Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On SportsCenter: Drew Rosenhaus "McNabb and Owens are friends again"

OxonHillSkinsFan89

SPEED

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlUnoJ3bxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlUnoJ3bxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He lead them in catches and yards and was second (by 2) in touchdowns despite their musical chair situation at QB. Not a huge year but wasn't bad all things considered. If our coaches/players like him I can deal with TO for a year or two.

Then you're a better man than me, I don't want him anywhere our organization!

Huh?

He had 829 yards in the one year he played for them which was best on the team. What's the problem with that? Besides Buffalo doesn't have a QB

TO won't demand millions, he's going to get a million. The guy knows his best days are behind him but we could have Owens, Moss, and Kelly/Thomas as our starting three WR's which would beat the hell out of what we had here last year

Nice response, the Bills sighn the guy cheap for one year, and produced better numbers than any of our WRs ON THE BILLS!!!!

Not to mention all it would take if we sighn TO is a good press conference... Such as. Hi I'm TO and am happy to be back with Mcnabb, get your popcorn ready and hail to the Redskins, and 95% of the people against the idea would switch sides I guarantee it!

The Bills paid Owens $6.5M last year for 829 receiving yards.

At age 36 this guy is a short-timer and is looking to maximize his salary for 2010 before the lockout in 2011.

I would not fall for his schtick in playing up to McNabb, he is merely hoping the Redskins will ante up say $4M or $5M on a one year deal for him since there is such little interest from anyone else of note.

The Bills paid Owens $6.5M last year for 829 receiving yards.

At age 36 this guy is a short-timer and is looking to maximize his salary for 2010 before the lockout in 2011.

I would not fall for his schtick in playing up to McNabb, he is merely hoping the Redskins will ante up say $4M or $5M on a one year deal for him since there is such little interest from anyone else of note.

Exactly. I also don't think it would make the team any better and if we end up having a losing season do you really want to listen to TO all year?

Maybe he could help us.

Maybe he 's changed.

Maybe he could teach our recievers something.

OR

Maybe he's still the same self centered cancer that hes been since his 49er days. I really dont want this to happen. I think it is a huge mistake. But hey...what do I know?

Dan got me. I will be purchasing my T.O. jersey exactly 10 minutes after I read the news that it's a lock. First Donny5 bomb to T.O. week 1 against Dallas for an 85yrd touchdown is going to be one of the most electrifying things in sports history...haha

No offense, but nobody gives a damn what us fans think, if Shanahan believees TO can help us win, then I'm all for it. I am willing to trust in every move Shanny makes until proven otherwise.

How much of a track record does a HC have to put up to prove he is not a personnel genius? Denver's defense was completely horrible and bereft of any talent (outside of C Bailey) when he was fired in Denver. He is a great coach, but he needs to be kept on a leash personnel wise..... Are we supposed to just forget about his time in Oakland and Denver after Elway and TD retired?

I don't want TO. I laughed so hard at Philly and Dallas fans when they had him (in his prime) I don't want to have them laughing even harder when we sign TO in decline.....

How the **** would this move help us build a better team? This is another stupid quick fix solution and I can't believe how many of you all are falling for it. Remember earlier when everyone said "i'm fine if the skins struggle for a year or two as long as they're smart with their investments and develop their own stars, rather than getting ones from other teams." Remember the whole "were not one player away from the super bowl" posts?

So far the big names weve brought in have been incentive laden and low risk, and they're here to motivate OUR guys to work harder. McNabb I can deal with, but if we brought in TO it honestly wouldn't even feel like I was rooting for the redskins this season.

How the **** would this move help us build a better team? This is another stupid quick fix solution and I can't believe how many of you all are falling for it. Remember earlier when everyone said "i'm fine if the skins struggle for a year or two as long as they're smart with their investments and develop their own stars, rather than getting ones from other teams." Remember the whole "were not one player away from the super bowl" posts?

So far the big names weve brought in have been incentive laden and low risk, and they're here to motivate OUR guys to work harder. McNabb I can deal with, but if we brought in TO it honestly wouldn't even feel like I was rooting for the redskins this season.

I feel ya. But tell me this, what happens when your at the home opener or watching on tv vs Dallas and it's looking something like this. Looking like 3 and 10 on your our own 15 yard line and Donny5 drops back to pass, takes a look at Moss, glances at Chris Cooley in the corner, then makes a final read to T.O. running a post across the middle and hits him for an 85 yard BOMB and we go up 14-0? I bet it would give you a different feeling of rooting for the skins. T.O. comes cheap......no harm, no foul. We have to many leaders in the locker room and a highly respected coaching staff.

On ESPN right now.

said No to TO - exact words

Shanahan on McNabb-T.O. just now: "We made the decision as an organization not to go in that direction. ... We will not go in that direction now."

Terrell Owens will NEVER don the burgundy and gold:point2sky

I feel ya. But tell me this, what happens when your at the home opener or watching on tv vs Dallas and it's looking something like this. Looking like 3 and 10 on your our own 15 yard line and Donny5 drops back to pass, takes a look at Moss, glances at Chris Cooley in the corner, then makes a final read to T.O. running a post across the middle and hits him for an 85 yard BOMB and we go up 14-0? I bet it would give you a different feeling of rooting for the skins. T.O. comes cheap......no harm, no foul. We have to many leaders in the locker room and a highly respected coaching staff.

I wouldn't feel like i was rooting for the skins. And tell me, what happens in week 7 when TO starts complaining that were spreading the ball around to our young recievers instead of him? Or next year when we gave him 2/3 of the passes and we still don't know how good any of our young, homegrown talent is?

I wouldn't feel like i was rooting for the skins. And tell me, what happens in week 7 when TO starts complaining that were spreading the ball around to our young recievers instead of him? Or next year when we gave him 2/3 of the passes and we still don't know how good any of our young, homegrown talent is?

It's pretty simple actually.......Mike Shanahan is our coach. London Fletcher, ect wouldn't take it. T.O. would be suspended per the clause in his contract just like the Bills had.

Archived