Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to see Vick and Shanny?(Merged)

Hal2856

Wouldnt we have to trade for Vick since he is under a 2 year contract?

Care to explain why you think its a match made in heaven?

Essentially it's a one year deal. He is getting the league minimium this year if he stays next year he will make $6 million. The Eagles can cut him with no salary cap implications.

That being said Shanny passed on TO he'll pass on Vick. Vick is too undisciplined to run Shanny's version of the West Coast offense.

no no no and no

But why?

Did you see his one play in the playoff game. It was a perfect example of a Shanny bootleg pass...

I see why not considering his mistakes out of football, but I'm just asking what Shanny might do.

Plus, I bet Shanny and Dungy have had many talks about Vick. We all know Dungy likes him.

Vick throws one TD pass and people love him. Dude is horribad accurate even if completion percentage is not the most reliable indicator of accuracy.

I'm not saying I love him... I'm just saying Shann works magic with QB's. Vick does have his problems but so did Plummer. Look what he did with him.

In fact they are similar QBs. Only I think Vick is better than Plummer.

Bringing in Vick to be our starting QB would be akin to bringing back Cerrato in terms of terrible moves.

Okay... So the Eagles who are praised for their front office moves take him and it's great but we take him, bring him in for a year, see what he can do and it's a terrible move? With Allen at the helm he'll have him on a vet min contract...

Sometimes I think you guys jump to crazy conclusions...

Glad you're responding, but you could have put a lot of your follow up input into the original post.

And no. Vick is a horrible person and for that reason alone, I don't support bringing him here. Sure people have their flaws, no one is perfect, people have done worse things, etc - but - there's only so many 'flawed character' people we can have on this team. Imo, we have way too many of them on the team as it is.

Glad you're responding, but you could have put a lot of your follow up input into the original post.

And no. Vick is a horrible person and for that reason alone, I don't support bringing him here. Sure people have their flaws, no one is perfect, people have done worse things, etc - but - there's only so many 'flawed character' people we can have on this team. Imo, we have way too many of them on the team as it is.

You're right I could have but I like conversation... Next time I'll do that. I agree about character and wanting good people... I'm wondering about talent at this point... But to your point, Dungy, who seems to know men and their true hearts, seems to think Vick has learned his lesson.

I'm not sure I want him on the team either, but it's an option. Do you think Shanny could coach him to be great? That's my question.

Okay... So the Eagles who are praised for their front office moves take him and it's great but we take him, bring him in for a year, see what he can do and it's a terrible move? With Allen at the helm he'll have him on a vet min contract...

Sometimes I think you guys jump to crazy conclusions...

Except I think the Eagles made a mistake by signing him to a contract (and an even bigger mistake giving him their Ed Block Courage Award). He's never been a good QB and doesn't appear to be the runner he used to be. Also, there's no way in hell Vick accepts another vet min contract.

... But to your point, Dungy, who seems to know men and their true hearts, seems to think Vick has learned his lesson.

Unlike some, I don't have a problem with a guy who's an ******* playing for us, or one who has/had problems. But there's a world of difference between some guy pinched for DUI, a guy who is bipolar but is a decent person when he's on meds, a guy who slugged another guy at a bar, someone who was busted for carrying a gun without a permit but hasn't acted out violently, a drug addict who is trying to get help, or someone who has clearly broken with a gang-affiliation in the past.

There's no indication that Vick has really reformed. I mean, what's the sign that he has. If a guy is a drug addict, if he's not using then he's at least doing well. If a guy was violent and impulsive and doesn't do it anymore, it's not hard to ascertain.

If a guy engages in sadistic torture of dogs and running an illegal gambling operation, how exactly does one tell if his character has really improved? Refraining from this doesn't tell me what's in his heart.

As for Dungy, I have reasons to believe that if Vick were not a good player, he'd not be nearly as involved. Dungy's son committing suicide may also have an impact in a desire to help someone.

Also, our own GM, Bruce Allen said of Jerramy Stevens (rapist who sodomized and raped a 19 year old at U-Dub was never charged because he was a big-time TE for the Huskies on a Rose Bowl run), the several-time DUI loser: "We had a very serious talk with him today. I think Jerramy Stevens is a good young man."

Jerramy Stevens isn't only a rapist and habitual drunk driver, he's a complete prick as a person, isn't even a good neighbor and is only given a chance because of his talent, in spite of the fact that he's not even really a good player.

Yet people vouched for this ******* every step of the way, including getting into college, as he was involved in stomping on a kid's head in high school. Keep in mind his parents were professional people, he was just a massive prick, he wasn't raised in a bad area.

I think Vick is probably a good con man. We have no proof whatsoever that he's changed.

They were talking about Vick on ESPN this morning, and the point was brought up that he is not as fast as he used to be (similar to an earlier post), but it was agreed that he is still the fastest qb in the nfl.

I think it would be interesting if they did persue Vick, and if Coach Mike and Allen believe in him, then thats good enough for me.

A question could be asked also:

Just based on QB play, who would you say will be a better fit for Shanahans offense.........

Jason Campbell

or Mike Vick

Naaaaah...............

This would be a Vinny move. I don't see Shanahan bringing him in, and for good reason. Not to say that he isn't a locker room guy because I have no idea on whether he is or not. I just see him as kind of a distraction because of his history. I believe that he should be playing again but he did some bad stuff, guys. With such a political town we live in we would get some pretty bad press and protesting with a signing like this.

Not to mention, if we were going to replace Campbell it would have to be for a FUTURE FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. Believe it or not, Campbell would be MUCH better than Vick. That bootleg was pretty much his only good play all season anyways.

Vick is a bad dude. Can you even imagine holding a dogs head under water until it dies? Everbody gets a second chance but if the redskins were to sign ron mexico I would be done with this team. FVICK

Also the west coast offensive requires touch passes, something vick can't do. Jason Campbell is better than vick. I really don't like what mike vick is about and if he gets released from the iggles it's because he isn't a good player or a good person. Vick=Sick

let me clarify.

1- hes a great runner, too bad that a qb's job is passing.

2- he has a scary strong arm and accuracy, too bad he never put the time in to develop touch or timing.

3- he may be the dumbest QB I have ever seen as far as reading defences and we all know the man has no self control and a huge ego. he would not fit here at all.

basically he is scum as a human being and he was vastly overrated as a QB because of his physical abilities. It should be a crime to waste talent like he had , I would venture to say he had more physical talent than any QB ever had, he just was an epic fail with the intangibles. He really is a poster child for million dollar body ten cent head.

Archived