Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Winter Olympics Thread

GoSkins561

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I may actually pull for Russian hockey over the US team. I especially want to see them take out Canada. Crosby & no Mike Green = **** Team Canada. :mad:
Incredible. You took the exact thought out of my head. Well, not the exact thought, I will adopt the Russians as my 2nd favorite and the team I would rather watch (which is probably what you meant). But I do hope that Canada loses badly.

Had a variety of Olympic athletes from around the world,(including U.S.), working out at the Rec Center I part time at the past 10 or so days. Bob sledders,skeleton crew,even the Japanese Ski jumpers. Most are now there or on their way. Some serious training they were doing,(duh). Looking forward to the Winter Olympics getting under way.

I won't watch a minute of it.

At least watch the hockey

Seems intriguing and everyone is saying how important it is for Canada to win, how big a deal it is is Canada, how anything less than Gold is failure for Canada...but there are several teams in this tournament that give them trouble. It's not a given that Canada will win gold. Russia or Sweden have an excellent chance. I don't believe in USA yet, USA has a good goaltender though in Miller and talent in Kane and Jack Johnson?

LMAO how can anyone cheer for Russia over the USA?

I'm as big a fan of Ovechkin, Semin, and Varly as anyone but how do you not cheer for your country in the Olympics?

I treat the US the same as any other country in the Olympics. I root mostly based on the athlete's apparent personality, skill level, etc., with a slight favoring for underdogs. Doesn't matter what country they're from.

Actually I also tend to root against some Americans depending on how jingoistic and obtrusive the NBC coverage is (and some other foreign athletes at times for the same reasons). One example is a bobsled final a couple Olympics ago, I think the two main teams were the Germans and someone else, and the US team was hoping to get third. NBC spent 90% of the time covering them through all the teams' runs, and as soon as they failed their final run for any chance at a medal they either went to commercial or spent the rest of that slot's time interviewing them. They never actually showed the final runs of the Germans and others contending, and never showed the final results on TV. I had to check the internet to see who won, and this is after a few hours of TV coverage of the event, with me getting interested in all the teams and hoping for an exciting finish. That sort of crap tends to piss me off and hope such a US team fails miserably so at least I can see good teams/athletes perform.

So basically, if a US athlete or team is trash, I get irked if the vast majority of coverage is on them and hope they lose so the remaining coverage will be "forced" to showcase better remaining athletes. I watch the Olympics to see quality performances from the best in the world.

hmm, that ended up kind of rantish!

haha what is with the Anit-Canada hockey sentiment? You caps fans hate Crosby that much? This tournament is going to be crazy, there are 6 teams who could take gold, and I really like your US team, filled with talent. As much as I want the home team to win, the pressure is crippling, I can't even imagine.

not sure how many of you guys will be interested in women's figure skating but this year will feature probably the most dominate skater relative to her competition in our lifetime thus far...

Her name is Kim Yu-Na.. "Queen Yu-Na" is her nickname and she does wear those crown earrings haha... anyways she is tied with Shaun White as athletes making the most money in the winter olymipics at $7.5 million last year (ignoring the hockey players).

at the 2009 Trophée Eric Bompard.. her score of 210.03 not only beat second place by 36 points.. she would have finished 4th if she competed against the men...

ei080319038.jpg

6a00e54f7ecf2c88330120a64d0a37970c-800wi

kim-yu-na.jpg

haha what is with the Anit-Canada hockey sentiment? You caps fans hate Crosby that much? This tournament is going to be crazy, there are 6 teams who could take gold, and I really like your US team, filled with talent. As much as I want the home team to win, the pressure is crippling, I can't even imagine.

The snubbed Mike Green. Mike Green, the best offensive defenseman in the world, hands down. How the **** does he not make the team.

That, and yes, we hate Crosby that much... and more. :evil:

not sure how many of you guys will be interested in women's figure skating but this year will feature probably the most dominate skater relative to her competition in our lifetime thus far...

Her name is Kim Yu-Na.. "Queen Yu-Na" is her nickname and she does wear those crown earrings haha... anyways she is tied with Shaun White as athletes making the most money in the winter olymipics at $7.5 million last year (ignoring the hockey players).

at the 2009 Trophée Eric Bompard.. her score of 210.03 not only beat second place by 36 points.. she would have finished 4th if she competed against the men...

She reminds me of The Grudge too much.

Archived