Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A movie that DIDN'T suck: Edge of Darkness (feel free to post other surprise "didn't suck" movies)

zoony

I had been putting off seeing this movie for a while. Quite frankly I was expecting it to be crap.

I must say though that I haven't been surprised like this from a movie in a while. Reminded me a lot of Michael Clayton.

It followed a kind of predictable plot to some extent, but it was very well done I thought.

I had been putting off seeing this movie for a while. Quite frankly I was expecting it to be crap.

I must say though that I haven't been surprised like this from a movie in a while. Reminded me a lot of Michael Clayton.

It followed a kind of predictable plot to some extent, but it was very well done I thought.

I almost rented this one last night with the free movie that DTV is giving me for being a long time customer. Still haven't used it yet, so I might check this one out.:cool:

I really liked Punisher: Warzone. Nobody saw it in theaters, and it got such brutal reviews.

I had a lot of fun watching that movie. Though I may be a bit biased as I'm a huge Punisher comic fan. Still, kickass movie from beginning to end. Pure Punisher.

Okay, can we get all of the lame jokes out of the way please. :)

I'd really like to hear about more sleeper movies

I was serious about Black Night. I'm not saying its on the level of Caddyshack - but I found myself not turning it off one day... and actually laughing. Would have figured it was one of the worst movies ever made.

Mel's a racist ham but he always delivers on screen. I watched it last week. Not real good, but "finishable." The ending was kinda dorky though. It was no Michael Clayton.

Thanks to Netflix recommendations, my last three movies have been:

The Lives of Others (life in East Berlin under the Stasi)

The Pianist (life in Warsaw under the Nazis)

Life is Beautiful (an Italian in a Nazi concentration camp)

All excellent.

Maybe it's time to pick a different genre.

I agree, Z, about Darkness, and Rambo. But I'll add Kick-Ass which I thought was going to be semi-lame but was quite a bit better (more fun) than I thought.

Date Night was also like that, and yeah, those last two involved other people choosing the movie. :ols:

I thought the Informant was going to be 'okay' - I loved it. Thought Matt Damon was great.

I love those "tragic fool" characters that stumble to a slow demise right in front of our eyes. What an empty vessel he was. Good flick.

For me, it was Batman Begins and Rambo. I didn't see Batman for over a year after it came out, expecting crap after the last two batmans...I was pleasantly surprised. And Rambo was insanely awesome and a great action flick on it's own, it was believable and the pacing was perfect (short and sweet and a LOT of 50 cal bloodshed). I think it's the best of the Rambos.

Archived