Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Or Utd to date.  :lol:

Hail. 

Yep. Martinez has brought in a lot of young talent, and given Barkley a chance. Somethings Moyes never seemed to want to do. He had his favorites. I cant wait to watch Man U crash and burn. They definitely wont win the league and I think an argument could be made they could drop out of the top 4. Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City would be my guess for the top 3 spots. If Man U plays how I think they will under Moyes, there will be a fight for the 4th spot. Moyes is just really lucky he has RVP.

To almost double your money after 5 years on the Belgium who's really only had the one season of any note is fantastic business, For Utd to end up paying over £ 5 million more than his release fee that they let run out. after Moyes was his manager when it was inserted; is beyond hilarious. For them to have added a guy who isn't a great contributor goals or assist wise from midfield, which they desperately lack, just makes the whole thing priceless quality. 

Lukaku was a fantastic pick-up. Sadly, lol. I honestly thought Mourinho would have him pegged as his new Drogba. The boy is top quality. Strong as an ox. Two great feet. Great in the air. Quick. Technically sound. Him and Benteke are a frightening prospect for the Belgium National team upfront going forward. I'll give props to Martinez there. Never saw that one coming and a fantastic bit of business for this year. 

But then you well over paid yourselves for the lad from Wigan so that levelled things out a bit.  :P

Yep. Fellaini was good for Everton for awhile, but I can honestly say I am pretty happy with the sale. I dont think we will be losing a lot based on where he would play, and the style of play. I just dont think he would have that much of an impact outside of his height for Everton. I will be curious to see how Moyes plays him for Man U, his preferred position is defensive mid.

Yeah I think they paid more for his raw potential. He is a young guy that knows the system and they hope will continue to develop over the next couple of years.

I would be willing to pay a whole lot of money to purchase Lukaku permanently. Young guy, great skill, and a position where Everton hasnt had a top level guy for a long time. And to compete in the league for European spots you need someone there.

desperate? you do realize he is one of the best playmakers in the world?

Oh, no question he's a top player as I noted in my subsequent posts after the quoted one. 

It was the size of the fee coming on the last day of the window that I was more alluding to after absolutely nothing prior. Özil will be a great addition to both Arsenal and the English game as a whole. (Side note- I've asked for years why English clubs never go for German players. There's not a more professional, hard working player than a German. And when you throw in similar leagues and climate that remains a constant mystery to me.), 

All that said I also feel looking from the outside in you'd of been better served strengthening in other areas. But I defer to an Arsenal fans views on need far more than my outsiders view.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

...... I cant wait to watch Man U crash and burn. They definitely wont win the league and I think an argument could be made they could drop out of the top 4. Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City would be my guess for the top 3 spots. If Man U plays how I think they will under Moyes, there will be a fight for the 4th spot. Moyes is just really lucky he has RVP..... 

I had visions of Rooney sat at home last night with his hands in his hands saying 'WTF have I done?' ...... Whilst Mourinho called and left voicemail messages saying 'Wah wah ****head' ..... whilst all the while Ferguson was sat somewhere downing pints of whisky at it all. 

My head is a weird and wonderful place at times.  :lol:

Hail. 

Oh, no question he's a top player as I noted in my subsequent posts after the quoted one. 

It was the size of the fee coming on the last day of the window that I was more alluding to after absolutely nothing prior. Özil will be a great addition to both Arsenal and the English game as a whole. (Side note- I've asked for years why English clubs never go for German players. there's not a more professional, hard working player than a German. And you throw in similar leagues and climate and that remains a constant mystery to me.), 

All that said I also feel looking from the outside in you'd of been better served strengthening in other areas. But I defer to an Arsenal fans views on need for more than my outsiders view.

Hail. 

The fee is representative of the market that was set this summer Özil probably goes for 35+ most other years.

Gareth Bale was sold for 86 million!! He isnt worth 45 million most other years.

To almost double your money after 5 years on the Belgium who's really only had the one season of any note is fantastic business, For Utd to end up paying over £ 5 million more than his release fee that they let run out. after Moyes was his manager when it was inserted; is beyond hilarious. For them to have added a guy who isn't a great contributor goals or assist wise from midfield, which they desperately lack, just makes the whole thing priceless quality. 

