be an even WORSE player than Djimi Traore. Which is quite an impressive achievement. What's even more unnerving is he has absolutely ZERO concept on defending and that's his main freaking job! God forbid he get's ANYWHERE near the park Tuesday or we are well and truly screwed. 

Good weekend, with the football getting in the way. But a new ground to add to the list and cup progress so there is that. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Funny how perceptions differ from a live viewing to a TV viewing. 

I thought that was a wretchedly awful game of football. We did enough to get through, which is all that counts in cup football. But it was another averagely poor showing. If I were Bournemouth, I'd be pissed at myself for losing 2 nothing to a real poor Liverpool side. 

Loved the strong starting XI. Hated the poor use of his substitutions. What was the point in bringing Sterling on? Why not Ibe? And why leave Suarez on the full 90 minutes? I get leaving Sturidge on for fitness (fantastic goal and brilliant chip that hit the bar from him BTW); but why risk Luis when the game was over? And why can't the management team see what's patently obvious to a blind man week in, week out and adjust? This time out, Kelly was woefully left exposed. Bournemouth were doubling up on him from the get-go. But there was no help afforded him and no adjustment from BR. Better opposition and we'd of been punished today. 

And congratulations Cissokoh.You may just be an even WORSE player than Djimi Traore. Which is quite an impressive achievement. What's even more unnerving is he has absolutely ZERO concept on defending and that's his main freaking job! God forbid he get's ANYWHERE near the park Tuesday or we are well and truly screwed. 

Good weekend, with the football getting in the way. But a new ground to add to the list and cup progress so there is that. 

Hail. 

Oh I wasn't happy with how we played at all, bro.  That was me looked through rose colored glasses.

I said the same thing about Suarez.  He needed to be out during the 65th minute or so right after Sturridge scored.  Kelly either needs to be loaned out or just sold.  He's been past over by Flano and it's not even close anymore.  Which is sad, but true.

BR was steady slobbering all over Moses (who for me, had his best game in Red... fwiw) but he loved him some Moses of course.

Last week after the draw BR basically apologized for having to use Cissokho by saying "He's just here to back up Jose" lol.  He's been weak since he's been here though.  The one good game he had (or about 60 minutes) was when he and Sterling were on the same side and we destroyed Spurs.  Other than that, blah.  But the wings have always been our weakness.

This was a side that's given up the 2nd most goals in their league this season and we could only muster 2.  But I did see Coutinho finally calm down towards the end right before he was subbed, which is why I said what I said.

We need to do something before the window closes, though.  We are stretched thin depth wise right now.

Yeah, BR REALLY must of boosted Cissokho's confidence with that.  :lol: Man he's wretchedly bad. HELL knows why he took him on loan. 

FWIW lil' Bro, the strong rumour is Boston has little to no money. AGAIN! And take this FWIW, but I have it on pretty good authority from two reliable sources Johnson has played his last game for the club if the injury ends his season. He's on his way in the summer to help raise funds. 

MASSIVE game Tuesday. We HAVE to beat them. And with the goal difference, it'll be like going 4 points clear. We lose, and I honestly wouldn't like to say we'll finish above Everton for the third straight season. 

Which would be a disgrace in itself. 

Hail. 

Yeah, BR REALLY must of boosted Cissokho's confidence with that.  :lol: Man he's wretchedly bad. HELL knows why he took him on loan. 

FWIW lil' Bro, the strong rumour is Boston has little to no money. AGAIN! And take this FWIW, but I have it on pretty good authority from two reliable sources Johnson has played his last game for the club if the injury ends his season. He's on his way in the summer to help raise funds. 

MASSIVE game Tuesday. We HAVE to beat them. And with the goal difference, it'll be like going 4 points clear. We lose, and I honestly wouldn't like to say we'll finish above Everton for the third straight season. 

Which would be a disgrace in itself. 

Hail. 

Yeah, they need to sell.

Having two teams where there is no salary cap makes it difficult.

That said, Danny has been in the Market for a BPL team for years.  And he loves spending money.

Yeah, they need to sell.

Having two teams where there is no salary cap makes it difficult.

