Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to see Vick and Shanny?(Merged)

Hal2856

I think Vick is probably a good con man. We have no proof whatsoever that he's changed.

Fact is, Vick paid his debt to society. What do you want the guy to do? He did his 2 years, when Dante Stallworth spent 24 days in jail. Stallworth killed a man!!!! Driving while F'D UP. There are laws against drunk driving.

Good con man? Do you have any proof that he hasn't changed? Do you know Vick?

Nobody says anything about Stallworth. He took a life. 24 days vs. 2 years. Something isn't right. Vick was made an example of. No if's and's buts about it.

Do you even understand the point I'm trying too make?

I do, but do you understand the point I'M trying to make? Vick is simply not as good as he used to be, and I don't think he ever will. He could still be great again in given time, but that time is not now. I think we need to pass on this one, especially if we would have to give up ANY draft pick to the godforsaken Eagles...

I've thinking about this one and it doesn't seem a bad Idea just because of the system Shanny likes to run and I'd think he would incorporate the wild cat with vick. With all the boot legs and play action its not a bad idea. But I don't think vick wants to play anymore, he's more into the game check than playing. They would also need another QB either keeping campbell or drafting a QB, I wouldn't want Vick starting and not have a quaility QB behind him. Vick gets injuried every year

My first thought is no. My second thought is that Shanahan should get whichever player he desires. He's running the show and I support him. For now.

Oh and there was a thread on there about how Shanahan will take shots at people who are extremelly talented but have trouble histories. If Vick is available and if Shanahan beliees he fits his sytem, I couldn't definitely see it happen.

Fact is, Vick paid his debt to society. , when Dante Stallworth spent 24 days in jail. Stallworth killed a man!!!! Driving while F'D UP. There are laws against drunk driving.

Good con man? Do you have any proof that he hasn't changed?

Vick didn't go to jail as a kid for robbery or burglary, it was a very particular kind of crime. People rarely just change from that kind of mentality.

Where is YOUR proof, the burden is on you. This would be like having a person that enjoyed raping women and saying "he's changed." The burden of proof on that kind of mentality is on you.

Without evidence of his change (playing it safe so he can play again and make far more than he could make in any other profession for which he'd be qualified,) why should I assume he has changed? Why is he unable to go and do something like moving, clerk-typist, animal trainer (jk) or the like? Why do second chances require everyone to provide him with the same exact opportunity he had before? Many other people would be grateful for the chance to go and live their life and go live a normal life. You're not entitled to millions just because you served time. You may get them, but you're not entitled to that chance.

As for Stallworth, you can't seriously draw an equivalence between ACCIDENTALLY killing someone (someone who may actually have been more at fault than Stallworth for his own death) and the kind of mentality it would take to do what Vick did (and not just the cruelty to animals but the double-life/criminal associations, etc) Stallworth also cut a hefty check to the victim's family.

Who cares if one sentence is equal or less to the other, we're talking about signing with the Redskins, not the unfairness of a particular sentence or the value of a human or animal life, dude. Your argument has nothing to do with Vick, it's all an attempt to distract and divert the focus from Vick and his character. Stallworth is absolutely irrelevant to this discussion.

No. He's an overrated QB, and a human scumbag without character.

If Shanny wants him, it would reflect on his own character, or, lack thereof.

If there be a God, I pray thee, end this madness before it goes any further. Let the "Hitler Of The Dogs" sign somewhere else, tomorrow, if not sooner.

Just say "no" to the K9 Killa. I was never impressed with him before all of his troubles and I don't believe he's gotten better. He's never been all that accurate, he was always more of a running back that was a threat to launch a pass now and then, and with getting older and having time off I don't believe his mobility is what it once was and his accuracy sure hasn't gotten better. I'd pass on this one..

But why?

Did you see his one play in the playoff game. It was a perfect example of a Shanny bootleg pass...

Did you see the other play where he fumbled because he wasn't looking at what he was doing and seemed to have rubbed butter on his hands before the play?:doh:

He was responsible for Phillys best play of the day...but also their worst play!

:dallasuck

First off I am sick of the Stallworth comparisons. As Ghost says one was an accident by a guy who did something no doubt 70% of the people on this board have done in the past, drive while drunk. Vick demonstrated a pattern of violent, despicable behavior for years.

