Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So is Dunga a bad manager? Or do Brazil lack talent?They've been exposed in the last two tournaments.

Think both are true. Outside of neymar they have very little attacking talent(barbosa and coutinho look promising but aren't there yet). Certainly not at the level we've become accustomed to. They lack CM who can dictate the game recently just been playing Gilberto silva style cloggers there instead. And dunga is terrible. Poor tactical and can't make a game changing sub to save himself.
  • Like 1

So is Dunga a bad manager? Or do Brazil lack talent?They've been exposed in the last two tournaments. 

Is Klinsmann a better manager than Dunga?

A little of both imo.

Dunga never really picks his best teams, but they are also in the midst of a lot of youth.

He skipped over the bridge guys between Ronaldinho and Kaka for guys like Willian and Neymar.  So the tweeners like Hulk just don't have a lot of experience playing for the National team.  And Neymar certainly helps Brasil but he wanted to play in the Olympics (in Brasil).

A little of both imo.

Dunga never really picks his best teams, but they are also in the midst of a lot of youth.

He skipped over the bridge guys between Ronaldinho and Kaka for guys like Willian and Neymar.  So the tweeners like Hulk just don't have a lot of experience playing for the National team.  And Neymar certainly helps Brasil but he wanted to play in the Olympics (in Brasil).

Yeah, the next gen for them was Kaka (34), Robinho (32),  Ronaldinho(36) but those guys never panned out. Until Neymar, that classic Brazilian striker was noticeably absent from the world scene. 

Suarez takes a beating.  For every dive he took at least 3 ass whoopings that weren't called.

Price to pay to be the best player on the planet.

Yeah, the next gen for them was Kaka (34), Robinho (32),  Ronaldinho(36) but those guys never panned out. Until Neymar, that classic Brazilian striker was noticeably absent from the world scene. 

Never panned out?

They won a World Cup.  :lol:

Robinho wasn't on that team. Kaka was young and I don't think saw the field much. ronaldinho was key.

But also talking about how they all got phased out even at club level prematurely.

Tbf to kaka it was injuries that hampered his career even then he was the last player not named messi or Ronaldo to win the ballon dor.

Supporting Italy for this one but that's mainly because they have a cracking national anthem

• Like 1

Is Klinsmann a better manager than Dunga?

Yes. He's more defensive than Mourinho.  Impressive for a Brazilian. 

Yes. But Dunga still doesn't utilise the talent they have properly and some of his selections are bizarre to be kind. 

Yes. IMHO. He's had a third place finish in the WC and had relative success with a small Nation (in football terms) in America. 

Hail 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Great win for Italy. Performance of the tourney so far.

Excellent performance tonight but I still don't see them going deep. My usual rule of thumb is to NEVER bet against the Germans or Italians in tournaments but this is a REAL poor Italian side and that lack of quality will tell when it hots up. That D won't carry them this time I feel. 

Ireland finishing top 2 this group. Telling yer.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Lukaku is sooooo poor.  Really hope the rumors of us resigning him are false.  Nainggolan and Hazard looked good.  De Bruyne had his moments.  Fellaini should never find himself on the field.  Origi needs to start.  Back four missing Kompany.  

Conte, fwiw, outmanaged what's-his-face belgian.  

• Like 1

Excellent performance tonight but I still don't see them going deep. My usual rule of thumb is to NEVER bet against the Germans or Italians in tournaments but this is a REAL poor Italian side and that lack of quality will tell when it hots up. That D won't carry them this time I feel. 

Ireland finishing top 2 this group. Telling yer.

Hail.

Never bet against a strong defensive unit when the talent is basically even. The Italians will win the group and advance until they face a vastly better team. I will win our bet! (too bad I forget what I win)