Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darnell Dockett Twitter: "How many of you want to see me in a Skins' uniform"

GenMgr

Dockett is fierce, and he's also local, which is probably why he's asking, but he's also a melodramatic.

That's a weird thing for a player to tweet. I'd be upset if one of the Skins tweeted about himself in another uni.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm actually gonna go check out an AZ message board to see what they're saying about it :ols:

I'd love to have him. He's a guy who's not happy about his contract situation and is handling it the right way: by honoring the contract he signed while he negotiates for something more preferable.

Oh, yeah, and he's a really good player to boot.

That's a weird thing for a player to tweet. I'd be upset if one of the Skins tweeted about himself in another uni.

I was really excited and then I thought about that...

Imagine the uproar here if someone like Orakpo tweeted "Who wants to see me in a Cardinals uniform?" I'd be pissed.

He's using the media as a means to start checking out other teams while he's still under contract?? How can I be sure he's a character upgrade over what we have now?

He's a local guy who apparently grew up rooting for the Redskins who said it 'cuz he was asked by Arrington.

In terms of character, well, he's pledged to practice and play in a 3-4 even though he's getting less than market and, like Haynesworth, is probably better suited to a 4-3. He had 7 sacks last year as a 3-4 lineman. His five year deal pays him $22M which is clearly below market for a player of his caliber (2 Pro-Bowls and a 2nd team All-Pro in the past 3 years) but he still shows up and plays hard. I'm pretty sure that's a character upgrade over what we've got now.

I am surprised he wants to come here after what Heyer and Portis did to him in the 2008 season.

Wish I had video :(

Cardinals linebacker Gerald Hayes took down Clinton Portis hard and awkwardly near the sideline on a play. Heyer then drove Dockett downfield on a Portis run. Dockett grabbed Portis around the neck as he tackled him. Portis was not happy. Portis then slammed into Dockett hard while protecting the passer. Dockett absorbed the blow and reversed the charges, sending Portis into the air. Dockett and Portis were squaring off when Heyer came over and decked Dockett. I wonder, in retrospect, if Dockett was about to engage Portis in a penalty-drawing duel. Dockett and Portis were not fined for their actions during this game.

Espn.com

He's welcome here after a remedial math class - I mean, 5-9 and 8-4? That's too many men on the field Darnell :silly:

Seriously, I agree with those who feel it's weird that someone under contract with the Cards would talk about coming to the Skins. If one of our guys did that he'd be run out of town.

Archived