That said, Danny has been in the Market for a BPL team for years. And he loves spending money.

Where's the structure?

They hardly ever come over. And all there is here is that ******* cretin Ayre. He might be a real good money making commercial guy, but he shouldn't be ANYWHERE near player acquisitions/ contracts. Yet the prick has the the day-to-day running of most everything with the club under his control.

Not suggesting their as bad as the last two bungling clowns by any means. But they ain't too clever to be polite.

I wonder if their hoping for Cup success/ Euro place this year to try sell up and concentrate on their main sporting interest in Boston?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Where's the structure?

They hardly ever come over. And all there is here is that ******* cretin Ayre. He might be a real good money making commercial guy, but he shouldn't be ANYWHERE near player acquisitions/ contracts. Yet the prick has the the day-to-day running of most everything with the club under his control.

Not suggesting their as bad as the last two bungling clowns by any means. But they ain't too clever to be polite.

I wonder if their hoping for Cup success/ Euro place this year to try sell up and concentrate on their main sporting interest in Boston?

Hail.

Well, since they won the World Series and the Division by unloading big(er) contracts and assembling a team that would play their hardest every night for each other...I would say no, they are not trying to fund the baseball team with the Reds. I think the trust BR to make player decisions and want Ayre to support him. They want younger, hungry players who are playing for that big contract and recognition, not players who are getting fat off of their success. It will always be frustrating because Man City, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Man United will always be willing to spend top dollar on talent (even players they don't necessarily need like Saleh). I think they want to win and the team is much better off today than when they took over. I have confidence that they will build a winner and build it in a way that is sustainable for a long period of time.

ps............What ever happened to Financial Fair Play?

• Like 1

I think it starts next year?  Meanwhile, the European Union is investigating Barca and Real for the Spainairds using government bailout money to fund them.

Go ****ing figure that....

..... Meanwhile, the European Union is investigating Barca and Real for the Spainairds using government bailout money to fund them.

Go ****ing figure that....

Hell, Madrid have been a law unto themselves for decades. They basically, down to being the Kings club, have a licence to spend whatever they want with zero comeback no matter how much debt they get into.

NO bank would ever dare foreclose on Madrid. And when rhe debt gets REALLY silly like it did a few years ago, the King just orders the Madrid council to buy the training ground for some super ridiculous fee to clear the debts am start over.

Hail.

Hell, Madrid have been a law unto themselves for decades. They basically, down to being the Kings club, have a licence to spend whatever they want with zero comeback no matter how much debt they get into.

NO bank would ever dare foreclose on Madrid. And when rhe debt gets REALLY silly like it did a few years ago, the King just orders the Madrid council to buy the training ground for some super ridiculous fee to clear the debts am start over.

Hail.

All the more reason it was impressive that the Catalunya region of Spain was able to field a club like Barca.  Real had Barca on the down and outs about 15 years ago and Barca found it's way out of it.

But that's a whole other story. :lol:

Well that's a crudy cup draw.

Another trophyless season. Sighs.

Hail.

**** my hat.  Well, at least we've played there already in BPL this year.

**** my hat. Well, at least we've played there already in BPL this year.

The best I'm hoping for is a draw. Not only do we have a woeful record at the Emirates, we aren't on Arsenals level yet in our development.

If we could somehow snatch a win, brilliant. But I'd take a draw right now and get them back to a rocking Anfiield. But it's more in hope than expectation.

Hail.

The best I'm hoping for is a draw. Not only do we have a woeful record at the Emirates, we aren't on Arsenals level yet in our development.

If we could somehow snatch a win, brilliant. But I'd take a draw right now and get them back to a rocking Anfiield. But it's more in hope than expectation.

Hail.

You never know...the game is a couple of days before their match up with Bayern Munich. Liverpool may not see Arsenal's best squad.

You never know...the game is a couple of days before their match up with Bayern Munich. Liverpool may not see Arsenal's best squad.

And I think it's right after they play United.

We might have a gift.  But we'll still need to play our very best.

Their depth is rediculous.  Like you said earlier, those clubs buy players they don't even need that would start for LFC right now.

