Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Irrelevant will go to the Redskins...

SkinsGuru

look at AdamJT13's blog (the link you have up) it just says:

Washington (non-compensatory pick)

I don't think we're getting any this year. I can't recall, but who did we lose (through free agency) last year that went somewhere else and contributed?

Edit: Also from his blog

Washington — The Redskins lost only one player who will qualify (Demetric Evans). They signed one who definitely will qualify (Albert Haynesworth) and two others who are on the bubble. Even if neither of the bubble players qualifies, Haynesworth's value is far greater than Evans' value, so the Redskins would not get a "net value" pick.

I don't think we're getting any this year. I can't recall, but who did we lose (through free agency) last year that went somewhere else and contributed?

Read further and it states that this year a total of 32 picks may not be handed out.

Thus they will dish out more picks (until they get to 32) to the worst records, which is why he projects us to recieve one.

Read further and it states that this year a total of 32 picks may not be handed out.

Thus they will dish out more picks (until they get to 32) to the worst records, which is why he projects us to recieve one.

That still doesn't mean we get one. Simply says, if less than 32 picks are given out, teams such as Rams, Browns, Lions, Redskins and possibly the Texans could be in contention for non-comp picks

Either way, that 6th pick could turn out to be a solid player. So it would be nice

That still doesn't mean we get one. Simply says, if less than 32 picks are given out, teams such as Rams, Browns, Lions, Redskins and possibly the Texans could be in contention for non-comp picks

Either way, that 6th pick could turn out to be a solid player. So it would be nice

I understand that we aren't guarentueed to get one. I also believe we won't.

But, just stating how and why he projected us to get one.

I feel like this would be useless anyways. I think by the 6th and 7th rounds, each team has their own different draft boards and the race to get the best players is done, since most of the players left are there to fit needs/schemes and are off a pretty similar talent level. Whoever we pick with this potential 6th pick can probably be had as an undrafted free agent anyways.

I feel like this would be useless anyways. I think by the 6th and 7th rounds, each team has their own different draft boards and the race to get the best players is done, since most of the players left are there to fit needs/schemes and are off a pretty similar talent level. Whoever we pick with this potential 6th pick can probably be had as an undrafted free agent anyways.

Well if we have the last pick of any pick we make would have been available in Free Agency. That said the Redskins have had a good record with Mr irrelevent (Although they didn't keep him for themselves).

Well if we have the last pick of any pick we make would have been available in Free Agency. That said the Redskins have had a good record with Mr irrelevent (Although they didn't keep him for themselves).

Matt Elliot (1992)? Bo Bogovich (1943)?

Our only two Mr. Irrelevants.

Demetric Evans played in 14 games last year. I dunno if that will help?

Not worthless, because it's not as if all the undrafted free agents are there for the picking. At the very least, this allows the Skins to get one of the UFAs from the draft that they feel a number of other teams might also be interested in obtaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived