Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put the Damn Phone Down, Idiot!

Ghost of

We need to stop hand cuffing Darwin. Let the stupid people do these stupid things. then we can all laugh when we drive by and they are burning to death in a fiery wreck.

I'd consider agreement except the entire first post I made emphasized how she almost crashed into me while doing her texting thing. :cool2:

It's been illegal to utilize cell phones in Ontario for a few months now. Everything HAS to be hands-free.

But before that.... it was my own personal philosophy that if I ever got into an accident with a person because they were on their cell phone.... I would get out of the car and bludgeon them with it. Man, women or teenager.

It's been illegal to utilize cell phones in Ontario for a few months now. Everything HAS to be hands-free.

But before that.... it was my own personal philosophy that if I ever got into an accident with a person because they were on their cell phone.... I would get out of the car and bludgeon them with it. Man, women or teenager.

What about that six year old who stole his mama's car so he could drive himself to school while his mama was passed out drunk. Would you have a problem beat him if you discovered he was talking on his cell phone?

I'm probably in the minority here but I think we should encourage cell phone usage while driving. Also encourage putting on make up, reading a book, doing your taxes, or anything else you can think of.

We need to stop hand cuffing Darwin. Let the stupid people do these stupid things. then we can all laugh when we drive by and they are burning to death in a fiery wreck.

It could actually solve a lot of the countries problems. Cut down on over population. And think of all the jobs that would be opened up!

While a great concept, it doesn't account for the innocent, higher-end beings that the r-tards will take out while text driving.

• 6 months later...

I just got in a hug argumnet with a buddy last weekend, we were on our way to a movie and he takes out his blackberry and starts googling showtimes, he started while we were at a red light but he kept it up afterwards! then he texted his girlfriend back while driving.

I finally took his phone away from him threw it into the back seat and told him to watch the damn road, he started yelling that it was his car and he would do what he wanted , so I asked him to drop me off at the next light and went home.

He cant understand why I was so irked about texting while driving ffs.

Yesterday 5:30am Industrial Blvd and 123 in McLean.

Guy turns left onto Industrial but cuts it too sharp and is now going down the turn lane on MY Side of the road. I am freaked out and trying to get over but there is a white panel truck next to me so we pass about 8 inches apare.

He was on the phone.

When we passed he had no idea he was on the wrong side..

Last summer I was about enter onto the ramp towards 495 from 267 when a guy with one of those hotel shuttle buses nearly ran me off the road. He started entering my lane without even looking and I had to swerve out quickly into the shoulder. About five minutes later, I overtake him on 495 only to see his talking on his cell phone. :doh:

• 1 month later...

Richmond police chief rear-ended by driver fiddling with her cell phone

It's bad enough to get in a crash while fiddling with a cell phone, but a motorist in Richmond had even worse luck Friday. Not only did she rear-end the driver in front of her -- he turned out to be the city's chief of police.

The 58-year-old woman, a Pinole resident, driving about 15 mph with her head down and holding a cell phone, approached a red light behind an unmarked city of Richmond police car on San Pablo Avenue near MacDonald Avenue about 9 a.m. Friday, police Chief Chris Magnus said.

"I was sitting there at the light, and I saw her creeping up behind me. She had her head down, looking at the phone," Magnus said. He had already encountered the woman in the exit of a nearby Target store, where she had been sitting in her car focused on the phone to the point where the he had to honk his horn to get her to move, he said.

The woman's car, a 2006 Honda Element, hit the 2008 Chevy Impala Magnus was driving, causing minor damage to the back of the Impala and the front of the Element, police said. No one was injured.

Like anyone involved in a fender bender, Magnus called the police. The woman told the officers who responded that she was looking down to find her Bluetooth hands-free device and that was why she was distracted.

The woman could not be reached for comment; the Times is not identifying her because she was not cited.

About 5,500 people died in crashes in 2009 because of distracted driving nationwide, and talking or texting on a cell phone is the No. 1 source of driver distraction, according to California's Office of Traffic Safety.

Click on the link for the full article

I completely sick of cell phones. I'm sick of those idiots who thank they are the only people in the world talking or texting on their phones while driving. I'm sick of the people in the stores holding up lines because they can't get off their phones. I'm sick of the little preteens walking around with their phones & acting like they're someone important. I'm sick of those little punk nerds that walk around with their camera phones & try to sneak pictures up women's dresses. Also I'm sick of people that everytime I go to a game they are constantly calling ot texting someone. You idiots I've got a message for you: If the person you are texting actually gives a crap about the game they are probably watching it & don't want some moron constantly interupting them with text messages. I've got a place everyone of these people can stick their phones, I just can't put that word on here.

Yesterday while riding in the back of a Baltimore County police cruiser, the officer and I spotted a young lady driving on 695 southbound, going about 70mph, texting with both hands and focusing so much on the phone she did not notice that the cop was tagging along with her giving her cold stares. He couldn't pull her over since he was transferring me but told me he could have ticketed her with negligent driving and endangerment or something along that line.

People do this in NYC walking as well. It's just as hazardous. Basically, if you don't move out of their way, it's your fault they walked into you, despite the fact that they're not paying attention to their surroundings at all. You add a car into the mix and you get disaster.

Archived