Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On SportsCenter: Drew Rosenhaus "McNabb and Owens are friends again"

OxonHillSkinsFan89

T.O. will be on the market for a long time, I think the redskins should check out what they have with the WRs on the team before they think of bringing in T.O.

One mini-camp is not enough time to evaluate the players

Tell that to the Bills after the millions they paid him.

Huh?

He had 829 yards in the one year he played for them which was best on the team. What's the problem with that? Besides Buffalo doesn't have a QB

TO won't demand millions, he's going to get a million. The guy knows his best days are behind him but we could have Owens, Moss, and Kelly/Thomas as our starting three WR's which would beat the hell out of what we had here last year

i thought the skins could have used TO last year when he went to buffalo.

The guys is over rated and over hyped, even in his prime he was.

But he can be had for cheap, and doesn't cause problems the first year.

Take a flyer on it him and give him a 1 year contract with an option for a 2nd, and he gets paid by incentives.

If he's a bust it was a bad idea, and thats it. If its a hit - then you're lucky. But even if its a bust you lose nothing more than a little pride in thinking you were outsmarting everyone else.

now if Owens could only run and produce big plays like he did 4 or 5 years ago :)

at 36, this guy is over the hill. he is a glorified possession receiver.

that's why no one but Buffalo wanted him last year in free agency. he dropped more passes that last year in Dallas than any starting wideout.

In 2009 Owens had receptions of 43, 39, 46, 98, 51 & 41. He also had a 29 yard rush for a TD. He averaged 3 yards more a catch than our big play guy...Santana Moss.

Yeah, he's a bonafide Antwan Randel El. :ols:

:doh:

Obviously he would've been good, eight years ago, if he were used correctly and weren't a distraction regardless of what team he was on.

people grow up and mature. look at what happened with randy moss in new england. a change in culture and a little winning does a LOT to help these guys become team players. if shanahan think they could keep him under control and use him effectively, then i'm all for it.

I think it is possible to get TO because Shanahan has already proven he won't take crap from anybody. Shanahan can definitely put some disciplinary actions down if anything goes wrong. But if TO takes a while to sign here because he wants to wear #81, then he really hasn't changed.

people grow up and mature. look at what happened with randy moss in new england. a change in culture and a little winning does a LOT to help these guys become team players. if shanahan think they could keep him under control and use him effectively, then i'm all for it.

Moss hasn't matured.

He gives up on plays when he's not happy. he did it a lot last year.

and Owens hasn't matured either.

If you think its a good idea to get him, be honest about it. But don't try to BS us with this 'he's matured' or 'he can still be an impact player'.

He's a WR thats better than a lot of WR's, but he's not 'great', he's past his prime (which was over rated to begin with), and he's a child.

Lets not kid ourselves. We've been making fun of other franchise in the same division over the past 8 years or whatever fo rhaving this guy. He didn't magically change.

The differnence is they were invested in him, and waited to long to kick him to curb.

if we do it right we can kick him to curb at the first sign of trouble w/o any penalty.

Moss hasn't matured.

He gives up on plays when he's not happy. he did it a lot last year.

and Owens hasn't matured either.

If you think its a good idea to get him, be honest about it. But don't try to BS us with this 'he's matured' or 'he can still be an impact player'.

He's a WR thats better than a lot of WR's, but he's not 'great', he's past his prime (which was over rated to begin with), and he's a child.

Lets not kid ourselves. We've been making fun of other franchise in the same division over the past 8 years or whatever fo rhaving this guy. He didn't magically change.

The differnence is they were invested in him, and waited to long to kick him to curb.

if we do it right we can kick him to curb at the first sign of trouble w/o any penalty.

well, i never said he has matured, i hinted that he could mature. and i said i want him here IF shanahan thinks he could be used effectively and keep him under control.

would it be hard to stomach seeing him here after philly and dallas? definitely. but just like with McNabb, i could care less if it could help us win.

"He and the Redskins wold be a great fit" translates to "Please sign him because no one else seems interested and I have only made serious money once from him even though I've made myself to be an asshat in the public eye."

Besides, he would want to wear #81. Pass.

First of all he would have to understand that #81 is off limits to him and anyone else. That number is as good as retired.

London Fletcher is a solid character guy and a solid player. If Fletch is open to him coming here maybe he would be open to mentoring TO on how to be a good teammate and leader.

HTTR

I think Drew Rosenhaus doing this is an act of desperation on his part. If anything was close or being considered he wouldn't have had to do this.

If we DID sign him we'd have Mcnabb with an axe to grind with Philly, TO with an axe to grind with Dallas, now we just need a disgruntled former Giant.

Huh?

He complained most of the second-half of the season that he was being used as a decoy. His first year. 5 TD's, regardless the yardage. Well over $1m per TD and the guy still complained, all in his first year.

There's no need for him. He will become a pain in the ass eventually and it's just not worth it at this stage in his career.

I'm pretty much against the idea, we have enough young receivers to develop without worrying about this guy. Plus, I can't imagine mixing him, Haynesworth, Larry Johnson, Portis, Rogers, Hall (to some degree)...it reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns has every disease known to man but they're all stuck in the doorway. The whole thing could topple at any moment.

If they do sign him, it has to be incentive laden and behavioral.

Also, if I were the Giants, I'd be careful. This makes 3 NFC East teams, Owens might have his sights set on them next.

UPDATE for those who are actually curious about the rumors: Geoff Mosher, Eagles beat reporter for The News Journal, tweets that:

1) I'm told by a reliable source that ESPN reports of Donovan McNabb lobbying for Terrell Owens in DC are highly exaggerated.

2) "Said the source: "Amazing how Donovan gets dragged into this because they played a basketbal game together."

So that's that. I hope.

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/20/...-less-explode/

UPDATE for those who are actually curious about the rumors: Geoff Mosher, Eagles beat reporter for The News Journal, tweets that:

1) I'm told by a reliable source that ESPN reports of Donovan McNabb lobbying for Terrell Owens in DC are highly exaggerated.

2) "Said the source: "Amazing how Donovan gets dragged into this because they played a basketbal game together."

So that's that. I hope.

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/20/...-less-explode/

This like the 5th time this has been posted and I'll ask AGAIN. How can this story be exaggerated? Either McNabb asked the FO to look into signing Owens or he didn't.

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Does anybody else feel like we're turning into the football version of the Celtics of a few years ago? I guess I'd be happy with it if it ACTUALLY resulted in wins and a shot @ a championship....

Dude since I've been a fan of this team ( 15 years ) we have'nt done ****.If we win a championship, I'd be stoked for about 30 years.

Archived