Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On SportsCenter: Drew Rosenhaus "McNabb and Owens are friends again"

OxonHillSkinsFan89

This like the 5th time this has been posted and I'll ask AGAIN. How can this story be exaggerated? Either McNabb asked the FO to look into signing Owens or he didn't.

Pretty easy.

He could have casually mentioned, "yeah, I wouldn't mind playing with T.O. again, if you want to sign him you have my blessing."

Or.

He could have demanded like a girl on her sweet 16th birthday who wants a pony to have him signed ASAP.

Big difference in the two.

Pretty easy.

He could have casually mentioned, "yeah, I wouldn't mind playing with T.O. again, if you want to sign him you have my blessing."

Or.

He could have demanded like a girl on her sweet 16th birthday who wants a pony to have him signed ASAP.

Big difference in the two.

If the first is true then I don't really see this as greatly exaggerating the story. McNabb is smart enough to know that's a loaded question. IMO that's lobbying to bring in TO.

This like the 5th time this has been posted and I'll ask AGAIN. How can this story be exaggerated? Either McNabb asked the FO to look into signing Owens or he didn't.

Your right, I believe he's saying it's exaggerated because there is no proof and the media is assuming Mcnabb wants TO because they saw them together at a charity bball game.

There is a difference between being willing to discuss the ramifications of any scenario, from sublime to ridiculous, that one can conceive of (part of the typical message board atmosphere) and discussing said scenario (complete with high-emotive response) from a position like it's a reality actually occurring when it hasn't and there's no evidence that the likelihood is high and the event eminent. The latter dynamic suggests a lot of odd noggin-action, to me. :D

If it does, I'm a supporter.

I've got faith in Shanahan and Allen. If they think he can contribute, it'll only make our offense that much better, and with our defense already being solid, we could be looking at playoffs.

I think the presence of Owens, if he's successful in the first 3 weeks of the season, will open things exponentially for Moss, Kelly, and Thomas. Especially Thomas who could stand to learn a thing or two from guys like Owens and McCardell.

Maybe we could also get David Lee Roth to do play by play from the booth at the stadium. I think that would be a lot more fun...

Give him a shot, if he improves the O its a good deal. If he starts up, send 'em out to the Dead Tree Crew...they'll know what do with him.

McNabb wants to win and he wants to score some TD,s.

TO can catch and score!!!

I'm pretty much against the idea, we have enough young receivers to develop without worrying about this guy. Plus, I can't imagine mixing him, Haynesworth, Larry Johnson, Portis, Rogers, Hall (to some degree)...it reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns has every disease known to man but they're all stuck in the doorway. The whole thing could topple at any moment.

If they do sign him, it has to be incentive laden and behavioral.

Also, if I were the Giants, I'd be careful. This makes 3 NFC East teams, Owens might have his sights set on them next.

He'll be a Redskin by the end of the week.

I certainly hope not, though after signing McNabb nothing would shock me anymore. I was thinking maybe after all these years, Snyder finally got it, but we seem to be regressing again. It's all about getting "names" and overpaying them and pissing away draft picks a'la George Allen

Do you want to be 4 wins or ala Allen and win some games!

I certainly hope not, though after signing McNabb nothing would shock me anymore. I was thinking maybe after all these years, Snyder finally got it, but we seem to be regressing again. It's all about getting "names" and overpaying them and pissing away draft picks a'la George Allen

interesting. while i think it brings a LOT of potential problems... TO could help this team a whole lot if we use him correctly and dont let him become a distraction.

And if my grandmother had wheels she would be a wagon.

How do you not let TO "become a distraction?"

Listening to Rosenhaus, I got the impression that the Redskins had not given him any indication that they were interested. He kept saying how TO would want to play there and how Drew has "reached out" to the Redskins on TO's behalf several times. I just didn't get the impression that the Skins were showing much interest if any at all.

I don't think I could stand it to have McNabb throwing the ball to TO in burgundy and gold. Seriously, that's just a little too much.

Listening to Rosenhaus, I got the impression that the Redskins had not given him any indication that they were interested. He kept saying how TO would want to play there and how Drew has "reached out" to the Redskins on TO's behalf several times. I just didn't get the impression that the Skins were showing much interest if any at all.

I don't think I could stand it to have McNabb throwing the ball to TO in burgundy and gold. Seriously, that's just a little too much.

All I think of when I see T.O. is him getting smashed by S*21*T on a regular basis! I honestly don't ever want to see that loud mouthed overbearing trash near our uniform! I think I'm gonna be sick until this rumor goes out the window!

Tell that to the Bills after the millions they paid him.

He lead them in catches and yards and was second (by 2) in touchdowns despite their musical chair situation at QB. Not a huge year but wasn't bad all things considered. If our coaches/players like him I can deal with TO for a year or two.

Archived