Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Helen Thomas: Jews should leave Palestine, go back to Germany and Poland

Burgundy Burner

I don't know why the left idolizes her. So she's an old lady who can be tough sometimes, so what? I knew an old lady down the hall from my old apartment who asked tough questions. People didn't admire her, they called her a bitter old *****.

And aRedskin is right, she's partisan as hell. She tended to ask rhetorical question and would take a much tougher stance on Republican Presidents than Democratic ones.

Bwhahaha. classic.

These remarks, well this is where your crazee slips its leash. It's like you looked up the word fascism and saw that it was about government control with laws, and then you looked around and saw that we have laws and made the conclusion that the two much then be the same.

Nope ASF, I'm not a crazee, but what else do you call it when the government tries to take over healthcare, does take over our banks, GM, forces Chrysler into bed with Fiat at gunpoint etc? Sounds like Fascism to me, Granted we aren't dicatorship Facism yet (See Mussolini).

As for helen thomas's remark, I was making an allusion as to whether Helen Thomas would have gotten away with those remarks right after 9-11 or during Bush's First term at least? My gut says no. Something about the climate right now makes all the liberal quacks, (not the ones you can actually have an interesting conversation with like here on ES), come out and say whatever they have been thinking as if we just have to hear it.

Sighs, that's life I guess.

think about this way, how many of these threads devolve into "wahhh waahhh your side is worse than my side"

both "sides" suck

on that theme

Egypt to strip men married to Israelis of citizenship

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100605/wl_mideast_afp/egyptisraelmarriagecitizenshiptrial_20100605151410

CAIRO (AFP) – A Cairo court on Saturday upheld a ruling to strip Egyptian men married to Israeli women of their citizenship in a case that has highlighted national sentiment towards Israel.

Judge Mohammed al-Husseini, sitting on the Supreme Administrative Court, said the interior ministry must ask the cabinet to take the necessary steps to strip Egyptian men married to Israeli women, and their children, of their citizenship.

Before reading the verdict, Husseini said the case would not apply to Egyptian men married to Arab Israeli women.

"The case for (Egyptian) men married to Israeli Arab women is different to those married to Israeli women of Jewish origin because (Israeli Arabs) have lived under Israeli occupation," Husseini told the court.

What a lovely sentiment. I'm sure that denying these people citizenship is much more likely to make them stop being occupiers of another land. Oh, and it's an extra nice little bit that this ONLY applies to Israeli women of Jewish heritage. I mean it really helps further the argument that some love to make that there is no antisemitic aspect to the anti-Israel position.

Nope ASF, I'm not a crazee, but what else do you call it when the government tries to take over healthcare, does take over our banks, GM, forces Chrysler into bed with Fiat at gunpoint etc? Sounds like Fascism to me, Granted we aren't dicatorship Facism yet (See Mussolini).

The government tried to take over healthcare? Really? When is the Federal government going to start opening hospitals? They took over the banks, really? Then why can't they get the banks to do what the government wants? They forced Chrysler into bed with Fiat at gun point? Really? Pics or it didn't happen. Veretax, seriously, lay off the Glenn Beck sauce it'll rot your brain.

What a lovely sentiment. I'm sure that denying these people citizenship is much more likely to make them stop being occupiers of another land. Oh, and it's an extra nice little bit that this ONLY applies to Israeli women of Jewish heritage. I mean it really helps further the argument that some love to make that there is no antisemitic aspect to the anti-Israel position.

There are many Jews, specifically leftist Jews, here in the US that have an fervent "anti Israel " position. I'm not sure that makes them anti-Semitic. Perhaps just non-zionists.

let's stop caring about their baggage, **** Israel, **** Palestine, not our business, not our problem

think about this way, how many of these threads devolve into "wahhh waahhh your side is worse than my side"

both "sides" suck

That's what happen when you live in the middle of Prosperity.:D

The government tried to take over healthcare? Really? When is the Federal government going to start opening hospitals? They took over the banks, really? Then why can't they get the banks to do what the government wants? They forced Chrysler into bed with Fiat at gun point? Really? Pics or it didn't happen. Veretax, seriously, lay off the Glenn Beck sauce it'll rot your brain.

