Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Winter Olympics Thread

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Thought it was a great opening ceremony

Looking forward to some action tomorrow. The shame is no US hockey games so far scheduled on NBC. And for a poor college student such as myself who can't afford cable this means watching Team USA online

Go get em Team USA

It's an omen. Canada's games are going to be a big flop.
3/4 ain't bad. That's only 25% flop.
wheres the security guarding Gretzky as hes riding through the city? those people could have smacked him if they wanted :ols:
He was armed with a flaming torch and the most accurate slap shot in the history of hockey. He had it under control.

:gr8:

Can someone tell me which channels will be showing the games? Obviously NBC, but which of their cable affiliates will be showing events?

Trying to wade thru NBCs website to find out is very frustrating. From what I can see on there, all we'll get today is their 3 hour show tonight, and I HATE that stuff. They show 2 or 3 people compete in an event, then go to interviews and talking heads talking about things we're not seeing.

Last night I turned on coverage at 7. I saw 90 minutes of people TALKING about what would happen, and four jumps from the qualifying round of ski jumping. FOUR.

NBC has at least 6 cable channels, they spent 800+ million to get the games, admit they'll take a loss in bringing them to us, and they would rather try to wrap up an entire day's worth of events in a 3 hour show in primetime.

Frustrating.

~Bang

Can someone tell me which channels will be showing the games? Obviously NBC, but which of their cable affiliates will be showing events?

Trying to wade thru NBCs website to find out is very frustrating. From what I can see on there, all we'll get today is their 3 hour show tonight, and I HATE that stuff. They show 2 or 3 people compete in an event, then go to interviews and talking heads talking about things we're not seeing.

Last night I turned on coverage at 7. I saw 90 minutes of people TALKING about what would happen, and four jumps from the qualifying round of ski jumping. FOUR.

NBC has at least 6 cable channels, they spent 800+ million to get the games, admit they'll take a loss in bringing them to us, and they would rather try to wrap up an entire day's worth of events in a 3 hour show in primetime.

Frustrating.

~Bang

MSNBC will play some of the US hockey games, and USA other games.

Think Bravo is having some Olympic content too.

Sounds like I missed something. What happened?

They had 4 people there waiting to light the cauldron and it was supposed to be lit by way of 4 pillars coming out of the stage....they all stood there for a while while nothing really happened, but you could see that only 3 of the stage doors were opening. Eventually they just put up 3 of the pillars and lit it, but never could get the 4th one up.

Ski jumping is so cool.

Does anyone know what all the dark colored chaff is in the landing area? It's all over the ground at the red and blue stripes. It can't be debris of any kind, I'd think that would be dangerous. Are they sensors for distance?

~Bang

Archived