Lukaku was a fantastic pick-up. Sadly, lol. I honestly thought Mourinho would have him pegged as his new Drogba. The boy is top quality. Strong as an ox. Two great feet. Great in the air. Quick. Technically sound. Him and Benteke are a frightening prospect for the Belgium National team upfront going forward. I'll give props to Martinez there. Never saw that one coming and a fantastic bit of business for this year. 

But then you well over paid yourselves for the lad from Wigan so that levelled things out a bit.  :P

How insulting was the Wigan bid? Glad you laughed it straight off. Dave Whelan is one of the biggest dicks in football and someone needs to put him in his place. 

Hail. 

5 million is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the morbid amounts of money that have been payed for transfers within the EPL. When Jordan Henderson costs more than Arturo Vidal you either throw value out the window or stop buying from EPL clubs.

Touche man. 

But don't say you weren't forewarned on David Moyes Football Genius when the champagne goes flat. 

Hail. 

The day he was hired I read a bogus article from a German tabloid that claimed Jurgen Klopp was about to be named United manager...I still read it from time to time.

• Like 1

..... The day he was hired I read a bogus article from a German tabloid that claimed Jurgen Klopp was about to be named United manager...I still read it from time to time.

:lol: The Klop rumours had me real worried I have to admit. His philosophy would fit straight in at Utd and been a seamless transition. 

The Mourinho rumours were even more disturbing. Mourinho. With Utds resources. There's another 5 straight titles right there. At least.

Thankfully, you guys did the decent thing and ended your cycle.  :P

Hail. 

You guys crack me up. 

Regarding German players and the EPL . . . I think good german players tend to get scooped up by Bayern and a lot of the others are content to stay in Germany. It's more of a mindset thing, probably.

its a money thing also. German teams have money and can keep their guys at home.

You guys crack me up. 

We try. (Or are darn trying as many would say. :lol: .).

Regarding German players and the EPL . . . I think good german players tend to get scooped up by Bayern and a lot of the others are content to stay in Germany. It's more of a mindset thing, probably.

its a money thing also. German teams have money and can keep their guys at home.

I wasn't just meaning now. I was thinking back as far as far as I can remember. 

Speaking from experience (Cristian Ziege aside  :angry:); we had two wonderful German's. But sadly got them too late in their careers to really enjoy them for long. Marcus Babel, who was as good as any right full back there's been in the Premiership era. And Karl-Heinz Riedle, who was a top pro and real talented forward. He just didn't have the legs for this league when Evo brought him in at the end of his career. 

Hail. 

You'd shocked how low spending is in the German league actually.  Dortmund has always been consistently one of the lowest spenders. Despite that they had a good hold on the Bundasliga as of a recent and have knocked off Bayern quite a bit.  Actually spending in Germany is why the atmospheres are so great.  The typical fan can afford a game which isn't the case always for EPL.   The unfortunate thing is teams like Bayern threaten to ruin that.  The more they continue to spend on players to buy their championships the more other teams must spend to compete.  Those costs get put on the fans.  This is why I generally have a issue with Bayern.  It's a organization that that has fans who expect championships every year.  The fans are spoiled and thus why the atmosphere is one of the worst.  I mean how much excitement is there when you pound a team 6-0 every game?  I mean during the champions league when Dortmund got two goals in stoppage to advance to the Semis that was absolutely amazing(I pulled off sitting stunned and running around in celebrating at the same time).  I'd sit there with my Bayern friend then watch them be up 5 at halftime and be nearly snoring.  I almost wonder if the fans always enjoy it honestly.  I mean part of the fan experience is exciting moments. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Another way to look at Arsenal's transfer window is how much dead weight we shipped out (although failed to cut the The Greatest Anchor to Ever Live). That is really the key for our future. Hence my "okayness" with not signing Ba—he's a short-term solution that I don't want long-term because we have a shortage for 8-10 weeks. 

Simply put, box office club

fe6e664c148211e3b6fb22000aeb121f_7.jpg

also, Martinez had a better transfer window than Moyes has ever had at Everton.

