Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Malcolm Kelly injures hamstring at Donovan McNabb's 'Hell Week'

SkinsNatsFan

Sooner/Seminole fan here. That said I was against drafting Malcom for this reason alone. How many players with injury bugs ever get over it? Our own Santana is an example of it. I guess you could say Reggie Wayne but he's about all I can think of. There are some GREAT WRs possibly coming out in next years draft.

Jesus. How effing hard is it to STRETCH first? I mean, seriously. Just stretch.

Stretching doesn't always cure the problem, strengthening the hamstrings is the number 1 goal but most speedy WR's like Moss will always deal with hammy issues. Stretching and warming up helps but its not the final answer.

He will be fine as long as its treated now.

Kelly is a bust. He's just too fragile for the NFL.

Even if he recovers for the season, how many games you think he'll play before the next injury? cut his ass already and give someone else a chance. Kelly is a waste of a roster spot.

Again, its a minor injury that occurred when he was putting in extra time with his new QB. Yeah, it's frustrating due to his past issues, but its also July. If he's still missing time come season time, then I say let the complaints roll in. Until then I take a wait and see approach.

This is a great example of why I'm glad that we have 2 pass catching TE's, which can play either the slot or split end.

Seriously.

As athletic as Fred Davis is, he's a great weapon in the red zone when split out wide, possibly as much so as Kelly. So we do have options to keep certain packages/plays in place without Kelly if need be.

However, I don't see this as that big of a deal. Tweaking your hamstring isn't the end of the world as long as you rest it and get it healed up in time, and training camp is literally just starting, so he has time to get it taken care of.

If it were a groin or knee injury, I'd be more concerned.

Kelly is a bust. He's just too fragile for the NFL.

Even if he recovers for the season, how many games you think he'll play before the next injury? cut his ass already and give someone else a chance. Kelly is a waste of a roster spot.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

He's been in the league all of what? 2 seasons? Yeah, definitely enough time to declare a 2nd round WR a bust.

Of course perhaps if you realized this injury is just a muscle pull, which happens to many WRs each and every year, and isn't a serious one at all, maybe you wouldn't be flying off the handle so much ("even IF he recovers"? what, like a hammy pull is season-ending now? lol). Then again, with that much irrationality and hate, it seems like you were just waiting for this chance to present itself.

PFT July 22:

Kelly won't even make the team because of his injury issues and lack of special teams value.

PFT July 29:

Though he's been a major disappointment along with fellow 2008 first-day pick Devin Thomas, Kelly's roster spot is not believed to be in jeopardy. The Redskins paid Kelly a $391,000 bonus on April 1, and his base salary is scheduled to be just $470,000.

I just don't get PFT sometimes.

Archived