Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spokeo.com Holy crap this site knows too much about people

MattFancy

Saw someone on my Facebook post about this website. Holy crap they know alot about me. Have no idea where all the information came from. They do still have that I live my parents, which isn't true. But they know the value of my parent's house, their phone number, an estimate of my credit score, just about everything. You guys should check it out to make sure you're stuff isn't out there.

my wife is on there... they have a lot of her interests correct, but nothing else. says our home is in a "low income" area, without central air and heat, was built in 1982, and is worth over $1 million. lol.

they had a lot about her reading habits, so maybe some of the info comes from amazon-like sites.

I like this site. Things that were correct:

Most of the basic profile except for my zodiac sign and occupation.

Things that were wrong:

That my home is apparently worth 5 times what I think it is.

That I am single

That I somehow live in a "3 Unit Single Family House." Anyone want to explain that?

I like this site. Things that were correct:

Most of the basic profile except for my zodiac sign and occupation.

Things that were wrong:

That my home is apparently worth 5 times what I think it is.

Anyone want to explain that?

Every house seems to worth (in my best Dr. Evil voice) One Million Dollars.

There is a Privacy link at the bottom of the site. Paste the URL of your page and give a valid e-mail address and they will delete your info from their site.

Did that before and it was deleted.

But just saw that I'm back on there :doh:

Still wrong info...unfortunately....would love to be in my million+ dollar house right now

They have me a million dollar + house in a below average neighborhood with no heating or cooling. And have kids. Garbage and I'm never ever filling out another survey that promises not to release you information again.

Not that this is you, but there are plenty of sites on the web that people register for without thinking of what information will be made public. They reigster because they get a link or something in their email and don't think about the harm, and then they are surprised when information shows up in other places.

Again, not saying this is you specifically, but I'm sure it accounts for at least some of the people in this thread.

I know I still get random requests to create a profile on sites like "Where have you been" or something and "Hi5" and other ones that are less popular... in the past there's been stuff like Friendster, Orkut (more popular overseas), Myspace (still popular I guess, not much of a 'past'), Classmates.com, and plenty of others.

Archived