Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What can't you live without?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-Things-We-Cant-Live-usnews-3617536316.html?x=0

I saw this article on Yahoo and wondered what everyone on here couldn't live without.

The Top 10 things on the list are:

Portable Computers

High-speed Internet access

Smart Phones

Education

TV

Movies

Booze

Coffee

Pets

Music Downloads

So what is something that you couldn't live without?

Internet. I use it everyday for almost everything. How to get to places, keeping up with people, work, etc.

When it's down at work I don't know what to do haha.

That was my choice too. I've lived without a BlackBerry until I got mine recently, so I could make do without it. There isn't much on TV I really watch besides sports. But I dunno what to do without the Internet, which IMO, is the greatest invention of all-time.

My health. When it comes down to it, that's all a person needs. We can adapt to not having bullcrap like TV and playstations and blackberries. It's actually pretty surprising how fast one can adapt to not having these things.

EDIT: For convenience purposes, I've found it was hardest for me to adapt to not having internet.

That was my choice too. I've lived without a BlackBerry until I got mine recently, so I could make do without it. There isn't much on TV I really watch besides sports. But I dunno what to do without the Internet, which IMO, is the greatest invention of all-time.

The wheel? Air conditioning?

The wheel? Air conditioning?

Nope its the internet! What can't you do through the internet? Watch TV/Movies, listen to music, talk to people miles away, research, read books, meet new people, get an education, get married, make millions, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Nope its the internet! What can't you do through the internet? Watch TV/Movies, listen to music, talk to people miles away, research, read books, meet new people, get an education, get married, make millions, etc. The possibilities are endless!

The wheel is far more important.

I've been without all the things listed at some point in my life, and I'd say right now living w/out internet access is the most annoying.

Though I don't understand the education option - is that like I have to give back everything I've ever learned at school? Or I can't go to school anymore?

Not to be sappy, but my wife and kids. At this point, I'd really question my ability to live without them. Every so often I try to envision it, and it seems like a pretty empty life.

Prior to them, the Internet. It's how I get stuff done now.

Though I don't understand the education option - is that like I have to give back everything I've ever learned at school? Or I can't go to school anymore?

From the article:

Education. As Kevin and Deanna Daum were spiraling toward bankruptcy in 2009, they decided they could live without their two cars, their two residences, and most niceties. But they insisted on keeping up tuition payments for their son, then a senior at a private high school. Many Americans seems to feel likewise. While data doesn't readily show how much families spend on schooling, many families say they've given up other things in order to protect their kids' education, whether it's private school or college, tutoring, enrichment programs or school-related activities. Private school enrollments fell by less than one percent from 2008 to 2010, and college enrollments have gone up over the last couple of years. That's partly because jobs are scarce, but also because Americans simply value education. "This is an investment that pays off very well," says Sandy Baum, an economist at the College Board. "People are willing to borrow for it and they know that it's shortsighted to forego it."

Archived