Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Malcolm Kelly injures hamstring at Donovan McNabb's 'Hell Week'

SkinsNatsFan

no reason to cut him because if he recovers he might do ok, but his future is getting dimmer and dimmer. you can only hold on to hope for so long.

That is rite. I almost feel as if I'm holding onto a pinky finger of hope with MK. I really want this kid to work out for yes in some short of fashion for us. POP quiz who has done more for the skins as a tall WR A.Mix, or M.Kelly?

LOL at people thinking hamstring injuries can be prevented by stretching.....

Still, We really RELALY need a good strength and conditioning coach... or maybe physical therapist. Holy crap...

I really don't know how you can put any blame on the strength coaches. They've only been on the job for 4 months or so and this occured outside of their watch at a place they weren't even near

Still, We really RELALY need a good strength and conditioning coach... or maybe physical therapist. Holy crap...

I really don't know how you can put any blame on the strength coaches. They've only been on the job for 4 months or so and this occured outside of their watch at a place they weren't even near

To add to that. Haven't most of the players been saying that this year with the (follow me here braindx) "new conditioning program/coachs" is the best they have had in a while?

To add to that. Haven't most of the players been saying that this year with the (follow me here braindx) "new conditioning program/coachs" is the best they have had in a whale?

I am sorry ... it is they best they have in a ...

whale_spill_1.jpg

?

There's just too much negativity surrounding him from the entire fanbase... it's tough to overcome having hundreds of thousands of people constantly think negative thoughts about your legs whenever your name is mentioned! Don't underestimate that, fellas. :)

You can try to blame the new strength coaches.

It doesn't make any sense, and it's misplaced blame. But people can still try it anyway.

Stretching prevents hamstring injuries unless one plays like a dumbass.

With all of the hamstring issues that this team has had in the past few years, it's frustrating to see them still pop up. It's on the player to stretch, play within his limits, and stay hydrated.

No stretching does not. It CAN Possibly HELP prevent some hamstring injuries,or even many,but there are other causes for the injury that stretching more than likely will not help prevent. However stretching could help them be less severe.

Sooner/Seminole fan here. That said I was against drafting Malcom for this reason alone. How many players with injury bugs ever get over it? Our own Santana is an example of it. I guess you could say Reggie Wayne but he's about all I can think of. There are some GREAT WRs possibly coming out in next years draft.

AJ Green! :beavisnbutthead:

I hope this is a minor setback for Malcolm. He seems a perfect fit for the new offense and I'm hoping him and Devin explode on the scene this year. The Skins need both to have good seasons for the team to make any real steps to get back to playoff contention. After last years collapse I think all Skins fans are praying for a healthy season with as few injuries as possible.

here here

AJ Green! :beavisnbutthead:

On the top of the list in my mind!

The kid DOMINATED the SEC as a true freshman! Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffries in the SEC alone. broyels is a great WR at OU I worry about previous transgressions. Side note broyels came up as brittle with iPhone auto correct. Bad omen.

Kelly couldn't carry moss jock strap cut him he's dead wood

Dead wood with a tremendous upside and the best hand on the team. That's what we should do. Cut him because he he tweaked a hammy. Nevermind that he'll miss a max of two days and he's already developing a relationship with McNabb, or that he could be seriously dangerous in our offense. Injury = Cut!

:insane:

we would have to suck similar to last season to be in a position to draft AJ Green

barring injury, he's a top 5 pick

You may be right in theory but every year players get drafted later then most expect. Add in the other WRs, QBs, DL, and OTs all get added in.

A lot of WRs end up being mid rounders due to high bust rates and slow development.

Long way a way but food for thought.

If he were in camp today and working in pads he would have the same chance at the injury. Maybe he was dehydrated and pulled it, but it's nothing more then a typical WR injury early in any given year. Nothing more then that.

It's common to have a breakout year in the 3rd grade. He doesn't get expelled for a minor injury, nor does he set himself up for failure by working hard to get better and develop chemistry with the QB and leader of the team. MC has done everything right and will have the chance to get on the field and produce some results with a QB that can play to his strengths consistently.

Not good news, but not the end of the world or any indication that he is made of glass. The skins will have an MRI to see how bad it's torn and will evaluate the progress and rehab him to get him on the field ASAP.

HAIL!!!:point2sky

Stretching prevents hamstring injuries unless one plays like a dumbass.

With all of the hamstring issues that this team has had in the past few years, it's frustrating to see them still pop up. It's on the player to stretch, play within his limits, and stay hydrated.

Another thing that prevents hamstrings is not practicing football at an intense level in the desert .

The problem is what he does, and every other WR in football does,(and most other positions) necessarily puts enormous stress on the body .

In the average joe stretching helps prevent strains and muscle pulls because we don't work the body to such extremes . A professional athlete going into his 3rd year in the NFL will know more about preparing to train and his body than most . Point is ... I am guessing he stretched .

The other point is... this really isn't an injury ... what the team is doing is holding him out as a precaution . It probably happens all over the NFL to all kinds of players but we don't notice because anything bad only happens here . Lets not write of Kelly just yet ...

Archived