Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Winter Olympics Thread

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

USA Men's hockey roster: http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=TU_01_01_05&id=277214

USA Hockey pool play broadcast schedule:

Tuesday Feb. 16. 3pm USA vs Switzerland (USA Network)

Thursday Feb. 18. 3pm USA vs Norway (USA Network)

Sunday Feb. 21. 7pm USA vs Canada (MSNBC)

Not expecting a medal, but we have a pretty good goalie, so you never know.

I used to be pretty much a summer games kind of a guy when I was younger,(er...much younger). Moved here and as I started to ski and watch more races and such,I became a fan of the Winter games as well. Being here for them in 2002 was over the top. Love them both.

Man I hope the Chinese don't mop up on us again.. in Beijing The Chinese won 51 golds to our 36. It was embarassing..

On a positive not the Chinese openning ceromonies of the game were the most spectacular openning ceromony ever..

Man I hope the Chinese don't mop up on us again.. in Beijing The Chinese won 51 golds to our 36. It was embarassing..

On a positive not the Chinese openning ceromonies of the game were the most spectacular openning ceromony ever..

Are you serious? The Chinese couldn't give a flying fig about the Winter Games.

We still had the better overall team in Beijing with more total medals. The Chinese were busy hiding the ages of their gymnastics team, I guess.

Are you serious? The Chinese couldn't give a flying fig about the Winter Games.

We still had the better overall team in Beijing with more total medals. The Chinese were busy hiding the ages of their gymnastics team, I guess.

China's summer olympic team in Beijing was impressive as hell. Not only did they win more gold medals than America 51-36, if you take away Phelps they did it by nearly a 2-1 magine..... Ok that's impressive... but what's jaw droppingly impressive is when you compare it to their historical medal counts...

1992 they had 16 Golds to our 37

1996 they had 16 Golds to our 44

2000 they had 28 Golds to our 37

2004 they had 32 Golds to our 36

2008 They had 51 Golds to our 36

It's like in the old days of the Soviet Union. They set out to dominat targeted sports in order to win more gold medals and they've trippled their gold medal counts while we've basically treaded water... Hell even their basketball team was respectable......

lol, yeah i don't think you'll see China win gold at the Winter games like they did in the Summer games.

In the Winter Games it's Germany, Norway, Italy, Russia et who kick our butts.... We haven't finished first in gold medals in decades

1989 9th..

1993 5th.

1994 5th.

1998 5th.

2002 3rd.

2006 2nd.

• 3 weeks later...

Lindsay Vonn questionable for Olympics the biggest story so far

Lindsay Vonn is cute

Olympics start in like 2 days

Discuss, do you intend to watch any of them? Personally Summer Olympics are more interesting, but I will try to watch some of these events other than Hockey.

Speaking of Hockey Canada projected to win Gold but it might not be easy, got the Swedes and Russians playing too

Heck yeah, I love watching the World Cup and both Olympics, even curling. It's just very cool to see the actual best in the world competing against each other, it's different enough from national leagues that I get into the competition even if the sport is iffy.

My biggest problem with the Olympics is judgeable events like figure skating and gymnastics, they always seem to get screwed up from bias or idiocy or terrible scoring algorithms.

Archived