Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Indescriminantly shooting tear gas into a crowded area is a terrible tactic. That ****s a MF when it gets in your eyes. And you can't escape it. For innocent people to suffer that when there is absolutely no need is terribly wrong.

Couple that with little security inside the stadium, and the French tactics have been real poor and VERY questionable.

And that in no way condones the knobheads there for the aggro. But the French need to evaluate how they deal with incidents. All the more surprising from previous experience in France where the normal MO from the GIGN is to hit first and ask questions later. France has some of the worst police around I've encountered all over Europe for being heavy handed and often provoking things.

Not sure why they aren't moving in swifter to deal with the trouble makers. The tear gas disgrace needs to stop.

Hail.

It's not fair, but people get paid to make those decisions.  Unfortunately they have to make them for the better of the whole.

And the eyes are the least of my worries.  It's the uncontrollable snotting and vomiting that is the worst for me.  Whenever we trained with gas the instructors would always make us drink milk and eat eggs before hand so that we were nice and topped off.  ****ers.

There's no easy way to do this, but that's an effective non-lethal way to go.

Just a bad start and I really feel for all involved.  Right down to the locals.

BBC reporting that FIFA is going to sit down with the Russian Football Federation.

Zika, yeh can't be a good sign when you have athletes freezing sperm before they travel. I'm sure you'd want to get rid of plenty before you boarded the plane but jeez not that way...............

Honestly hadn't even heard of it before Hope Solo did a piece with ESPN late last fall.  Crazy how quickly it spread after the world cup just two years ago.  I don't remember hearing anything then.

Not sure why they aren't moving in swifter to deal with the trouble makers. The tear gas disgrace needs to stop.

Hail.

You forgot to mention that Liverpudlians are imune to teargas ;)

Here is the evidence:

CivtTzRXAAAXAOW.jpg

Guys, what are your prognostics for today's games ?

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

It's not fair, but people get paid to make those decisions. Unfortunately they have to make them for the better of the whole.

And the eyes are the least of my worries. It's the uncontrollable snotting and vomiting that is the worst for me. Whenever we trained with gas the instructors would always make us drink milk and eat eggs before hand so that we were nice and topped off. ****ers.

There's no easy way to do this, but that's an effective non-lethal way to go.

Just a bad start and I really feel for all involved. Right down to the locals.

BBC reporting that FIFA is going to sit down with the Russian Football Federation.

Completely disagree lil' bro. They made completely the wrong call and the whole scenario would of been Policed and handled far better here for example. It's not like the French aren't experienced themselves which makes it even more bizarre.

The French authorities haven't come out of this in any glowing terms at all. Particularly on Thursday and Friday.

You forgot to mention that Liverpudlians are imune to teargas ;)

Here is the evidence:

Guys, what are your prognostics for today's games ?

Brilliant! Haha.

Croatia, Poland and Germany to all win comfortably.

And you all to finally see why Jonas Hector is utterly boss!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

"Deluded Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko has claimed there were no clashes between fans after England drew 1-1 with Russia on Saturday night.

Three Lions goalkeeper Joe Hart urged supporters in the crowd to stay safe after Russian fans broke through the minimal segregation and perpetrated a coordinated attack on the England support inside the Stade Velodrome following running battles on the streets of Marseille earlier during the day.

UEFA confirmed this morning that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Russia for crowd disturbances, use of fireworks and racist behaviour.

But Mutko, who infamously claimed for 97 breakfasts during a three-week official visit to Canada and has been accused of being complicit in state-sponsored Russian doping, denied any such violence took place.

“There was no clash… that’s being exaggerated,” he said."

Not gonna get much sense out of a guy who thinks he can squeeze 97 breakfasts into 21 days........

Poor Piotr Zeilinski, who was the lad who posted a pic of himself the day after his season ended that he was coming to Liverpool.  Even announced it on Serbian TV.

Well he's been given the run around.  Apparently it was all about a done deal until Klopp decided he wanted Dahoud, but Piotr remained "the back up plan."  Well Napoli bid for Zeilinski and he's just turned them down.

Now we've apparently put a 9.5 mil pound bid in for him.  Hopefully he gets locked up soon.  I'll always take a young and promising player who really wants to be here.

"Deluded Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko has claimed there were no clashes between fans after England drew 1-1 with Russia on Saturday night.

Three Lions goalkeeper Joe Hart urged supporters in the crowd to stay safe after Russian fans broke through the minimal segregation and perpetrated a coordinated attack on the England support inside the Stade Velodrome following running battles on the streets of Marseille earlier during the day.