With that said I do believe that he has paid a huge price, there is no reason to believe that he has not changed, and he deserves to be able to get on with his life.

And with that said what exactly did he show this year that would even make this idea a possibility? His play this year never measured up to the Eagles expectations and he sure as hell isn't worth the 2nd year price tag on that deal. He was a coach killer in his first stint in the NFL, now it appears as if he has lost a bit of his acceleration and will always be incredibly inaccurate.

Passing on him is the biggest no brainer in the history of Earth.

Vick has a great arm and is am amzing runner from the QB spot. However he is just not an accurate passer and is ill suited for any type of offense which is a timing based which is what the WCO is. His career completion percentage is 53%. He has also never had a 3,000 yard passing season - ever and he averaged 13 passing TDs a season over his career so far (ignoring this year).

To add you would have zero intermediate passing game - it would be roll left/right option the deep shot, a TE on a cross or drag or tuck it away and run.

You also might as well go with just 2 wide receivers on the roster because Vick is incapable of consistently utilising wideouts.

He can be an effective QB if you build your entire offense around his strengths (or you use him as a gadget change of pace guy like the Eagles did) and you can't ignore he was a 1000 yard rusher from the QB spot. But he would be a horrible, horrible fit for the system Shanny has run in the NFL and which its a safe assumption he will run here.

In other threads folks have brought up Steve Young as a comparison - Shanny was Youngs OC when they won a Super Bowl together with the 49ers. Here is the difference - Young was a passer who could run and Vick is a runner who can pass.

For me Vick is simply not an option for a WCO based team.

Vick would not be a very good fit for the WCO -- unless his game improved while with the Eagles. He would survive better behind our O-line, but I wonder how well he'd step up in the accuracy and decision-making area.

His background and character issues would make him a very risky pick for this franchise. It would become a "testimony" to the new regime abandoning Gibb's goal of seeking players with high-quality character to be Redskins. And if Vick was to become the starting QB, then he'd be the new 'face' for the Redskins -- and how well do you think would that go over with the media? Remember this is also the same guy who flipped off his fans.

On a personal level, I would find it extremely difficult to cheer for any Vick success -- and would like it even less to be watching him every Sunday at the helm of my favorite team.

I hope we stay away from Vick.

Fact is, Vick paid his debt to society. What do you want the guy to do? He did his 2 years, when Dante Stallworth spent 24 days in jail. Stallworth killed a man!!!! Driving while F'D UP. There are laws against drunk driving.

Good con man? Do you have any proof that he hasn't changed? Do you know Vick?

Nobody says anything about Stallworth. He took a life. 24 days vs. 2 years. Something isn't right. Vick was made an example of. No if's and's buts about it.

Once again, we have someone who doesn't understand the rule of law and what has really happened.

Stallworth - heinous act of driving under the influence. There are laws against it, and at this day and time, EVERYONE should know the dangers and risks of doing such a thing. Sadly, a man's life was taken because Stallworth decided to ignore what we all KNOW and to break the law.

However, the unfortunate man also broke the law by stepping out in traffic illegally. There still are jay-walking laws, though few people abide by them any more. Does this excuse Stallworth's actions? Hell, no. But, when these facts are brought to light to a judge, plus the fact that STALLWORTH OWNED UP TO HIS MISTAKE immediately and never tried to lie or make excuses, and showed true remorse, you have an involuntary manslaughter charge.

Now people want to look at the time Stallworth spent in jail. They want to disregard the fact that he lost his job and all of his money, was under house arrest for a year, and no one is talking about giving him a second chance.

Vick - he did not serve one day in prison for what he did to a single animal. Not one. As a matter of fact, a charge of cruelty to animals was never on the docket. Vick was arrested and did time for breaking federal gambling organization laws. So, saying that the law treated animal lives as being more than a human life is just not true and ignorant.

On top of the crime, Vick lied to EVERYONE time and time again. He showed ZERO remorse until he was caught and trapped and had to. Vick was not made an example of, though he SHOULD have been, because, if he had flipped like his two associates did before him, he would have much less time. Instead, he continued to lie and to believe he was untouchable, and when it came time to face the judge, he was the only one standing that was left. This happens everyday in cases across this country.

So, get the facts straight. We don't need to have a guy like that on this team. This franchise is and should be better than that!!!

Archived