I little off-topic, I think V is talking about government regulation increasing in our healthcare system(not government opening hospitals). I can't prove that watching Glen Beck rots your brain because mine was rotted before I started watching him.:D

I little off-topic, I think V is talking about government regulation increasing in our healthcare system(not government opening hospitals).

So increasing regulation = take over of health care? Nahh, don't think so, maybe your response should have been, "Yeah V went a bit heavy of the factually unsubstantiated rhetoric there."

I can't prove that watching Glen Beck rots your brain because mine was rotted before I started watching him.:D

Well I was certainly giving Beck viewers the benefit of the doubt regarding the wellness of the brains prior to viewing. :pfft:

There are many Jews, specifically leftist Jews, here in the US that have an fervent "anti Israel " position. I'm not sure that makes them anti-Semitic. Perhaps just non-zionists.

The Ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel have a non-Zionist position as well, that doesn't make them anti-Semitic, it simply means they reject the current state of Israel as the divinely ordained nation. Not that I'm taking up their cause or anything, nor do I wish to be associated with them in any way since they can be nasty buggers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/06/2617502.htm

These people remind me almost to a T of what the Pharisees were like 2,000 years ago. A people so in love with the law that they forget to love their neighbor as themselves, not to mention loving the stranger in the land.

Oh have I forgotten to mention the plans of putting taxes on things like the internet to help keep newspapers a float? Seriously? In a time of economic crisis and what does this administration do? Spend spend spend. Didn't you guys vote for Obama because you wanted this kind of wreckless governing stopped?

And I laugh, because I dont' think I've turned on Glenn Beck in several months. I got kind of tired of his stick. And yes the Government has control over the banks, whether you realize it or not. Why do you think they keep trying to tighten the screws with that "to big to fail bill" that recently passed Congress? Oh but they won't touch the GSEs like fannie and Freddie who were more at fault than the private lending sector for the economic collapse.

And yes they did force Chrysler into bed to Fiat at gun point. I'm sick of bail outs and sick of overspending, period.

So increasing regulation = take over of health care? Nahh, don't think so, maybe your response should have been, "Yeah V went a bit heavy of the factually unsubstantiated rhetoric there."

Well I was certainly giving Beck viewers the benefit of the doubt regarding the wellness of the brains prior to viewing. :pfft:

This is a matter of perception. I was against the TARP program from the start. The Obama bill is exactly the kind of thing that begins that fall into what the Nazis and Fascists did in the mid to late 30s.

Now, I'm going to temper these remarks by saying, that I'm not saying Obama is a Nazi, but his policies are leading further away from the economic and political freedom we have long enjoyed in this country. I am greatly, greatly concerned about it.

Sorry, I wasn't awake enough to catch the sarcasm.

No worries. I've been guilty of missing a few too. :cheers:

Just checking, you know I was referencing the Egyptian article twa just posted and my post had little to do with anything American.

The Obama bill is exactly the kind of thing that begins that fall into what the Nazis and Fascists did in the mid to late 30s.

You mean the Nazis successfully prevented the utter collapse of the world's economy by having the government prop up failed banks?

Or are you claiming that the Nazis subsidized poor people's purchase of private health insurance?

You, sir, are the reason Godwin's Law exists.

This is a matter of perception. I was against the TARP program from the start. The Obama bill is exactly the kind of thing that begins that fall into what the Nazis and Fascists did in the mid to late 30s.

Now, I'm going to temper these remarks by saying, that I'm not saying Obama is a Nazi, but his policies are leading further away from the economic and political freedom we have long enjoyed in this country. I am greatly, greatly concerned about it.

OK, you seriously need to watch this video and if you don't think that this applies to you, then there's nothing more I can do to help you out. Special attention should be given to 1:30, 4:30, and 5:20.

BTW, Larry....

YouHitTheNailOnTheHead.jpg

Former Clinton White House aide Lanny Davis accused Thomas of "an antisemitic rant" and asked whether the White House Correspondents Association would yank her credentials "if she had asked blacks to go back to Africa."

Hell of a strong line and I don't think I disagree. She certainly deserves all the public rebuke she is getting and more.

Archived