UEFA confirmed this morning that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Russia for crowd disturbances, use of fireworks and racist behaviour.

But Mutko, who infamously claimed for 97 breakfasts during a three-week official visit to Canada and has been accused of being complicit in state-sponsored Russian doping, denied any such violence took place.

“There was no clash… that’s being exaggerated,” he said."

Not gonna get much sense out of a guy who thinks he can squeeze 97 breakfasts into 21 days........

That sound you just heard was several thousand reservations to World Cup 2018 being cancelled. Ridiculous response from a government minister!

• Like 1

..... or when the Europa League Final is being marred by fighting.....

For the uninitiated, that was exactly what happened after the game last night. Large neutral area to the left of the official Sevilla section. ('Neutral' used VERY loosely as it was almost solid L'pool fans who bought up all the tickets.). NO security or segregation between the two. Sevilla bellends steamed across and attacked the 'neutral' area. Fighting ensues for a matter of minutes until the Swiss bizzies finally turn up and form a strong segregation line between the two areas for the duration of the match.

All under the organisation of UEFA. Again.

When are THEY going to be brought to account?

That's two almost identical potential major incidents in front of the World TV cameras inside a stadium within the space of a month or so under their watch.

WHEN will they EVER learn?

Now we've apparently put a 9.5 mil pound bid in for him. Hopefully he gets locked up soon. I'll always take a young and promising player who really wants to be here.

Wouldn't of done in the past. But now you have arguably the best coach Worldwide for finding young talent and coaching it up you aren't concerned at all if he does that.

That sound you just heard was several thousand reservations to World Cup 2018 being cancelled. Ridiculous response from a government minister!

People will still go to Russia in 2 years in their thousands regardless. It's a World Cup Finals Tourney when all said and done. And with the eyes of the World on them, Inwould imagine in the main it will go off relatively peaceful.

Personally wouldn't go anywhere near the place. Had enough previous experiences with Russian groks to last me a life time. St. Petersburg was the final nail a few years ago. They see it, in some f-ed up sense of maleness, that if you're prepared to travel, you're prepared to fight and defend your team. And they fight to mame and kill. Regardless of whether it's a fellow nutcase or an innocent woman or child.

Which isn't my idea of fun.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

People will atill go to Russia in 2 years in their thousands regardless. It's a World Cup Finals Tourney when all said and done. And with the eyes of the World on them, Inwould imagine in the main it will go off relatively peaceful.

Have to think that's it for Markovic.  I was so high on he kid but apparently they didn't like him in Turkey.  So that's one you can't put on Brendan (though he didn't help).  Take what you can get... hopefully it's from China.

People will still go to Russia in 2 years in their thousands regardless. It's a World Cup Finals Tourney when all said and done. And with the eyes of the World on them, Inwould imagine in the main it will go off relatively peaceful.

Personally wouldn't go anywhere near the place. Had enough previous experiences with Russian groks to last me a life time. St. Petersburg was the final nail a few years ago. They see it, in some f-ed up sense of maleness, that if you're prepared to travel, you're prepared to fight and defend your team. And they fight to mame and kill. Regardless of whether it's a fellow nutcase or an innocent woman or child.

Which isn't my idea of fun.

Hail.

I'm at my brother-in-laws house right now and we're having a good breakfast discussion on that right now.

Not sure anyone save for the ultras (and god bless 'em) head there or Qatar... who plan on storing fans in ****ing tents.

Tents.  When it's going to be 130 degrees outside.

Sorry couldn't help myself ;)

Well done, brother.  We needed that this morning.

Very little will happen to Russia. Their fans will be banned for 4-5 games and the Russian FA will be fined an amount of money that sounds a lot to the average person but is pocket change to a country over flowing with oil. Anything big and actually a detterent to Russian fans doing again, like revoking the World Cup, would cause an international incident and people are already scared of Putin.

No one comes out of this well though.

As for today's games going to take turkey, Poland and Germany.

Poor Piotr Zeilinski, who was the lad who posted a pic of himself the day after his season ended that he was coming to Liverpool.  Even announced it on Serbian TV.

Well he's been given the run around.  Apparently it was all about a done deal until Klopp decided he wanted Dahoud, but Piotr remained "the back up plan."  Well Napoli bid for Zeilinski and he's just turned them down.

Now we've apparently put a 9.5 mil pound bid in for him.  Hopefully he gets locked up soon.  I'll always take a young and promising player who really wants to be here.

He's not starting for Poland which is a disappointment. 

Hopefully he gets on at some stage. 

Hail.