Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donovan McNabb: 'I'd Like To Thank The Ungrateful, Over-Expecting,Oftentimes-Racist Fans Of Philadelphia' (The Onion)

drums and skins

This is too funny.

I've always liked McNabb and never understood why he was so unappreciated in Philly. I'm glad we got his happy go lucky self here in Washington D.C. Keep smiling and cracking jokes, Donovan!

PS: I'd like a cheeseburger with that onion if you don't mind, OP. :ols:

As an Eagles fan living in VA I never understood that either Alot of vocal fans and the media seem to think it's always the QB's fault. It's like they don't understand football and McNabb has control if the head coach decides to pass 99% of the time. They think McNabb is the one who decided to have average at best WR's for many year's, or to get rid of vets who can still play for young players who are unproven. For 11 year's we took making the playoff's as a given because we had McNabb and now the same fans that wanted Kolb and are happy McNabb is gone will be the same ones ****ing when we show our age this year or if Kolb fails.

As a McNabb fan I hope he shuts those fans up because they are annoying as hell and make the good fans look bad. Believe it or not there are Eagles fans who love McNabb, who underdstand everything he did and will miss him.

BTW I posted the article on the Eagles Message Board and I bet most will cry about it and try to blame McNabb for it.

:rotflmao:

It's funny 'cause it's true :ols::ols:

no it's not. but it is reflective of shallow thinking at ES to get onboard with a bigoted post that slams 100s of thousands of people - an entire city in fact. one with, oh btw, a diverse fanbase. this is the sort of BS pot stirring that I hope gets these people and their families one day on the short end of justice themselves.

As an Eagles fan living in VA I never understood that either Alot of vocal fans and the media seem to think it's always the QB's fault. It's like they don't understand football and McNabb has control if the head coach decides to pass 99% of the time. They think McNabb is the one who decided to have average at best WR's for many year's, or to get rid of vets who can still play for young players who are unproven. For 11 year's we took making the playoff's as a given because we had McNabb and now the same fans that wanted Kolb and are happy McNabb is gone will be the same ones ****ing when we show our age this year or if Kolb fails.

As a McNabb fan I hope he shuts those fans up because they are annoying as hell and make the good fans look bad. Believe it or not there are Eagles fans who love McNabb, who underdstand everything he did and will miss him.

BTW I posted the article on the Eagles Message Board and I bet most will cry about it and try to blame McNabb for it.

Have a link to where you posted it? I'm curious about what their fans have to say about it :D

I will go further. I think he is going to look good in direct comparison to Kevin Kolb.
I hope so, but one thing about this trade that worries me: The Feebles must have seen something in Kolb or Vick to bet that McNabb wouldn't look as good, for them to trade him to US.

no it's not. but it is reflective of shallow thinking at ES to get onboard with a bigoted post that slams 100s of thousands of people - an entire city in fact. one with, oh btw, a diverse fanbase. this is the sort of BS pot stirring that I hope gets these people and their families one day on the short end of justice themselves.

wow. just wow.

I hope so, but one thing about this trade that worries me: The Feebles must have seen something in Kolb or Vick to bet that McNabb wouldn't look as good, for them to trade him to US.

I don't know about that. The Eagles are notorious for dumping quality vets for younger guys. Not necessarily to division rivals, I'll grant you, but otherwise this fits their MO.

The Eagles, for all the talk and love the media has given them, have also been a very lucky franchise the past decade, and luck will only get you so far. Look at how bad the NFC as a whole, never mind the NFC East was when they were getting most of their winning in. Alas, the luck ran out when it got to the championships though. I think they're due for a major amount of luck-shortage right about now.

As to the article, I laughed loudly. I really like the last line.

22.gif

The Eagles signing of Michael Vick last year makes no sense to me. He didn't contribute ANYTHING last year and it was clear at least in retrospect that Kolb was going to be the successor to McNabb in the long-run.

This offseason the Eagles wanted someone to give them a pick or player for a 31 year old quarterback who hasn't played regularly in almost 3 years and who was out of shape in 2009.

Looking back Vick's stats didn't look that good in Atlanta when he was getting as much pub as McNabb, even though it is clear McNabb is in a class of quarterback that Vick can never hope to ascend to.

Now the Eagles have sunk enough bonus dollars into Vick in 2 years they could have signed a regular in free agency at a position of true need.

These guys are a stubborn bunch. They refused to cut Vick when a market for his services failed to develop.

So, he will be back as the backup.

This makes for a very unstable qb situation. Kolb has not proven he can lead a team for 16 games. And if Kolb performs well but goes down the team is left with a backup who hasn't shown he can still be anywhere near effective.

Philly fans have a well deserved reputation that is constantly visible in the stands of every professional sports team in their city. I'm sick and tired of the apologists who say "every team has their knucklheads".

BS.

When fans of teams who aren't even in our conference, let alone division, from an opposite coast of the country have horrifying stories of philly fans in general (not just in football) there comes a time when that tired excuse has worn out its effectivness.

This Onion article is hilarious, because it is more truth than satire. The racist thing may not be entirely true, but I accept the rest as common knowledge of fact.

Philly fans have a well deserved reputation that is constantly visible in the stands of every professional sports team in their city. I'm sick and tired of the apologists who say "every team has their knucklheads".

BS.

When fans of teams who aren't even in our conference, let alone division, from an opposite coast of the country have horrifying stories of philly fans in general (not just in football) there comes a time when that tired excuse has worn out its effectivness.

This Onion article is hilarious, because it is more truth than satire. The racist thing may not be entirely true, but I accept the rest as common knowledge of fact.

yes....I get it...you have no leg to stand on other than your own prejuidices......nothing like standing on "facts" that ES so prides itself on. but how apropos a day and age when incipient fascism is applauded!!! don't like some group? well then...abstract the whole lot and label them racists! what a pathetic society we have "evolved" into.

btw..I have several friends....black friends...who served in the Marine Corps and the Navy for full careers. some wanted McNabb gone...some didn't. who are the racists in that "group"? or is this special Onion missive targeted not at Iggles fans, but just white Iggles fans? be careful now when running for the pitch and tar.

yes....I get it...you have no leg to stand on other than your own prejuidices......nothing like standing on "facts" that ES so prides itself on. but how apropos a day and age when incipient fascism is applauded!!! don't like some group? well then...abstract the whole lot and label them racists! what a pathetic society we have "evolved" into.

Wow, you've completely ignored what he said and instead decided that dropping the world "racists" in an absolutely abysmal response, on top of using large words to try and make yourself seem superior, was better then actually countering what he said (or what anyone said for that matter). Way to go, mate. :ols:

no...pinhead...I object to the logic. do I have to explain in BIG BLOCK LETTERS?

the Onion is simply playing to prejuidices and is as guilty as their supposed targets of manipulating the message. the ES crowd simply played into it.

as for the rest...I can't be held accountable for the limits of your education. not my problem.

Archived