Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Winter Olympics Thread

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

37 medals..most ever in Winter Olympic history. So what if we lost to Canada in hockey. 37 medals overall :point2sky

yeah but the Canadians got the most gold medals EVER...

both US and Canada had great olympics...

anyways did anyone else here that if ESPN wins the bid for the coverage of next olympics... regardless of what time the games are on.. ESPN's network of channels will carry every single event LIVE!!!! Then I am guessing probably ABC will do the highlights like to basically equal NBC's coverage this year...

If ESPN can deliver this then it will gain major props from me.. maybe even erase the past 10 years of Piss poor coverage...

anyways did anyone else here that if ESPN wins the bid for the coverage of next olympics... regardless of what time the games are on.. ESPN's network of channels will carry every single event LIVE!!!! Then I am guessing probably ABC will do the highlights like to basically equal NBC's coverage this year...

If ESPN can deliver this then it will gain major props from me.. maybe even erase the past 10 years of Piss poor coverage...

Our cable network has 4 dedicated channels specifically for the Winter Olympics. Actually, that would be 8 if you consider 4 for standard definition and 4 in high definition.

Of those 4 channels, each one is location specific - Whistler, Creekside, Vancouver and Cypress.

However, it's not free to access any of the channels. $50 for the lot if you booked early, $65 for the lot if booked from Opening Ceremony to the end of Day 6, then it was being advertised for $10 per day.

And to think that some people think that Australia is behind the times.

The games are now over. Nice of them to recognize that young man who died and a very cool standing ovation for him. Kudos for Neil Young closing things out. :D All kinds of gutsy and great performances by many of the athletes in these games. They were fun to watch.

Sweet awkward boo in the arena after Rogge officially closed the games.

Heard that. Unsure of where that came from,but it could be they're not too happy with the games ending. I know here,"we" weren't either.

In a way, I'm saddened that the Olympics are over. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. I was hooked and I thought NBC did a great job from the coverage to the background stories.

Winter Olympics trump Summer IMO.

I've never really scared about the Olympics until this winter and I was absolutely hooked. Watching the closing ceremonies I was a little sad. It was one epic series of events and I can't wait for the next one to come around.

.....I still think Summer Olympics suck though :)

Archived