Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Did I understate it too much? Thought I'd got just the right balance.

I'll try hader next time,

Hail.

Didn't make any sense. The Chairman of JCB wants out of the EU but it won't stop him going to France in the summer, drinking French wine and spending Euros on whatever he wants. I'm sure those people wanting out of the EU will still go to EU member countries in the future.

So the combination of 1) mindless chanting to leave the EU with 2) being in Europe at the time is meaningless.

Back to football eh......

Why he's Albanian.

Not big in expanding the Euros and letting all these smaller Nations in.

Hail

Couldn't agree more.  While it is nice for some of these nations to actually play in a major tournament, the Euros used to be better than the WC for me as EVERY group was difficult with really good teams playing.  Now we have to sit through some really bad soccer to get to the good games.

Look back at 1996 for example, groups were:

A:  England, Netherlands, Scotland, Switzerland

B:  France, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania

C:  Germany, Czech, Italy, Russia

D:  Portugal, Croatia, Denmark, Turkey

Great matches to watch all around.

• Like 3

Didn't make any sense. The Chairman of JCB wants out of the EU but it won't stop him going to France in the summer, drinking French wine and spending Euros on whatever he wants. I'm sure those people wanting out of the EU will still go to EU member countries in the future.

So the combination of 1) mindless chanting to leave the EU with 2) being in Europe at the time is meaningless.

Back to football eh......

And that attitude on your fellow countrymen on European soil tells us all we need to know.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

And that attitude on your fellow countrymen on European soil tells us all we need to know.

Hail.

My God you would think you've never attended a game before. I'm sure you've walked out of many games in disgust, perhaps when LFC and ManU are chanting at each other, or when the Europa League Final is being marred by fighting. Stop putting so much importance on what mindless football fans think and do, especially on matters regarding the countries EU vote..........

You cheering for Wales or Slovakia?

*A typical litte Englanders who follow the Natiknal side.

Neither. I have no stake in Wales or Slovakia. Just I have no stake in the later game. I'm just raising a glass to happy memories iof being in Bordeaux at the start of this season. Great City.

2 good games of football on a Sat'day evening is all I hope for.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Decent half, early missed chance a key moment again like last night.

Just showed Bales free kicks in qualifying games and they went the other corner, keepers done his research and got too clever.

Expected more from Slovakia, but perhaps that's down to strong Welsh defence. Slovakia should come out fast though second half.

Sticking with my 2-2 guess

Also wonder if Skrtel can get charged after the game, not sure on the rules.

Short memory of?.

What, you can't remember. Now there's irony.

Time to stick to football talk.

I'd add cracking atmosphere too, fans doing there bit.

Im rooting for Ireland as that's where my family is from, though most closely on my dads side as he has duel citizenship. Unfortunately with their group they are royally screwed.

Wouldn't say royally screwed. We've every chance of beating an average Sweden side on Monday, Italy have their worst side in years and Belgium have proved nothing yet. Its not as bad a group as it looks on paper and one win may well be enough to go through as a best third placed team. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't say royally screwed. We've every chance of beating an average Sweden side on Monday, Italy have their worst side in years and Belgium have proved nothing yet. Its not as bad a group as it looks on paper and one win may well be enough to go through as a best third placed team.

I agree, the cheap third places up for qualification to the next phase opens things up. Plus you're right about the quality of the other teams, I think that's true across the board in the tourney.

• Like 1