Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russian-ultras-mock-england-fans-8172388#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Russian 'Ultras' mock England fans they attacked with telescopic truncheons and karate moves before leaving Eagle-shaped calling cards behind

Russian fans brandishing telescopic truncheons and wearing gum shields coordinated "savage coordinated attacks" on England supporters in Marseille, victims said today.

One Englishman was left fighting for his life in hospital after yesterday's violence, while at least three others were knocked unconscious.

Most of the attacks were carried out by the so-called Russian 'Ultras', who afterwards boasted about their exploits and mocked England fans.

Many were said to be dressed in black and wearing balaclavas when they attacked in large groups.

A police spokesman said the actual injury toll "could be far greater" as some supporters are thought not have called the emergency services for fear of being arrested.

Violence erupted in the days leading up to England's drawn opener against Russia, as well as immediately after.

Read more: England fan has cardiac arrest and left fighting for life after being beaten by Russian hooligans in Marseille

Following initial trouble on Friday came a warning from one Muscovite, identified only as a 28-year-old called Dmitri: "We’ve only just started. Saturday is the big day, and many proud Russian fans will be ready for action against those threatening us."

There is a large and wealthy expat Russian community living on the French Riviera and many could be seen arriving in Marseille in convertible sports cars, while others flew in from their home country.

After the game, the 'Ultras' took to social media to mock England fans they say fled in fear.

The competition may be diluted but most of the games have been entertaining so far.

I think it's nice to watch teams, so far, not play so ideologically "pure". Like you could tell a Bayern, Arsenal, Real, Atleti, Real style of play. Euros have been more open stylistically.

• Like 1

Banning alcohol around the stadium won't help. Some of the Russians came here only to fight and they don't need booze for that. They are the main cause of the riots.

Today a few bar owners from Marseille were interviewed, they said quite a few English fans were heavily bummed but they didn't cause any trouble.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 4

Yes this seems to be more Russians attacking and the English defending themselves. They really don't seem at fault when it comes to violence. If I were them I would be defending myself as well.

I would love to see Russia kicked out of the competition.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

Riots in Paris French hooligans fighting the Turks, it seems that they were motivated by retaliation. During the game Turkey vs Greece they booed the French anthem which was played in memory of the Bataclan victims.

Poor Piotr Zeilinski .....

He's not starting for Poland which is a disappointment. 

Hopefully he gets on at some stage. 

Hail. 

Well that was a waisted exercise. Never even came off the bench in a very mediocre game. Sighs.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

UEFA is threatening to disqualify England and Russia if their fans are involved in more violence.

If they want yo go down the disqualification route, then kicking teams out during qualifying should happen. Then reduce the number of teams that can qualify.........oh wait, what about the money they might lose...

Now the Germans causing riots vs the Ukrainians. This will never stop.

I'm sticking with my 50% of teams will have fans causing trouble prediction.

Apparently the Lens area for Wales/England was already going to be. So advice was, nip into Lille and have a few beers there.

Just so happens Russia/Slovakia are in Lille at that time...........

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

Efficient win.  Germany will get better as the games progress.  A healthy Schwensteiger will help out a lot, and getting Hummels back will settle the back line down a bit.

That said, I don't see replacements for the players they lost since the last World Cup.  Both Gotze and Schurrle are quality subs only and outside of Muller i don't see a goal scorer.  Maybe Sane can come in and start making a difference, and Draxler appears solid but lets see if he has anything else besides just solid.

• Like 1

ESPNFC said "Germans failed to set tone" but I thought they played pretty damn well. Credit Ukraine for staying very organized. Muller is prob. better than Mario Gomez or the most recent version of Klose, so I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of the strikers. But if they're still "nervy", as some media claim, then that's prob a good thing—you want to peak later in the competition. 

I want to see England go far, but I worry that they may be playing their best football in contrast. 

• Like 1

Ecuador is going for the group, man.

Mercy.  They're slaughtering Haiti, who easily had the worst draw of any team in Copa America.  "Thanks America, we were going to chill this summer but then we had to play 3 of the top 25 team in the world" :lol:

Nothing but respect...

• Like 1