Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Sky are reporting that their sources have Tottenham now seriously considering an offer for Bale from an unnamed club aside from Madrid's offer. And they are mooting that there's been interest from two other foreign clubs and an English one. 

The saga deepens. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Have you heard the rumor that Monaco are considering selling Falcao because of the unresolved tax issue in Ligue 1?

The French Lge and Government can kick and scream as much as they like. 

There's no way their gona' force the Principality to bow down. (No pun intended.). If they did, this would be one Hell of a fun lega/ political battle to watch. 

Hail. 

Nice win for Rovers over the weekend, thumping Barnsley 5-2.  

On a more somber note, Morten Gamst Pedersen will be leaving the club soon.  Rumor is he'll be going to Turkey or maybe over to Copenhagen.  After the win this weekend he stepped onto the pitch and saluted the fans, very emotional from what I heard.  An inglorious way for him to leave, especially for one who's been so loyal to the club when others have been eager to jump off the burning wagon that has been Rovers of late.  

Godspeed, Gamst.

Marching in to the lion's den. Soldier on, true grit from the true blue.

... And don't take no guff without a fight. Ha.

I saw a brilliant banner the other day that I have to say was really good from your boys. Not often Chelsea come up with something as witty and original. Normally it's just the typical uninventive Union Jack with Chelsea FC across it. (Or the plastic flags the club hands out which are utterly embarrassing on a European night.).

This one was blue, with the words in white and a montage of old school Chelsea boys which said (no photie. Sorry):

CHELSEA F.C.

WHERE WERE WE WHEN WE WERE ****? (Reference to the modern day insult that whomever is only there through glory hunting)

USUALLY IN YOUR TOWN. YOUR PUB AND YOUR END (Back in the day, the type of lads on the montage invariably were.).

Real original and witty for your lads. For once I'm impressed. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I saw a brilliant banner the other day that I have to say was really good from your boys. Not often Chelsea come up with something as witty and original. Normally it's just the typical uninventive Union Jack with Chelsea FC across it. (Or the plastic flags the club hands out which are utterly embarrassing on a European night.).

This one was blue, with the words in white and a montage of old school Chelsea boys which said (no photie. Sorry):

CHELSEA F.C.

WHERE WERE WE WHEN WE WERE ****? (Reference to the modern day insult that whomever is only there through glory hunting)

USUALLY IN YOUR TOWN. YOUR PUB AND YOUR END (Back in the day, the type of lads on the montage invariably were.).

Real original and witty for your lads. For once I'm impressed. 

Hail. 

They probably paid an ad agency to come up with that.

• Like 1

Man, Van Persie even forces transfers better than Rooney. What can't this guy do better?

If the player puts in a transfer request, doesn't he forfeit his share of the transfer fee?

Could be wrong but I think there are also loyalty bonuses they forfeit if they hand in the request and are sold.

2-0 up and coasting against a side two divisions below you. At home. With a strong side out. Miss a glut of chances, hitting the post 3 times.

Now 2-2 going into extra-time and Hell knows what before Utd Sunday. (Who must be pissing themselves watching this ****.).

Absolutely un-fing believable. But then it's Liverpool so it really is. 

Ridiculous.

Hail. 

Well that certainly wasn't expected. 

Through comfortably in the end but absolutely ridiculous that it took 120 minutes. Yet again the inability to finish off numerous chances haunts this team. And three injuries. The biggest loss being Toure. RVP must be rubbing his hands at facing the inexperience of Wisdom alongside Agger Sunday. 

In the hat but not a good nights work all things considered. 

Good luck Stevenage against the bitters tomorrow. 

Hail. 

Well that certainly wasn't expected. 

Through comfortably in the end but absolutely ridiculous that it took 120 minutes. Yet again the inability to finish off numerous chances haunts this team. And three injuries. The biggest loss being Toure. RVP must be rubbing his hands at facing the inexperience of Wisdom alongside Agger Sunday. 

In the hat but not a good nights work all things considered. 

Good luck Stevenage against the bitters tomorrow. 

Hail. 

didn't watch the game...how bad is Toure?

Do you pick Wisdom over Skrtle or Kelly? I love Wisdom, but don't you need someone with experience for that game? Either way, I foresee Gerrard and Lucas playing very deep that game...