Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russia unveils top secret new fighter

nonniey

And in other News

"Russia on Friday unveiled a new fighter aircraft touted as a rival of the US F-22 stealth jet and developed amid the highest secrecy as part of a plan to modernize the armed forces.

The fifth generation fighter, manufactured by the Sukhoi company and known as the PAK FA, made a maiden flight of just over 45 minutes at the firm's home base of Komsomolsk-on-Amur in the Far East region........"

Click link below for entire article

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g1pM1xcmleffdDk4xv1LGakTO_Cw

I can tell you right now there's no way this aircraft rivals the F22. Just look at the pictures. No stealth technology that you can see. No to mention what makes the F22 so dominant isn't the airframe as much as the advanced software/targeting system. The stealth technology helps keep it hidden while it picks up targets miles away, engages and neutralizes them.

The dogfights from top gun don't exist with the F22. Not saying it can't outmanuever and fight like that but it doesn't have to. It sneaks up on you and pounces when you least expect it, most the time you won't even know you're dead until you're dead.

How come that Russian ex-commander was in an F-22? Is that normal?

We are rather friendly,besides it feeds the loop of the arms races.:evilg:

Zoed is correct as usual,the advanced software/targeting and missile technology are the real difference makers

I can tell you from you now that there's no way this aircraft rivals the F22. Just look at the pictures. No stealth technology that you can see. No to mention what makes the F22 so dominant isn't the airframe as much as the advanced software/targeting system. The stealth technology helps keep it hidden while it picks up targets miles away, engages and neutralizes them.

The dogfights from top gun don't exist with the F22. Not saying it can't outmanuever and fight like that but it doesn't have to. It sneaks up on you and pounces when you least expect it, most the time you won't even know you're dead until you're dead.

And we also have the JSF too.

How come that Russian ex-commander was in an F-22? Is that normal?

Unfortunately it's possible. We train a lot of foreign pilots at Nellis AFB and although I doubt very seriously he flew one, he most likely sat in one. Don't know how you can make an assessment of how an aircraft flies by sitting in it though. We don't have a two seat version of the F22 so I serioulsy doubt he was put in one and allowed to fly it. Simulator maybe?

I wouldn't mock Russian ingenuity,they do more with less than most.

Plus they've always worked with the mentality that quantity is better than quality, if they can simply overwhelm you then they don't need the best technology, think Korean war waves of Chinese rushing the US positions, you shoot until you run out of ammo, then what?

Plus they've always worked with the mentality that quantity is better than quality, if they can simply overwhelm you then they don't need the best technology, think Korean war waves of Chinese rushing the US positions, you shoot until you run out of ammo, then what?
Then Will Smith crashes his plane into a cliff.

Ironically, it was a Soviet Scientist who invented stealth technology

Russians,German and Jewish scientists have acquitted themselves very well in our nations history(not to shortchange any others)

I blame freedom and funding;)

Anyone have a cost comparison? What did it cost to produce ours and price per plane compared to that? For some reason I get the feeling that everytime our military buys anything we are getting a Rolls Royce, which we all agree is very nice, for the price of a cruise liner.

Archived