Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time: Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona

heyholetsgogrant

ES First Wildcard Spot  

105 members have voted

1. 1. ES First Wildcard Spot

Here's a serious question. Can you explain what that cord is that allows parents of an "anchor baby" to stay in the US?

Here's an even more super serious question, did you read the last post that I responded to you with? 88,000 in the last 10 years? Now because there is only one child per pair of parents, cut that in half, 44,000 now. So the parents of 44,000 children born here have been deported because they are illegal over the past 10 years....do you really really really believe that 44,000 is even the majority of children born here from illegal aliens since the numbers of total illegal aliens is in the range of 20 million?

Please let me know, thanks!:laugh:

There are many "legal" ways for citizens from Mexico (and other countries as well) to come to America and to stay. Is it really too much to ask the wannabe citizens to follow the rules that exist?

Actually no, there aren't. How do you rationalize really poor people, spending their life savings to have a criminal (and they know the coyotes are criminals too often leaving them to die in the middle of nowhere), traipsing across hundreds of miles of very hostile desert (I live here and I wouldn't make it more than 20 miles) and live like a fugitive? Do imagine they do all that just to get over on YOU? Wow, what a naive and ignorant viewpoint.

If an illegal immigrant has a baby in a US hospital, is she allowed to leave the hospital with that child or does INS meet her at the exit?

The cord that exists is not a law, it's a lack of enforcement of existing laws.

Very true, there is no enforcement of the law, and when brought up because the law states 'x' leftists turn a blind eye because, hey, the law says.....when in reality the law is just not being enforced. If they law were being enforced, AZ wouldn't have to be taking matters into their own hands.

Very true, there is no enforcement of the law, and when brought up because the law states 'x' leftists turn a blind eye because, hey, the law says.....when in reality the law is just not being enforced. If they law were being enforced, AZ wouldn't have to be taking matters into their own hands.

So by your argument vigilantism is ok for states, is it ok for me and you too? Can I put up spike strip in front of my house to slow down the idiot neighbor kid who tears through the neighborhood because his worthless parents and the local police don't do anything about it?

So by your argument vigilantism is ok for states, is it ok for me and you too? Can I put up spike strip in front of my house to slow down the idiot neighbor kid who tears through the neighborhood because his worthless parents and the local police don't do anything about it?

How about a SAM site to curb problems with noisy planes flying overhead?

I support the right of Arizona to propose and make laws that their citizens and representation believe will solve issues that they have.

If the US Government believes such laws violate the Constitution, they can work within our legal framework to have them nullified.

If the US Government was doing its constitutional job to begin with, I doubt Arizona would feel that they needed or wanted to do this.

Nature abhors a vacuum, and Arizona apparently abhors a lack of Federal action to "Secure our common borders".

California drives the national discussion and agenda on environmental and health issues. Arizona is now driving the national bus on immigration and border issues.

Crazy how close to a 50/50 split the poll is on a thing that almost everyone agrees is unconstitutional.

Edit: Taking this out: will sidetrack the discussion.

just because its law doesn't mean lockstep approval.

Also: See D.C vs. 2nd amendment constantly.

Crazy how close to a 50/50 split the poll is on a thing that almost everyone agrees is unconstitutional.

well, everyone knows liberals wipe their bums with the constitution and conservatives will defend it to the death, so the split is not surprising at all.

...oh wait.

Arizona is hell bent on repealing the 14th Amendment, aren't they?

So illegal aliens should have a right to entitlements just like US Citizens?

It's bad enough that illegal aliens get a free college education in the Peoples Republic of Calif while legal non residents of the state don't and the taxpayera will be asked to bail out said state for all of their Brilliant ideas.

While I disagree with some of the actions being taken in Arizona, I'm glad they're forcing the feds to get off their asses and do SOMETHING!!!!

i agree with you on that part... maybe if Arizona keeps on doing stuff like, maybe it will stir up enough people to actually have real immigration reform

i agree with you on that part... maybe if Arizona keeps on doing stuff like, maybe it will stir up enough people to actually have real immigration reform

Yeah hopefuly we will finally build fences and back it up with National Guard who won't just have desk jobs down there, as proposed by the Obama Admin, and or the military since we have seen an increase in OTM (Other Than Mexicans) attempting to cross.

And so the talk of security is pretty much empty rhetoric. Where I live is the safest part of the country. How over the top can the argument that there is a huge security problem because of illegals get before the truth is accepted? Even if it is inconvenient to the argument. It's worse now than it's ever been?, this senator Russel cat is either really stupid or a flat out liar. He and his 'ilk' have the rest of you righties all lathered up about a set of circumstances that don't exist. Fix legal immigration (at a cost that pales in comparison to "feel good" security measures) and the problem goes away. How is that everybody doesn't jump on board with common sense and less funding?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/fbi-report-on-crime-in-border-states-shows-surprising-statistics

But the FBI report shows that the nation’s top four big cities with the lowest rates of violent crime are all in border states—Phoenix, El Paso, Austin and San Diego.

“One reason is that illegals aren’t staying here anymore,” said Valley resident Joann Budziszewski. “They are moving to other parts of the country. They come through and they leave.”

“It’s worse now than it’s ever been,” said the bill’s sponsor, Senator Russel Pearce (R-AZ) during the same immigration special. “We’ve had homes invaded. One had 18 burglaries, three home invasions. They don’t live in their homes anymore, and those that do, their homes are boarded, their windows are boarded, they don’t come out at night. They pray for daylight. Their livestock is murdered.”

- more at link

Here's an even more super serious question, did you read the last post that I responded to you with? 88,000 in the last 10 years? Now because there is only one child per pair of parents, cut that in half, 44,000 now. So the parents of 44,000 children born here have been deported because they are illegal over the past 10 years....do you really really really believe that 44,000 is even the majority of children born here from illegal aliens since the numbers of total illegal aliens is in the range of 20 million?

Please let me know, thanks!:laugh:

You seem to have a short circuit somewhere in your logical thinking processes. You yourself said there are 20 million illegal aliens. Millions upon millions, the majority without US-born children. Yet for some reason you seem to think that those with children have a special ability to avoid deportation. Its just not true, and you've provided no evidence to back this up.

You seem to have a short circuit somewhere in your logical thinking processes. You yourself said there are 20 million illegal aliens. Millions upon millions, the majority without US-born children. Yet for some reason you seem to think that those with children have a special ability to avoid deportation. Its just not true, and you've provided no evidence to back this up.

I'm not going to again post the info I did when I first posed the question to you, by doing your merry go round it looks like you just don't want to respond, thats cool, no worries guy!

So illegal aliens should have a right to entitlements just like US Citizens?

If they are born here they are US citizens.... just like you. Exactly like you. Your equal in all things US law.

Get it?

Maybe Arizona should use their right to defend their border from invaders since the Federal Govt. Isn't doing anything about it.
Invader is a funny word. Characterizing illegal aliens as an armed assault force says a lot about the intellectual honesty of the person using the word. Having said that, I agree. Arizona should do what it feels it needs to to keep illegals out of it's state within the bounds of the constitution. If they were serious about it they'd go after employers more heavily... but I won't hold my breath. The idea of republicans jailing massive amounts of business owners trying to cut corners doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

If they are born here they are US citizens.... just like you. Exactly like you. Your equal in all things US law.

Get it?

Invader is a funny word. Characterizing illegal aliens as an armed assault force says a lot about the intellectual honesty of the person using the word. Having said that, I agree. Arizona should do what it feels it needs to to keep illegals out of it's state within the bounds of the constitution. If they were serious about it they'd go after employers more heavily... but I won't hold my breath. The idea of republicans jailing massive amounts of business owners trying to cut corners doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

Off topic, is your sig Samurai Champloo? If so, whatever happened to that show? I remember watching it....then getting old and not being able to stay up....then it was never on AS anymore.

Just an fyi to everyone who is freaking out over this, the only children being denied a US Birth Certificate are those of illegal aliens who are not US Citizens, how is this wrong? That's like me getting my wife pregnant here in VA, then flying to South Africa when she is full term, and demanding my South African Birth Certificate. I'm not a South African citizen, why should we be getting perks in another country because I'm irresponsible?

uhm... because it is specifically outlined that way in the constitution?

the CHILD born in Arizona IS a citizen of the Untited States. period.

Again, personal responsibility, they should not be US Citizens because their parents are criminals. They should not be afforded that right because they would not be here in the first place if a crime was not committed. Sorry, but if you can't see the logic in that we will just have to agree to disagree:saber:

there is no "logic" to discus here. Shoulda, woulda coulda... THIS one is specifically outlined in the constitution.

Archived