We play them at Anfield a week prior too FWIW.

Hypothetical. And I'm gona' preface this by saying I like BR. He's done a fantastic job to date all things considered with some of the best attacking pass and move footie played at Anfield in years. I'm by NO means calling for a change. But if we do indeed go out to Arsenal, that's two years without a sniff of silverware. At what point does that have to end and he have to deliver?

We know the club is all about a top 4 finish over domestic cups, and if we miss that after such a good first half I the season it might well get interesting from Boston.

But when do you say the 'honeymoons over' and trophy's have to start returning?

Hail.

Dead at birth by sponsorship. See PSG with QTA (Qatar tourism company) paying €150 millions to €250 millions/year to PSG through 2016 with retroactive effect on the 2012 season to erase the €100 millions deficit.

Bayern Munich is supposed to open offices/stores in the US and Asia to generate extra income.

Platini was one of the greatest on the field, a joke running UEFA, see how he put up the financial fairplay and his rebuffing of instant replay (no more game fixing !).

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

We play them at Anfield a week prior too FWIW.

Hypothetical. And I'm gona' preface this by saying I like BR. He's done a fantastic job to date all things considered with some of the best attacking pass and move footie played at Anfield in years. I'm by NO means calling for a change. But if we do indeed go out to Arsenal, that's two years without a sniff of silverware. At what point does that have to end and he have to deliver?

We know the club is all about a top 4 finish over domestic cups, and if we miss that after such a good first half I the season it might well get interesting from Boston.

But when do you say the 'honeymoons over' and trophy's have to start returning?

Hail.

I like BR, as well.  And he hasn't exactly had the top talent to work with since he's been here.

But it's been only a matter of time for a while now...

Jamie%20Carragher-1777190.jpg

• Like 1

Man, I'd LOVE Jamie to go into coaching. He's EVERYTHING needed to be a great leader of men. Should of been our captain for me over Steven. Steeped in the club. Dude just LIVES football. And LFC in particular. Even when he was playing, he hardly ever missed a reserve or U-19 game in his afternoons off. Real surprised when he went straight to TV. (Although I'd imagine they shoved a ridiculous offer his way. Him and Neville are brilliant to watch.).

Maybe he just needs to get the TV work out of his system but that's a great call which I'm sure is in his destiny in the future.

There was a shot of him sat in the stand the Villa game the other week and man did he look PISSED!. Like 'You call that **** defending! WTF is going on! If I was still out there this **** wouldn't be happening!' etc. :lol:

Hail.

*Edit* I would say BR could do a LOT worse than try persuade Jamie to join his staff. But if he did I seriously fear for Cissokohs life when JC got a hold of him LOL

Man, I'd LOVE Jamie to go into coaching. He's EVERYTHING needed to be a great leader of men. Should of been our captain for me over Steven. Steeped in the club. Dude just LIVES football. And LFC in particular. Even when he was playing, he hardly ever missed a reserve or U-19 game in his afternoons off. Real surprised when he went straight to TV. (Although I'd imagine they shoved a ridiculous offer his way. Him and Neville are brilliant to watch.).

Maybe he just needs to get the TV work out of his system but that's a great call which I'm sure is in his destiny in the future.

There was a shot of him sat in the stand the Villa game the other week and man did he look PISSED!. Like 'You call that **** defending! WTF is going on! If I was still out there this **** wouldn't be happening!' etc. :lol:

Hail.

*Edit* I would say BR could do a LOT worse than try persuade Jamie to join his staff. But if he did I seriously fear for Cissokohs life when JC got a hold of him LOL

Oh yeah I saw the shot of him during the Villa game.  He looked absolutely pissed.  Dude next to him (I forget who it was) looked awkward next to the intensity lol.

I honestly think he's doing TV and just biding his time.  I really like BR, but Carra on his staff would be a bad move for him as the LFC boss.  I think that would speed up the process of Jaime taking over.  I really think he's the next guy up.

And yes all of those defenders would be get swirlies in the toilet at halftime if they played like they did against Villa in the first half.

And God save Mignolet :lol:

• Like 1