Sorry about the picture quote. Stupid Germans. Don't wear jean shorts.

How insulting was the Wigan bid? Glad you laughed it straight off. Dave Whelan is one of the biggest dicks in football and someone needs to put him in his place. 

Hail. 

Rovers wouldn't let him go for that amount.  Bowyer kept saying he wasn't for sale.  Paying high for him last year might've actually paid off in the long run.  I say long run, but I don't see Rhodes being with the club after this year if he continues his form.  If a Premiership club came in I would've been worried and I can see him heading up if Rovers don't make the jump this year.  Glad that Everton got Lukaku instead.  We'll see how it goes in January, but for now a nice victory for Rovers.

You'd shocked how low spending is in the German league actually.  Dortmund has always been consistently one of the lowest spenders. Despite that they had a good hold on the Bundasliga as of a recent and have knocked off Bayern quite a bit.  Actually spending in Germany is why the atmospheres are so great.  The typical fan can afford a game which isn't the case always for EPL.   The unfortunate thing is teams like Bayern threaten to ruin that.  The more they continue to spend on players to buy their championships the more other teams must spend to compete.  Those costs get put on the fans.  This is why I generally have a issue with Bayern.  It's a organization that that has fans who expect championships every year.  The fans are spoiled and thus why the atmosphere is one of the worst.  I mean how much excitement is there when you pound a team 6-0 every game?  I mean during the champions league when Dortmund got two goals in stoppage to advance to the Semis that was absolutely amazing(I pulled off sitting stunned and running around in celebrating at the same time).  I'd sit there with my Bayern friend then watch them be up 5 at halftime and be nearly snoring.  I almost wonder if the fans always enjoy it honestly.  I mean part of the fan experience is exciting moments. 

Bayern have been doing this since the Bundesliga was formed. Its not new, but I do think there is a tipping point. It just has not been reached yet. 

And star Bundesliga players get paid comparable to outside of top 4 premiership teams. Marco Reus makes like £3 million a year, and that doesnt include endorsements which those clubs have in abundance. Unless you have an extraordinary case like Özil and Khedira in the last year of their contracts, those guys dont leave Germany.

Bayern have been doing this since the Bundesliga was formed. Its not new, but I do think there is a tipping point. It just has not been reached yet. 

And star Bundesliga players get paid comparable to outside of top 4 premiership teams. Marco Reus makes like £3 million a year, and that doesnt include endorsements which those clubs have in abundance. Unless you have an extraordinary case like Özil and Khedira in the last year of their contracts, those guys dont leave Germany.

Yes but the issue is now Bayern has truly focused on taking all the talented players in germany especially those developed by other german clubs.  This forces clubs to spend more to recover from losing those players.  Bayern doesn't exactly pay those clubs a great amount.  They know they can use their influence and money to force the issue should a club fight them.  (Kind of nice Dortmund stood up to them when they can after Lewy with Gotze situation just finishing.) Also those players go to Bayern to get paid handsomely.  Those costs are channeled back down on the fans.  The irony here Bayern's owner constantly has to toot his horn about helping other german clubs financially.  Saying he bailed them out and such.  Funny enough he choose to do it right after that club accomplishes something big.  Always "Yeah great accomplishment for them.  Glad we bailed them out years ago/ saved them from bankruptcy."  The guy did it to Dortmund from the the semis until the final.  He gave them like a couple thousands year ago when they were in 20 mil dollars of debt.  As result he claimed Bayern saved Dortmund.  Those german clubs wouldn't be struggling if it weren't Bayern's spending.  They drive the marketing price up in the league and spending level(Spending level is pretty even besides Bayern).  Like I said sadly eventually this force the fans to spend more thus phasing out some of the traditional fans. It may kill some German teams too.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

One thing no pundit has mentioned about the United Liverpool match is the amount of injury time given. It was a PALTRY 5 minutes. If Fergie had been on the bench guaranteed 7 minimum. 

Hey, those 95 minutes were Utd's best display of the season as per David Moyes Football Genius.

Hell knows what they'd of done with an extra 2 ..... I fear a 1-4 loss. 

Hail. 

• Like 1