Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A movie that DIDN'T suck: Edge of Darkness (feel free to post other surprise "didn't suck" movies)

zoony

Huh, I was actually disappointed in the new Rambo. I went in expecting nothing but bloodshed - instead I got 75 minutes of zzzz and 15 minutes of killing. And, seriously, who makes a 90 minute movie nowadays. I was thinking there would be an other 1/2 hour of Rambo shooting people with a gun that would stop tanks.

Thanks to Netflix recommendations, my last three movies have been:

The Lives of Others (life in East Berlin under the Stasi)

The Pianist (life in Warsaw under the Nazis)

Life is Beautiful (an Italian in a Nazi concentration camp)

All excellent.

Maybe it's time to pick a different genre.

Good Lord man- talk about depressing

(BTW, Might I suggest Inglorious ****s as a happy ending :silly: )

Mel's a racist ham but he always delivers on screen. I watched it last week. Not real good, but "finishable." The ending was kinda dorky though. It was no Michael Clayton.

Wow, usually we have similar taste Chachie. I thought it was much better than "finishable"

Huh, I was actually disappointed in the new Rambo. I went in expecting nothing but bloodshed - instead I got 75 minutes of zzzz and 15 minutes of killing. And, seriously, who makes a 90 minute movie nowadays. I was thinking there would be an other 1/2 hour of Rambo shooting people with a gun that would stop tanks.

No, you're right. I cut too much slack for lots of killing of people I don't like. :)

<edit, I misread that and thought you were saying it was "nothing but killing"> :ols:

(BTW, Might I suggest Inglorious ****s as a happy ending :silly: )

Assuming you mean Inglorious Basterds (the movie with the correct spelling hasn't been seen by many Americans), I'd say it's one of the greatest endings ever...

"Nah. I'll just get chewed out. I've been chewed out before." :ols:

No, you're right. I cut too much slack for lots of killing of people I don't like. :)

<edit, I misread that and thought you were saying it was "nothing but killing"> :ols:

Needed more killing... MUCH more killing. I ain't watching Rambo for the story.

I'm sorry amico, but you must be confused with another movie. Rambo was nothing BUT action. It had the most action out of all the Rambo's I've seen.

I'm sorry amico, but you must be confused with another movie. Rambo was nothing BUT action. It had the most action out of all the Rambo's I've seen.

Maybe I need to rewatch it. I will admit the last scene kicked ass... but, per youtube, the movie could have been 5:53 long as far as I'm concerned.

kXOLjOI0cT0

Wow, usually we have similar taste Chachie. I thought it was much better than "finishable"

Indeed, Sir. :) I think the Boston accent he was sporting threw me off a bit. But I meant to agree with you that it was better than I thought it would be, which is the purpose of the thread. I did like it but maybe Mel's "gimmebackmyson!" routine is growing thin on me.

Oceans, which I expected to be beautifully filmed but otherwise boring and full of Al Gorey-greeny-preachyness, even exceeded my photographic expectations, was more thematically interesting than I predicted (and well narrated by Pierce Brosnan) and had surprisingly minimal and moderate-in-tone appeals to environmental sensitivity (which I actually do support :D).

Needed more killing... MUCH more killing. I ain't watching Rambo for the story.

More people get killed in Rambo than any of the previous films in the series:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/rambo-turns-bloodiest-ever-with-more-than-two-kills-per-minute_10014941.html

Rambo is back, but his return for the fourth time is the bloodiest yet, with a death toll of 236 in 93 minutes.

The fourth instalment, simply called John Rambo, which is written and directed by Sylvester Stallone, is the most violent yet, with more than two on-screen deaths every minute.

There are a total of 236 kills in the 93-minute-long action flick, which has just been released in America, an average of 2.59 each 60 seconds, reports The Sun.

According to movie news site JoBlo ( http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=19456 ), the next closest is Rambo III, with a not-even-close 1.3 kills per minute of film time, and 132 total kills.

You know Zoon, I went to see this movie with my girls cousin and uncle while she was at the baby shower, and it was entertaining as hell. It wasn't a masterpiece and it definitely seemed redundant to plots in some of his other movies but it was a fun movie to watch.

Anyway, some of mine are:

6a00d8341c556453ef00e54f1ad8238833-640wi.jpg

I think its hilarious.

----

tmnt4_2.jpg

Look, it wasn't the TMNT Live Action movie by any means, but it was a well done effort, graphics were great and entertaining to say the least.

----

505396blades-of-glory-posters.jpg

Okay, let me start this off by saying, this movie was terrible but the premise is ludicrous as well. However, if you go into it with that mindset the movie has some very funny points.

Maybe I need to rewatch it. I will admit the last scene kicked ass... but, per youtube, the movie could have been 5:53 long as far as I'm concerned.

kXOLjOI0cT0

Wow. I'm glad I didn't have to suffer through 88 other minutes to get to that "climax". Though that is pretty much the penultimate of Rambo scenes.

I thought the New Rambo movie was gonna be ****ty, on a count of the fact that Stallone is like 63, but the roids definitely helped. Rambo kicked ass, I honestly wish it would've been a little longer, but oh well.

A beautiful symphony of violence. Highest recommendation!

Wow. I'm glad I didn't have to suffer through 88 other minutes to get to that "climax". Though that is pretty much the penultimate of Rambo scenes.

The movie isn't as slow as he is making it out to be. It was pretty action filled.

I just watched Edge of Darkness on Saturday night and it was the bomb. Good action, good story and a tense pace. Gibson's boston accent was annoying though.

Good suggestions here. I will stick with newer movies:

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

Date Night

Outsourced

A Perfect Getaway

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Pandorum

The Box (not great, but not as bad as people acted, worth watching once)

Julie & Julia

Pandorum ROCKED. Crazy ending, Dennis Quaid really played his part well

Archived